Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Batteries and Charging Support > Brand Specific Charger and Battery Support

Brand Specific Charger and Battery Support Brand Specific Charger and Battery Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2015, 11:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default icharger 4010 Duo lcd screen stopped working

Well I put a longer ribon cord on my charger and now it stopped working. Well never worked since I put the new cable on it. Anyway can someone tell me where I can get a new screen at????? Thanks any help would be great
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2015, 03:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just happened with mine. Turned it one and the screen was completely white. Turned it off then on again and it doesn't come on. Sounds like the charger is still working because of the tones when I press a button. Did you find a way to fix this? New screen, send it in, warranty, etc.?
Old 06-22-2015, 10:21 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Those ribbon cables are a PITA. Sounds likes it is not seated all the way at one end.
Glenn Goodlett is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2016, 06:50 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtney2018 View Post
Just happened with mine. Turned it one and the screen was completely white. Turned it off then on again and it doesn't come on. Sounds like the charger is still working because of the tones when I press a button. Did you find a way to fix this? New screen, send it in, warranty, etc.?
Hi,

Same thing happened to mine today, Did anyone know whats the problem. Is it just a screen issue? is there a fix?
gazzazh is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2016, 01:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Evening guys.

http://norcalchargers.com/icharger-parts

Not used them myself yet, but was looking to buy an empty 4010 DUO she'll as an alignment tool for my charge case builds.
They sell the ribbon cables and new screens as well apparently.

If you buy from there let me know how you get on.

Ian
Coolice is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2016, 02:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

My screen goes white too. Has for the last year. It never does with AC PSU but always with deeps (after a few charges). I heard somewhere that 4010s don't like voltage to slowly sag over time? Updated to latest firmware last fall and that didn't fix it.

It's fine though. I reconnect and it's back usually. Or I hit the key presses from memory. Not happy but it is 4 years old. Might get a 308Duo this season if it bothers me enough. Already have a trusty 306b as a backup.
Old 01-23-2016, 11:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyster View Post
My screen goes white too. Has for the last year. It never does with AC PSU but always with deeps (after a few charges). I heard somewhere that 4010s don't like voltage to slowly sag over time? Updated to latest firmware last fall and that didn't fix it.

It's fine though. I reconnect and it's back usually. Or I hit the key presses from memory. Not happy but it is 4 years old. Might get a 308Duo this season if it bothers me enough. Already have a trusty 306b as a backup.
Mine is just over 1 year old. The white screen does not go away, and i can't use it cause i can't see anything on the screen. I don't know if its a screen issue or the board supplying power to the screen. I made was able to update to the latest firmware but No luck with the screen. Its not a cheap charger and something like this should not happen in just over a year. The main problem is finding someone to fix it and has parts. I bought it from hobby king.
Old 01-24-2016, 12:15 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yikes.. 1 year is bad! How do you power it? You cannot fix the white screen (at least in my case) because it is not the screen as it's fine when I power it up with a different voltage. How do you power yours? Try a source with a different voltage and see if the screen comes back.
Old 01-24-2016, 12:28 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Yikes.. 1 year is bad! How do you power it? You cannot fix the white screen (at least in my case) because it is not the screen as it's fine when I power it up with a different voltage. How do you power yours? Try a source with a different voltage and see if the screen comes back.
I am using a 24v 60Amp1200 Watt power supply. Its pretty good. The screen would sometimes come back for a few seconds and then goes back into white Blank screen. Its very frustrating..
Old 01-24-2016, 12:29 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Crazy. Try just one PSU at 12V and see if it doesn't have the white screen issue? This is frustrating. Such an amazing charger otherwise and mine was perfect for 3 years... I might just get the 308 Duo since it's newer and I haven't heard of any issues with that one. FMA might be the better brand, but I just cannot do without the incredible screen and interface.
Old 01-24-2016, 12:35 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Crazy. Try just one PSU at 12V and see if it doesn't have the white screen issue? This is frustrating. Such an amazing charger otherwise and mine was perfect for 3 years... I might just get the 308 Duo since it's newer and I haven't heard of any issues with that one. FMA might be the better brand, but I just cannot do without the incredible screen and interface.
I am trying now same PSU at 12V. will keep you updated. 24V shouldn't be an issue with that charger. I think there must some sort of an issue with the board supplying the screen. Not sure. I went and ordered the Graupner Polaron EX-1400-1460W Dual Port. But i still want to get this up and running again. Not knowing who to contact for repair is annoying and will keep me off from ever buying an ichrager again.
Old 01-24-2016, 12:36 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

So i tried at 12V and same thing, white screen after a couple of seconds of usage. It can't be the PSU. It just does not make sense
Old 01-24-2016, 03:03 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey buddy.

The white screen issue sounds like the ribbon cable is at fault, as it's an intermittent problem. I'm 99% sure I recall others saying they had similar issues and had to change the cable.
Try moving the screen up and down while powered to see if this makes the screen flicker.

Ian
Old 01-24-2016, 05:28 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolice View Post
Hey buddy.

The white screen issue sounds like the ribbon cable is at fault, as it's an intermittent problem. I'm 99% sure I recall others saying they had similar issues and had to change the cable.
Try moving the screen up and down while powered to see if this makes the screen flicker.

Ian
Hi Ian,

I checked it out, even check the ribbon cable from the inside.. No luck
Same issue. The screen doesn't even flicker.. Nothing at all. Just White Image with no readable text or colours
Old 01-24-2016, 06:22 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzazh View Post
Hi Ian,

I checked it out, even check the ribbon cable from the inside.. No luck
Same issue. The screen doesn't even flicker.. Nothing at all. Just White Image with no readable text or colours
Hey Buddy.

Ah, ruled that out then.
The next thing would be a screen, but it would be nice to be able to try one before buying one.

On the voltage dropping issue, has anyone tried slowly lowering the voltage to the charger when using a variable PSU?
I wouldn't advise doing it while charging, but when just siting idle it should be ok.

Ian
Old 01-24-2016, 10:58 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Hey Buddy.

Ah, ruled that out then.
The next thing would be a screen, but it would be nice to be able to try one before buying one.

On the voltage dropping issue, has anyone tried slowly lowering the voltage to the charger when using a variable PSU?
I wouldn't advise doing it while charging, but when just siting idle it should be ok.

Ian
This is the reply i got from the manufacturer
Could you please try to re-plug or change the ribbon cable, the problem maybe caused by bad connectio of the cable. If it fails to solve your problem, you need contact your supplier for the warranty.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
Rynn

Shenzhen New Junsi Electronic Co.,Ltd

I bought it from HobbyKing, I opened a support ticket and will see how they will handle this issue.
Old 01-25-2016, 10:54 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzazh View Post
This is the reply i got from the manufacturer
Could you please try to re-plug or change the ribbon cable, the problem maybe caused by bad connectio of the cable. If it fails to solve your problem, you need contact your supplier for the warranty.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
Rynn

Shenzhen New Junsi Electronic Co.,Ltd

I bought it from HobbyKing, I opened a support ticket and will see how they will handle this issue.
Hey Buddy.

Ah, keep us posted on how you get on.

I'm sure it's going to be the ribbon somewhere, especially as the screen comes and goes and it's a common problem I've read.

Ian
Old 01-25-2016, 11:02 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

I hope the issue isn't common with the 308 I just picked up one. I was thinking when I started using this that I should probably not flip up the screen when I'm charging. It has to put unneeded stress on whatever is inside if it's a poor design.
Old 01-26-2016, 12:35 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Hey Buddy.

I'm sure it's going to be the ribbon somewhere, especially as the screen comes and goes and it's a common problem I've read.

Ian
Hi,

I was able to contact Junsi ( the manufacturer) and i will need to send the charger for repair, don't know if the cost of shipping is justifiable. But i guess i will find out soon.
Will keep u updated.. thanks
Old 04-27-2016, 07:19 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Hey Buddy.

Ian

Hi Coolice,

here is the update you asked for.
Charger was sent to Junis electronics, Came back 22 days later
Worked for exactly 10 days till a couple of days back.
Now Back to white screen. Just terrible, considering i had to pay for fixing it and paying for shipping back and forth with terrible results at the end.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in