Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 130X

130X Blade 130X Helicopters Information and Help

Old 04-04-2013, 12:52 AM   #21
DoubleCH
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Have had 17 flights today with my 130X. At one point, I was like just kept feeding it fresh battery so I thought maybe I should try the XF blades again. I still haven't changed back to 10T for the hp08s but since my previous XF blades review my 130X resurrected and it flies better and smoother because of the main gear re-alignment. With the better running 130X the XF blades seem to work better because of the more available power (from less power loss) which means less bogging to drive the big blades. As you may have read, I've been practicing piro flips lately with bullet blades which tame down cyclic response to prevent the bird from wandering around too much. Once I get more comfortable doing piro flips, I try them on my 300X which is much easier simply because of size difference and the stored energy in the main rotor to prevent bogging. Then I switch back to 130X with bullet blades and it's back to constantly aware of requiring very smooth stick control or else the bird will wander around. After back-to-back for 6 packs I thought maybe I should try the XF blades again. Perhaps because this time I'm more in control doing piro flips practice I can feel that the XF blades actually feel more like 300X when practicing piro flips compare to using bullet blades. If you remember, my previous opinion was that bullet blades were still the best for practice because they tame down cyclic response. I feel like the XF blades may actually be better to practice new moves like piro flips because of the fly-big nature. The only problem is that unlike my bullet blades I only have 1 set of XF blades. I don't want to crash them in practice so it's back to bullet blades for practice for now, perhaps until I can find a good source for the XF blades.
Protos stretched: slo-mo capable trainer and super fast at the same time
DoubleCH is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:10 AM   #22
itsmillertime0
Registered Users

I had a blade strike with the XF blades into a metal fence. No damage at all!
Compass Warp 360 - CC ice lite 50, MKS DS92A+, iKon
itsmillertime0 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:42 AM   #23
Boston Bob
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Re: KDE XF Blades review

A aww q
Old 04-04-2013, 11:02 PM   #24
taoY
Registered Users

DoubleCH,
Glad you find the strength of the KDE XF blade. If you go back to the video of your first review. You will notice that the heli flew nicer with KDE blades. Perhaps it's the predictability you are referring to. All the moves with KDE XF blades were on the mark and you never had to "rescue" the heli.

Happy flying
Old 04-05-2013, 04:48 PM   #25
Hydros27
Registered Users

I am going to order some 130X blades from KDE. Shipping is $9.80. Does anybody near Maple Valley, WA want to buy some and spit the shipping cost?
Hydros27 is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:12 PM   #26
itsmillertime0
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydros27 View Post
I am going to order some 130X blades from KDE. Shipping is $9.80. Does anybody near Maple Valley, WA want to buy some and spit the shipping cost?
Tmkarc, Helidirect and many others have them with cheaper shipping.
Compass Warp 360 - CC ice lite 50, MKS DS92A+, iKon
itsmillertime0 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:13 PM   #27
esmoglo
Registered Users

I have two 130Xís one is bone stock the other has quite a few upgrades including the HP08V2 motor. Simply put the KDE blades are the best performing set you can put on your 130X and are worth every penny. I am running a set on each heli I canít say one negative thing about these blades. On the stock heli the shakes are no more just goes to show how a good set of blades can cure allot of issues. All I can say is great job KDE!
Old 04-05-2013, 08:54 PM   #28
Andrew166
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleCH View Post
Have had 17 flights today with my 130X. At one point, I was like just kept feeding it fresh battery so I thought maybe I should try the XF blades again. I still haven't changed back to 10T for the hp08s but since my previous XF blades review my 130X resurrected and it flies better and smoother because of the main gear re-alignment. With the better running 130X the XF blades seem to work better because of the more available power (from less power loss) which means less bogging to drive the big blades. As you may have read, I've been practicing piro flips lately with bullet blades which tame down cyclic response to prevent the bird from wandering around too much. Once I get more comfortable doing piro flips, I try them on my 300X which is much easier simply because of size difference and the stored energy in the main rotor to prevent bogging. Then I switch back to 130X with bullet blades and it's back to constantly aware of requiring very smooth stick control or else the bird will wander around. After back-to-back for 6 packs I thought maybe I should try the XF blades again. Perhaps because this time I'm more in control doing piro flips practice I can feel that the XF blades actually feel more like 300X when practicing piro flips compare to using bullet blades. If you remember, my previous opinion was that bullet blades were still the best for practice because they tame down cyclic response. I feel like the XF blades may actually be better to practice new moves like piro flips because of the fly-big nature. The only problem is that unlike my bullet blades I only have 1 set of XF blades. I don't want to crash them in practice so it's back to bullet blades for practice for now, perhaps until I can find a good source for the XF blades.

Rotoquest.com
Andrew166 is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:55 PM   #29
Andrew166
Registered Users

Rotorquest.com
Old 04-05-2013, 11:57 PM   #30
DoubleCH
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yeah, found that the other day just after I made that post. The only other thing I want from them was a slant 12T 3.5mm pinion for my 450 Pro if I ordered the slant main gear from Miracle-Mart. But since Rotorquest didn't have the pinion when I placed my order at MM I didn't order the slant main gear which means I don't need the slant pinion from Rotorquest. I'll probably wait for when I need more stuff from Rotorquest. Thanks.
Protos stretched: slo-mo capable trainer and super fast at the same time
DoubleCH is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 01:47 PM   #31
Andrew166
Registered Users

just got my KDE and tested them now in the big wind!! flys good so far.
Old 04-06-2013, 02:03 PM   #32
Hydros27
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmillertime0 View Post
Tmkarc, Helidirect and many others have them with cheaper shipping.
I did a google search for them the other day and nothing came up. Thanks for the heads up, I just ordered some from Helidirect.
Old 04-06-2013, 02:04 PM   #33
koi-fish
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydros27 View Post
order from www.tmkarc1hobby.com. I got two sets from them, and shipping was 3.99 total, iirc. Love the things, they make my HP10 130x pop and are much stronger than the kbdd. I kissed a curb with mine once and barely damaged them. Still fly great

"It's not getting any smarter out there, you have to come to grips with stupidity and make it work for you" - Frank Zappa
koi-fish is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:39 PM   #34
Hydros27
Registered Users

Shipping from Helidirect was $1.72.
Old 04-06-2013, 10:25 PM   #35
Gladiator
Registered Users

Default KDE XF Blades review

TnT,

Thanks for the review. I am also running the KDE blades and I really like them.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:25 AM   #36
risaac
Registered Users

Default KDE Direct blades for the 130x

I just put my new KDE Direct blades on and flew it in my driveway. I noticed that the heli seemed more agile. It was quicker and more precise. It was smoother too. I flipped it and seemed to have more control due to the smoother predictable handling. I think it is more efficient too, the battery didnít seem as hot as it usually is after a four minute flight.

Originally I bought them because they looked cool and I needed blades. But when I looked at them I could see there was some nice design going on. Take a hard look at them, you'll see the clean airfoil design. Also, at least my set, was very well balanced. I had a slight vibration in my old set of blades, but the vibration disappeared once I put the KDE blades on.

Thanks KDE - you guys rock!
risaac is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:40 AM   #37
GravityJunkie
Registered Users

My KDE blades were a touch out of balance. No more than any other after market blade I've had(Lynx or KBDD).

I have since switched back out to KBDD. While the KDE fly fine, the black disk (especially the underside) becomes hard to see. I find myself flying the 130X closer to dusk and the orange main blades pop out so much more to aid in lower light flying. Just something to consider for other who are thinking moving to KDE after flying more visible blade colors.
GravityJunkie is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 130X

130X Blade 130X Helicopters Information and Help