Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2014, 07:09 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Can't tell but it sounds small. Only a guess
* G700c BRAIN2 * T-rex 500 *308DUO *450x #429
Relisys190 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2014, 07:12 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

This thread is going to explode. It sounds small. Can't tell really. I turned it up real loud and my coworker just snarlled.. lol.

My guess is as good as ya'lls
Old 01-24-2014, 07:13 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

The picture looks like it has metal blade grips and metal pitch links, with plastic ball ends. I doubt it's a micro, maybe it's something in the 200mm size.
Old 01-24-2014, 07:53 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

I thought the motor sounded small but the blades sounded larger, slower, and carbon fiber. I'm going with a ultra light, stretched 300x sized, belted tail, carbon framed machine swinging 325 blades at 2800rpm.

The motor sounds like it's spinning fast and the blades slow which would mean something with a very low gear ratio and probably very light disc loading. The 300x has one of the lowest gear ratios offered on a single stage gear reduction with a possible 15/1 ratio. Most helis seem to be 8/1 to 12/1 max.

I'm guessing this will come out with their new ar7200bx with governor feature and safe mode. It will be great for beginners with safe mode and larger heli stability, good sized for park flying, and have the features wanted by the veterans. That would be the one heli that almost all heli guys, regardless of experience, would want in their fleet if it comes at the right price.

The pilot also had mcdonalds coffee and hash browns for breakfast on his way to the field, no eggs or bacon. He didn't get all the grease off his fingers and was slipping on the collective a little. He also had a little too much of a caffeine buzz and wasn't as smooth on the sticks as normal.
kpod is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2014, 07:55 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpod View Post

The pilot also had mcdonalds coffee and hash browns for breakfast on his way to the field, no eggs or bacon. He didn't get all the grease off his fingers and was slipping on the collective a little. He also had a little too much of a caffeine buzz and wasn't as smooth on the sticks as normal.
Sounds to me like he was wearing a blue top too.
tomatwalden is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2014, 07:59 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpod View Post
I thought the motor sounded small but the blades sounded larger, slower, and carbon fiber. I'm going with a ultra light, stretched 300x sized, belted tail, carbon framed machine swinging 325 blades at 2800rpm.

The motor sounds like it's spinning fast and the blades slow which would mean something with a very low gear ratio and probably very light disc loading. The 300x has one of the lowest gear ratios offered on a single stage gear reduction with a possible 15/1 ratio. Most helis seem to be 8/1 to 12/1 max.

I'm guessing this will come out with their new ar7200bx with governor feature and safe mode. It will be great for beginners with safe mode and larger heli stability, good sized for park flying, and have the features wanted by the veterans. That would be the one heli that almost all heli guys, regardless of experience, would want in their fleet if it comes at the right price.

WHATTT!!! No bacon?

spykez is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2014, 10:26 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hmm, so they discontinue the 300x, a heli know for frame stiffness issues, and now they're releasing something with "CFX" in the name. I'm preeettttyyyy sssuuure it will be prefixed by the number 300. I'd also love to see an AR7200BX with safe mode, and some decent servos too.

Old 01-24-2014, 10:37 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnFly View Post
sounds like it is being flown on a partly cloudy day, humidity at about 35%, temperature 45 degrees Fahrenheit. The flying field is at about 300 feet sea level and grass covered but is in desperate need of watering. The pilot is using a DX18 with a recently charged transmitter battery, but a nearly full memory card. He definitely had eggs for breakfast, possibly with bacon, I can't be sure about this part. I need to listen to the audio one more time and I should be able to tell you his favorite color (but I'm guessing its blue)

come on Blade - silly is as silly does
Best response ever!

I feel like Ralphie on The Christmas Story waiting on his code to decipher from Ovaltine on his favorite radio show Little Orphan Annie.

-Give a man a helicopter and he flies for a day. Teach a man to fly helicopters and he flies for a lifetime!
BadVad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2014, 10:43 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Considering the Lynx CF frame for my 300X just arrived in the mail today, my money is that its a comparable sized 300X replacement, just because that's my luck.
Old 01-24-2014, 10:46 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think it sounds a little smaller than a 450, really loud like a Trex though. My hopes are for a "true" 300 sized heli swinging 300-325mm blades
Old 01-24-2014, 11:20 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp0160 View Post
I think it sounds a little smaller than a 450, really loud like a Trex though. My hopes are for a "true" 300 sized heli swinging 300-325mm blades
But the 450 already swings 325mm. A bit confused if they come out with a "true" 300 swinging 450 blades.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:15 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was hoping for a 300 sized frame with beefed up shafts, head, and longer boom to swing the 325's. It would be an ultra light 450.
kpod is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2014, 12:53 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Maybe it's a Carbon Fiber 200X!
Old 01-24-2014, 01:14 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Lets face it, if they actually do a "micro" right, many of us will break down and buy one regardless of specific size.

Right defined:
  • CF Frame
  • Metal swash, head, grips, tail grips
  • Driven (preferably belt) Collective tail
  • Better servos than previous offerings
  • Full FBL controller (BeastX one would imagine)
  • Reliable / more powerful motor
  • Governed
  • Carbon blades out of the box
List can go on, but that'd be enough to at least spike my interest in anything between 130 -> 300 size.

The 450X, though it took some upgrades, does fly really well. Particularly after the Lynx stretch kit.

I'll know this weekend after installing the CF frame, 450 class motor, etc if it's going to keep me happy in that size class, but prior to that, nothing I've seen under 450 class really has fit the bill out of the box.

Hopefully Blade has been taking a lot of notes both from watching the aftermarket targeted at their brand has done, as well as the most common upgrades the community typically performs on its product line and launches something that can shine.

I'd be absolutely game on for a sub 450 class that can hold its own, isn't prone to destroying its own parts in one way, shape, or form, and that doesn't need a pile of upgrades out of the box to satisfy anyone beyond a beginner.

Not bashing them, they are great overall values, but... I just want something that will keep up with my intermediate skill set in factory stock form...
Old 01-24-2014, 02:01 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Blade CFX

Don't know about you guys in US, but in the UK 130X has been pretty much out of stock everywhere for the last month! Coincidence? Is a V2 on the horizon?.......Horizon, did you see what I did there lol!!
BavarianRob is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2014, 02:04 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianRob View Post
Don't know about you guys in US, but in the UK 130X has been pretty much out of stock everywhere for the last month! Coincidence? Is a V2 on the horizon?
Was than pun intentional?
TheVortex3d is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2014, 02:17 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: Blade CFX

I've 6 Blade micros, but haven't bought a Blade for a while. Something better then a 130x please. Belt drive preferred. I've been eyeing the Align 250 dfc... Maybe Blade has something that will fill that slot. Hoping

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
Old 01-24-2014, 02:34 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Blade CFX

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVortex3d View Post
Was than pun intentional?

Ha ha, just edited post, no didn't realise until I read it back ha ha!
Old 01-24-2014, 02:36 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Blade CFX

Quote:
Originally Posted by distructor View Post
I've 6 Blade micros, but haven't bought a Blade for a while. Something better then a 130x please. Belt drive preferred. I've been eyeing the Align 250 dfc... Maybe Blade has something that will fill that slot. Hoping

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

I've been seriously contemplating the 250 DFC too, might have to hold fire for a few days to see what the announcement is!!
Old 01-24-2014, 02:48 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relisys190 View Post
But the 450 already swings 325mm. A bit confused if they come out with a "true" 300 swinging 450 blades.
A 450 isn't "true" in it's own case, it swings 325mm blades. That's why I said a 300 swinging 300-325mm. It would feel like a much bigger heli

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in