Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 400

Blade 400 Blade Helicopters (eFlite) 400 Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2008, 05:17 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick450 View Post
Sokal, thanks heaps for your vids.

I am a complete and utter and total newbie to RC Heli's.

You answered that the adjustment was mechanical but that it was also possible to do with TX trim.

Please excuse this really really really dumb Q, but am I correct in assuming it is aileron trim you adjust? :o
yes roll axis (aile) to copensate for the tail rotor push
the main has to dip it that direction to copensate
its called
TRANSLATING TENDENCY OR DRIFT
go to this site

will explain alot about helicopter flight CHAPTER 3 mostly
http://www.faa.gov/library/manuals/a...-h-8083-21.pdf
sokal is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2008, 12:15 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default updated 6 may 08

SOKAL"S Blade 400 3d Setup vids

I made these video's to help and share my findings and knowlage ive learned of this RC Helicopter. Im not a pro at video and never will be but iv given it my best attemp.

My videos do not and will not over ride Finless's videos. his videos are very good and full of valuable information. my vids just help relate it to the Blade 400 for the beginer and novice pilots out thier.

Disclaimer. Info provided is based on my experience with the Blade 400
take it as for what its worth but it is at your own risk. ( i promis i will
not lead you wrong, hate to see one not flying).

DX6i
Part 1 , Part 2

Gyro/servo setup
(GY401/3400G) Part 1 , Part 2

BASIC FLIGHT THEORY NEW
HOVER, APPROCHES AND DECELERATIONS , Coordinated Turns, Forward Flight
........more to come tapeing/editing

HEAD SETUP
Part 1 (servos/Swash); Part 2 (Washout/flybar/blades) ........... more come tapeing/editing

TAIL SETUP
Part 1(PULLY/BELT); NEW PART 2a; Part 2b; Part 2c (tailrotor)
Old 05-07-2008, 06:25 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

sokal great vids thanks so much for making them for all of us please keep them comming how long for part 3 on head vid?
clamman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2008, 12:43 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

In cooperation with Sokal, I will be helping with some basic videos. I will be producing a video on how to replace the tail boom, the feathering shaft, and the main shaft. I was hoping to have them done this weekend but after reviewing the videos, they need to be re-done. I hope to have one of them available late today.

Last edited by HeliMix; 05-11-2008 at 09:18 AM.. Reason: update
HeliMix is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2008, 07:10 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Helimix's Repair Videos...

Helimix's Repair Videos
In cooperation with Sokal, I am helping to produce some repair videos for the Blade 400. I am still learning helis too, so technical questions about set up and such should be directed to Sokal or one of the more advanced heli pilots here at HeliFreak. I hope my videos help those that are not so mechanically inclined understand and feel confident about making repairs to their Blade.

So that we can keep this thread short and make answers easy to find, please help us with the following. If you have questions about my videos, or if I left something out, please contact me via a PM. If any advanced heli pilot/wrenches have feedback, please send it to me via a PM as well. If changes or updates are necessary, I will make a note of the discrepancy here until the video is updated.

I hope this helps you have a better experience with your Blade.

NOTICE: These videos reflect my opinions and approach to repair and in no way are a guarantee of success and/or outcome. Following the steps and procedures in my videos is at users own risk and I assume no liability and/or responsibility.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feathering Shaft Repair (3 Parts):
NOTICE: I have pulled these videos at this time due to an error that has been discovered. I will be correcting the problem and re-posting these videos as soon as I can. My apologies for any trouble this may have caused anyone.
Part 1- 9 mins, 52 seconds
Part 2 - 9 mins, 52 seconds
Part 3 - 2 mins, 36 seconds

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Main Shaft Repair:
Part 1 - 9 mins, 47 seconds
Part 2 - 9 mins, 48 seconds
Part 3
- 6 mins, 06 seconds

Tail Boom Repair:
TBA - 0 mins, 00 seconds

Last edited by HeliMix; 05-13-2008 at 06:46 PM.. Reason: update
Old 05-15-2008, 05:07 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I think your videos are great and very imformative. We appreciate your time and effort very much. Since I have rebuilt mine very often I discovered an easy way to start the nut on the bottom bolt. I use a 1/16 allen wrench and stick it in the plastic side of the nut.Then it is very easy to get it started. I hope this helps someone.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00619.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	48146  
newhelliguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2008, 05:20 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well, I actually mention that in one of my vids. I would not suggest doing that. The nylon inside that nut is to ensure it acts as a locking nut. Mis-shape/damage that nylon insert and it will no longer be a locking nut.

More vids coming this weekend.
Old 05-15-2008, 05:37 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliMix View Post
Well, I actually mention that in one of my vids. I would not suggest doing that. The nylon inside that nut is to ensure it acts as a locking nut. Mis-shape/damage that nylon insert and it will no longer be a locking nut.

More vids coming this weekend.

I dont do it myselft BUT I was told once you loosen those nylon nuts you should throw it away and use a new one What is your opinion on that Helimix?
LockMD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2008, 07:02 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockMD View Post
I dont do it myselft BUT I was told once you loosen those nylon nuts you should throw it away and use a new one What is your opinion on that Helimix?
To me it is a matter of feel and also regular inspections (not heli experience, racing experience). If it feels like a nut, it is definately gone. But... It can feel ok and be weak. When I get a strong resistance, I trust it for the time I am expecting to need to count on it. Mine now, I have taken them off so many times for vids, I will be getting new nuts soon, just to be safe. But I would fly with them still, for I know (Edit: make that "I trust they...") they are not going to spin off.

Last edited by HeliMix; 05-15-2008 at 07:04 PM.. Reason: typo/clarification
Old 05-18-2008, 11:18 AM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Helimix's Repair Videos
In cooperation with Sokal, I am helping to produce some repair videos for the Blade 400. I am still learning helis too, so technical questions about set up and such should be directed to Sokal or one of the more advanced heli pilots here at HeliFreak. I hope my videos help those that are not so mechanically inclined understand and feel confident about making repairs to their Blade.

So that we can keep this thread short and make answers easy to find, please help us with the following. If you have questions about my videos, or if I left something out, please contact me via a PM. If any advanced heli pilot/wrenches have feedback, please send it to me via a PM as well. If changes or updates are necessary, I will make a note of the discrepancy here until the video is updated.

NOTICE: These videos reflect my opinions and approach to repair and in no way are a guarantee of success and/or outcome. Following the steps and procedures in my videos is at users own risk and I assume no liability and/or responsibility.

These videos have been updated.
Part 1- 9 mins, 45 seconds
Part 2 - 9 mins, 46 seconds
Part 3 - 4 mins, 50 seconds

Main Shaft Repair:
Part 3
- 6 mins, 06 seconds

Tail Boom Repair:
TBA - 0 mins, 00 seconds

Old 05-21-2008, 12:00 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I put a touch of crazy glue on the nuts (main shaft) after it's tight and it stay's put.
I also cut a 2" piece of a wasted tail boom off then sliced it and slid it over the back of the new tail boom to help avoid dents from blade strikes.
I'm using a trex Canopy with is a little heavyer ,but takes a beatting,and is very easy to put on.
I drilled acouple of holes in my tail fin and put a zip tie around the tail case and have yet to break a fin and I still crash alot but i'm learnin.
Cutting off a wasted fly bar works good for a canopy mount a little dab of hot glue on the body to keep it from sliding out and another to keep the canopy away from the linkage works great just bend it back after crash and the grommets slide right on
schoep is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2008, 09:23 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliMix View Post
Helimix's Repair Videos

These videos have been updated.
Part 1- 9 mins, 45 seconds
Part 2 - 9 mins, 46 seconds
Part 3 - 4 mins, 50 seconds

Main Shaft Repair:
Part 3
- 6 mins, 06 seconds

Tail Boom Repair:
TBA - 0 mins, 00 seconds

Good job on the video(s) Helimix.

Regarding feathering shaft install: I would like to add a couple of comments for the new guys out there. If, by chance, the thrust washer assembly falls to the table it is very important that it goes back together the right way. The two cupped washers that sandwitch the bearings appear to be the same but are not. The inner diameter is slightly different between the two. The one with the largest inside diameter goes on first (closet to the head block). One last tip for the new guys: make sure that the open face of the bearing faces the head block. It is designed to keep the grease in place with centrifugal force.
Redfire SVT is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2008, 10:50 PM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfire SVT View Post
Good job on the video(s) Helimix.

Regarding feathering shaft install: I would like to add a couple of comments for the new guys out there. If, by chance, the thrust washer assembly falls to the table it is very important that it goes back together the right way. The two cupped washers that sandwitch the bearings appear to be the same but are not. The inner diameter is slightly different between the two. The one with the largest inside diameter goes on first (closet to the head block). One last tip for the new guys: make sure that the open face of the bearing faces the head block. It is designed to keep the grease in place with centrifugal force.

But IF you use my flybar to remove the feather shaft tip, NOTHING will or can fall
LockMD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2008, 12:56 AM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default updated May 25th

SOKAL"S Blade 400 3d Setup vids

I made these video's to help and share my findings and knowlage ive learned of this RC Helicopter. Im not a pro at video and never will be but iv given it my best attemp.

My videos do not and will not over ride Finless's videos. his videos are very good and full of valuable information. my vids just help relate it to the Blade 400 for the beginer and novice pilots out thier.

Disclaimer. Info provided is based on my experience with the Blade 400
take it as for what its worth but it is at your own risk. ( i promis i will
not lead you wrong, hate to see one not flying).

DX6i
Part 1 , Part 2

Gyro/servo setup
(GY401/3400G) Part 1 , Part 2

BASIC FLIGHT THEORY NEW
HOVER, APPROCHES AND DECELERATIONS , Coordinated Turns, Forward Flight
........more to come tapeing/editing

TAIL SETUP
Part 1(PULLY/BELT); PART 2a; Part 2b; Part 2c (tailrotor)

DUE TO NEW FINDING I WILL HAVE MY VIDS POSTED TO ANOTHER SITE WITCH PROVIDES HIGHIER QUALITY VIDEO
Old 05-26-2008, 12:34 AM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default requests

if anyone has a request of a maintanace/build/flight let us know and will see how we can accomidate
Old 05-26-2008, 03:32 AM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Thumbs up

Hello all,
first of all I'd like to thank sokal and redfire for all the great contributions. I'd be completely lost without them. I've been flying simulators (mostly RealFlight G3.5-4) for over a year now and got the hang of all the basics and a little 3D. I'm a student and therefore on a tight budget and I think the B400 should be a good start. I'll be getting the bird in a few days and would love to get some tips on what to check and setup before my first flight (I'll read the manual and try to include all the tips you guys wrote/taped of course).

sokal: No special request, but all new videos/tips will be highly appreciated.

Thanks again and best regards from Slovenia, mongo.
mongo56 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2008, 08:09 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default better resolution and downloadable

hmmm

Last edited by sokal; 05-27-2008 at 08:11 PM.. Reason: oioooooops
Old 05-27-2008, 08:11 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default better resolution and downloadable

i have posted all my vids to a new site
in much better quality and can also download the original raw version
http://www.viddler.com/explore/sokal/

not all is up yet but will be
post what you think of the new server

Last edited by sokal; 05-27-2008 at 10:06 PM.. Reason: still uploading
Old 05-31-2008, 01:48 AM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

THANKS S! Very nice job and very helpful!
Slyster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2008, 10:03 AM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Dear Sokal,

First, let me thank you for your service to our country. Second, thank you for the service to us down here in the surreal hobby world of beautiful helis like the B400. It is people like you who really make a difference in this cool hobby.

I have experienced the types who do not want you in "their" sport and purposely tell you crap to discourage you or worse, make you wreck or damage your gear. Then there are the forums where when you ask simple or uneducated questions everyone dog-piles the flames of scorn on you and never answer the question.

I find HeliFreak.com to be mostly nice folk if not down right helpful like yourself and others. Thank you again for everything you and the "real" helifreaks do for us noobs!

jb (aka dizzy)
dizzy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
read first thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in