Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450

Blade 450 Blade 450 Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2015, 12:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Upgrade DS76 Servos to Spektrum H3050

I am considering upgrading the stock cyclic servos (DS76) on my B450-3D to the Spektrum H3050 (stock on the 450X). I was wondering if anyone has experience with these servos on a 450-3D. I would like to confirm electronic compatibility, physical fit, and performance. I would expect them to fit perfectly (with no mods) since both the 450-3D and -X share the same body (BLH1639) and servo arms (BLH1676). However, how about the interface between servo and swash plate (i.e., do the linkage balls align correctly)? How well do these servos perform?..... I am also interested in pros and cons for using these servos and also whether or not they are worth the added expense. Any input will be greatly appreciated.
N231LT is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2015, 06:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I say do the upgrade. The newer servos are faster and stronger. I use them on my 450x and there was a big difference in how the heli hovered and flew as compared to the ds76 line.
frankiexp2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2015, 08:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiexp2 View Post
I say do the upgrade. The newer servos are faster and stronger. I use them on my 450x and there was a big difference in how the heli hovered and flew as compared to the ds76 line.
Thank you for the input. Would you know if H3050s can be used on the 450-3D with no mods (physical or electrical)?
Old 01-30-2015, 12:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

hello boy
i have blade 400 3D. For it , i use hitec 65 MG and work great.
With hitec 65MG need do modify hole on arm the servos.
For Spektrum H3050 i read that detailed list technique are similar to hitec 65 MG .
Only three difference between hitec 65 MG and H3050 .

1°) H3050 are digital , hitec 65 MG are analogic. But you don't see difference between two servo, because your RX on BLADE 450 3D work to 50 HZ for signal. You can see difference only you use AR 7200 BX ( change frequency for servo ciclo ).If you use AR 7200BX , will say change blade 450 3D ( with flybar ) in BLADE 450X ( without flybar or flybarless).This frequency signal high on AR 7200 BX increase reply servo ciclos.

2°) H3050 have Speed= 0.067 sec/60 deg @ 4.8 V. HITEC 65MG have Speed = 0.14 sec /60 deg @ 4,8 V. This will say that H3050 are plus speed of HITEC 65MG to arrive position ( speed give motor inside every servo ).

3° ) H3050 have Tourque = 29 oz- in @ 4.8 V. HITEC 65 MG have Tourque = 25 oz-in @4.8V. This will say that H3050 are plus strong of HITEC 65MG.(Power electric = strong ; Power electric give motor inside every servo)

Yes, the H3050 are plus strong that DS76 because have metal gear ( inside every servo), and are a little speed and strong .

The size and arm are similar to DS76 .
The MAIN FRAME are ALL equal between BLADE 400 3D / BLADE 450 3D / BLADE 450X FOR HOLE of servos ciclo.
You to be quiet
I HOPE THIS HELP YOU FOR CHANGE SERVO.
aranciata is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2015, 01:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by aranciata View Post
hello boy
i have blade 400 3D. For it , i use hitec 65 MG and work great.
With hitec 65MG need do modify hole on arm the servos.
For Spektrum H3050 i read that detailed list technique are similar to hitec 65 MG .
Only three difference between hitec 65 MG and H3050 .

1°) H3050 are digital , hitec 65 MG are analogic. But you don't see difference between two servo, because your RX on BLADE 450 3D work to 50 HZ for signal. You can see difference only you use AR 7200 BX ( change frequency for servo ciclo ).If you use AR 7200BX , will say change blade 450 3D ( with flybar ) in BLADE 450X ( without flybar or flybarless).This frequency signal high on AR 7200 BX increase reply servo ciclos.

2°) H3050 have Speed= 0.067 sec/60 deg @ 4.8 V. HITEC 65MG have Speed = 0.14 sec /60 deg @ 4,8 V. This will say that H3050 are plus speed of HITEC 65MG to arrive position ( speed give motor inside every servo ).

3° ) H3050 have Tourque = 29 oz- in @ 4.8 V. HITEC 65 MG have Tourque = 25 oz-in @4.8V. This will say that H3050 are plus strong of HITEC 65MG.(Power electric = strong ; Power electric give motor inside every servo)

Yes, the H3050 are plus strong that DS76 because have metal gear ( inside every servo), and are a little speed and strong .

The size and arm are similar to DS76 .
The MAIN FRAME are ALL equal between BLADE 400 3D / BLADE 450 3D / BLADE 450X FOR HOLE of servos ciclo.
You to be quiet
I HOPE THIS HELP YOU FOR CHANGE SERVO.
Thank you aranciata,

As you described, the HITEC 65MG are very good servos and with many good reviews in this forum (which adds to the appeal of these servos). I do believe I will choose the H3050 since, with these, I will not have to modify the servo arms (not that it is a big effort, but I do like to keep things simple).

Once again you have helped me and for this I am thankful.
Old 02-08-2015, 06:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

They work fine. Dont crank down on the ele servo, or it will bind a bit. I just back off one screw. A spacer would probably solve it.
Elmo Te is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2015, 06:32 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmo Te View Post
They work fine. Dont crank down on the ele servo, or it will bind a bit. I just back off one screw. A spacer would probably solve it.
This is good to know.... Thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in