Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters > Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme

Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2012, 11:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Finally She Flies

Just finished getting everything soldered, wrapped and tied up. All that's left is to mount the sensor and set up the VBar.

I've always used the Kontronik governor so I'm a little intimidated by the setup of the governor in the VBar. If I use the parameters in the manual for the Xxtreme will this get me close enough to do a maiden?

Any pointers from those who have already done the setup would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by HeliRush; 04-29-2012 at 05:36 PM..
HeliRush is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2012, 11:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

"If I use the parameters in the manual for the Xxtreme will this get me close enough to do a maiden?"

Yep (-:

"Any pointers from those who have already done the setup would be greatly appreciated."

There is massive amounts of info on the XXtreme forum on the V-Bar site. If you have any issues, someone's probably had them before. That's the purpose for it...to act as a clearing house for everything about the XXtreme.

Getting it up in the air the first time is a little bit intimidating due to the size of the machine, but once there, it flies like a Logo...no problem.

(-: Dave
dahld is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2012, 01:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Probably the most important tip is once you select the govenor mode as Electric in the VBar software that you then hit the reset button beside the selection before you do any further setup. If you forget to do the reset and you do it after entering your ratio and pole count etc, you will have to re-enter them again.
Old 04-22-2012, 07:16 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks guys for the info, as luck would have it our weather today is rainy and windy. I will finish the set up and then hopefully we'll get a break .

Dave I am intimidated already by the size of the XXtreme, so much so that I actually had it up for sale for a bit until some support from a few members and the fact that my wife said h@!! no I finally decided to build it. and now I'm glad I did.

Will update later.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:39 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

If possible make a video of your maiden flight to share with us

Thanks and Good Luck
Old 04-22-2012, 10:53 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliRush View Post
Thanks guys for the info, as luck would have it our weather today is rainy and windy. I will finish the set up and then hopefully we'll get a break .

Dave I am intimidated already by the size of the XXtreme, so much so that I actually had it up for sale for a bit until some support from a few members and the fact that my wife said h@!! no I finally decided to build it. and now I'm glad I did.

Will update later.
Haha, I remember that! I don't really cruise this part of the site too often, but I do remember the words of wisdom parted down on you

Glad you stuck with it. After watching a load of videos on the XX, you're bound to have one heck of a time with it

Did you get it in the air yet? I'm in the southeast as well (Savanna, Georgia), and our weather isn't cooperating either.
// WK2801 // Spektrum DX4e //
jonbailie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2012, 08:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

In case you haven't seen my other thread I had a brain f@rt technical issue with my XXtreme so it looks like the maiden flight will be postponed for a few days. I'll definitely update once I have it in the air but for now it's still on the stand.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:15 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well it appears all of my brain f@(t issues are resolved. Thanks to some really good people, and understanding companies in this hobby the financial impact was minimized.

Now to the good part, I will finally be doing a maiden flight tomorrow and I do plan to have someone capture it on video for me.

Ahhh... Life is good
Old 04-29-2012, 06:41 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

After two months of indecision, procrastination, acquiring the necessary equipment and a major brain cramp I finally got the XXTREME in the air today and I'd just like to say Ohhhh Yeeaah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahld

"If I use the parameters in the manual for the Xxtreme will this get me close enough to do a maiden?"

Yep (-:

"Any pointers from those who have already done the setup would be greatly appreciated."

There is massive amounts of info on the XXtreme forum on the V-Bar site. If you have any issues, someone's probably had them before. That's the purpose for it...to act as a clearing house for everything about the XXtreme.

Getting it up in the air the first time is a little bit intimidating due to the size of the machine, but once there, it flies like a Logo...no problem.

Dave how totally right and spot on you are, I was very nervous at first because of the size and the power this XXtreme has. I brought it into a hover, did a couple pirouettes, a couple pitch pumps and all of a sudden the intimidation was all but gone. It felt like I was flying my 600SE very light, very smooth and very precise.

One thing for sure that the XXtreme is and that is big, everything about it is big.

Two things the XXtreme is not and those are it is not clumsy in flight and it is not slow.

I am running +12 / -12 and a head-speed of 1800 and this thing will get moving in a hurry.

It's funny because after two flights with the XXtreme I pulled out my 600 and it felt... well... small.

I will have to invest in a couple more sets of batteries because I can see I won't like waiting around for them to charge.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:00 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

@ HeliRush,

"...after two flights with the XXtreme I pulled out my 600 and it felt... well... small."

so true, as I've been forced to acknowledge myself lately, because...

A sad story titled: "The death of an XXtreme".

After the 2011 season, Kyle kicked down one of his XXtremes to me. I've been flying it since late 2011. Since I'm not the sponsored pilot, I used an old Power Jazz I had from the days before the Jive came out, added a smaller 5025 custom wound 380kv motor we tried (and ditched) during the early prototyping stage of the 800 (powerful enough for me and and my sport flying however), some old pre-production 813 blades that were too soft for aggressive 3D flight, using worn-out 14S batteries we have laying around, and anything else I could find in the drawers to get it flying. I've been having a great time sport flying the big machine for months. I just forgot I even had a Logo 500SE and a Logo 600SE.

Couple of weeks ago I flipped out of throttle hold, the ESC "popped" and burst into flames, powerful enough to be spewing out from under the canopy on all sides and the top.

By the time I got the rotor stopped, the heat had gotten so hot the canopy itself was on fire. No way I could remove it without getting burned. I resorted to picking the heli up by the boom, and running it over to a large water dish a we keep out for the dogs, (spewing smoke and fire the whole way...kinda comical looking back on the event), and threw the whole pan of water on it.

That put the fire out, but the damage was done. The main frames and everything attached to it was pretty much a total loss. Anything plastic was melted, and all the wiring insulation was fried. Scratch one XXtreme.

The point of the story is, I've been flying the Logo 600SE ever since, and as most know, the Logo 600SE is a super flying model. BUT, I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Once you go big, going back just isn't the same.

dahld is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2012, 02:09 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

@HeliRush: !!!

Oh yeah, everything else looks pretty small. I don't know about you guys, but I still remember being unbelievably intimidated even when I spooled up a 400-class heli for the first time.
ElectricSheep is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in