Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Lama V3/V4 and Kob

Lama V3/V4 and Kob E-Sky Lama V3 and V4 and Kob

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2009, 06:38 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default which is the best swashplate for V4 lama?

Hi all,

wondering if you had experiences with more than one swashplate, i want the one with the most operational tilt angle, that way i can go to fourth hole on the servo arms
B3master is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2009, 01:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

hi there
i will be honist with you
the cnc is great swash while you are learning and crashing often as it wont seperate like the stock plastic one but once you are a master pilot with only the rare light crash then stick with the stock one..both performe the same(i know advertised otherwise)however i reckon i have clocked up around 2000+ hours of lama flyin time and still fly stock as it workes very well

both swashes have a limited amount of travle.the 4th hole isnt the holy grail of lama flying. either swash will run out of travle long before the stick on your transmitter dose..as mentioned before pushing the stick further than the swash ability to swing will cause servo binding
simple way to see is move the push rod to the outter most hole..now without throttle move the cyclic stick though its full range of motions..you will quickly see the servos are able to swing much more then the swash..typical you see servo horn bending or the swash arms bending under the load from the servo

antony

Last edited by dayshaddow; 09-18-2009 at 10:56 AM..
dayshaddow is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2009, 03:00 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

+1 Antony , Only metal parts needed are Innershaft Top. Eskycnc Top is fine . Anything else just adds weight . Keep this in mind if you have problems .
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=124029
The lil fun one . Walkera 43#b
Rusty63 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2009, 04:29 AM   #4 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thank you Antony and Rusty.

I have gone through that thread before when i notice the small pitch on one side of my swashplate im ready for it .

about the stock swash i belive I have previously heard it from u both that the best swashplate is the stock one, just seems to slipped my mind, and that it does have the most travel. I guess i can forget about 4th hole im not even gonna try i think with the 3rd im extremly near my stock swash limit.

im now just wondering if the metal ones (compared to each other) have different or similar travel, i did only order extended inner shaft and xtreme blades and 20mm shorter flybar, i know the rest is bling. but sooner or later the play within the blade holders has to go and i will need metal blade holders which will raise the CG and to make up for it will need the indestructable heavier landing gear as well as the metal swash, i hate to ADD weight, i would rather shift weight arround. but all these are adding weight, even the extreme blades, But least they make up for their own weight with the added pitch angle.

With the shorter flybar and extra weight on top (and after im forced into getting the metal blade grips).... im worrying already.... the thing gonna be very twichy
Old 09-18-2009, 10:54 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

hi ya
lets start with the skids

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AFC-system-Lan...3286.m63.l1177

these wont break easily but are desighned to work with the extreme canopy..but i just used some small sizzors and cut a small section out of the canopy on both side to allow the canopy to be mounted..you will also need to make some new holes for the screws in the canopy as the origional ones will now sit a bit to high and the lower lades will clip the canopy when you start to spin her up

the metal blade grips well if you really feel the need then only use the extreme blade grips and not the ebay cnc ones as they are faulty
the grips when assembled are not square the ball joints can also freely move up and will ruin your helis stability

oh and as for raising the cog its a bad idea and will make it even easier for you to death roll you lama in a sudden turn/manover

cheers
oh and hi rusty hows it going

antony

hope this helps
antony

Last edited by dayshaddow; 09-18-2009 at 10:55 AM.. Reason: not telling
dayshaddow is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2009, 10:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by B3master View Post
Thank you Antony and Rusty.

I have gone through that thread before when i notice the small pitch on one side of my swashplate im ready for it .

about the stock swash i belive I have previously heard it from u both that the best swashplate is the stock one, just seems to slipped my mind, and that it does have the most travel. I guess i can forget about 4th hole im not even gonna try i think with the 3rd im extremly near my stock swash limit.

im now just wondering if the metal ones (compared to each other) have different or similar travel, i did only order extended inner shaft and xtreme blades and 20mm shorter flybar, i know the rest is bling. but sooner or later the play within the blade holders has to go and i will need metal blade holders which will raise the CG and to make up for it will need the indestructable heavier landing gear as well as the metal swash, i hate to ADD weight, i would rather shift weight arround. but all these are adding weight, even the extreme blades, But least they make up for their own weight with the added pitch angle.

With the shorter flybar and extra weight on top (and after im forced into getting the metal blade grips).... im worrying already.... the thing gonna be very twichy
There are 2 different types of CNC swash plates. The most common one is a direct replacement for the stock plastic one.

The other type is the eXtreme brand. It has longer, higher control arms and requires a longer control linkage between the servo arm and the swash.

I have flown both types, and there is no difference in flight between either of the CNC types or the stock plastic one.

The CNC parts are fun to putz with and for adding a little bling, but with the exception of the extended shaft, they don't make the heli fly any better.
mnwizard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2009, 09:29 AM   #7 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayshaddow View Post
the metal blade grips well if you really feel the need then only use the extreme blade grips and not the ebay cnc ones as they are faulty
the grips when assembled are not square the ball joints can also freely move up and will ruin your helis stability

oh and as for raising the cog its a bad idea and will make it even easier for you to death roll you lama in a sudden turn/manover
antony

Howdy Antony,
I notice lots of play in the stock blade grips, hence i thought sooner or later i will be forced to upgrade to metalic grips like the xtreme ones, but the result with that upgrade that i fear is a higher COG, i didnt want to purposly raise the cog, im just mentioning its a bad side effect and hence to counter it i will need heavier landing skids.

i think ill be holding off the cnc swash unless it indeed comes apart, then i will fix it as spare and replace it with Esky cnc one, i thought there was an advantage with the xtreme one the esky cnc is available localy $12 i dont need to pay shipping or anything
Old 09-19-2009, 10:25 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Flying near Stock is Best . Ive had my v4 two/half years . Only mods is Harder , blades . Esky cnc innershaft . Ive glued swashplate once . I do Fly Heli very hard . But as i said if you know/ think you are about to crash . Let throttle go . No / or little damage . More metal bits means Damage looking for next weak point . Its your money as mn wizard said wont make Heli Fly any better
ps.. With sloppy Blade holders are you sure its the Bladeholders . Could be the hub sets that hold them .
The lil fun one . Walkera 43#b
Rusty63 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in