Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Scale Helicopters > Scale Projects <790

Scale Projects <790 Scale Projects <790 Discussion

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mayron
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2018, 12:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Predator Project

I thought would get thoughts on this project, I got this fuse a few months ago, it was damaged in shipping I bought it and I regretted it after taking a better look once I got it home, I took it off the shelf today to cut it up and trash it, but I have a predator I am rebuilding on my work bench and when I sat the fuse next it I thought I would see if it could fit and I think it's going to fit nice, took the fuse down to my Buddy's shop and he pointed me in the rite direction, he is going cut formers for me and supply me with carbon fiber to reinforce the areas that will need extra strength. I'm going to start repairing the few areas that where damaged while I am waiting for parts to get in from Century. Going to go down to see Cliff at RCA to get the tail for the 429 fuse that is all I'm missing, I'm going to trash all interior parts not going to use them. I'm going to mask off the arears that needs repairs so I wont have much area to have painted.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	00u0u_axZQhIerrVK_1200x900.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	740346   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0808.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	740347   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0806.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	740348   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0811.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	740349  
cobieg likes this.
mayron is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2018, 02:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looking forward towards your progress on this project.

Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle. Robert Anthony.
Heliwhisperer is online now        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2018, 06:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Starting repair

Started doing a little work today, repairing the damage is not going to be as bad as I thought it would be. I need to get some Evercoat Metal Glaze and more 600 grit sand paper. Not sure if I should repaint the entire fuse, my concern is will the paint on it now stand up to the gas. If I do need to paint the entire fuse I'm going to go with different color. The only two bad spots are in the pics, the spots have been glassed with 3 layers of 6oz cloth inside fuse.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0816.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	740491   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0818.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	740492  
Old 04-03-2018, 07:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Angry Century

No progress trying to get the heli up for test flite, I am waiting on Century heli world to ship my parts they are taking for ever to ship placed order a week ago and they still have not shipped them.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in