Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Esmart

Esmart E-Sky Esmart

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2008, 10:21 PM   #1 (permalink)

My HF Map location
Default Blades

Good Blades for the Esmart, what you guys running?

I ordered some Curtis Youngbloods but wont put them on just yet... looking for right size Align Glass Fiber blades (not carbon) that will fit.

Link me up someone
DierWolf is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2008, 10:28 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DierWolf View Post
Good Blades for the Esmart, what you guys running?

I ordered some Curtis Youngbloods but wont put them on just yet... looking for right size Align Glass Fiber blades (not carbon) that will fit.

Link me up someone

I'll hook you up if you tell me about a mod to stop my belt from rubbing the boom
LockMD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2008, 12:27 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

So far I'm liking the TIG Z-weave 550's I ordered from hobby City. It is almost as stiff as my V blades.I also like the MSComposit 600 3D blades that is on my trex 600 right now(I'm keeping my V's for later use). I also have the rotortech 550's on another trex 600 and they are performers. The best bang for the buck are the TIG's so far.
damyxz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2008, 01:12 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm still running the mavrick 550 carbons. Nice balance and they auto well. They also give good pop for the budget minded. $60...Delivered.
Helipro Blackhawk full metal swash&head carbon mains&boom
Helipro Blackhawk bone stock carbon mains.
Belt CP bone stock.
thunderhead is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2008, 07:37 AM   #5 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockMD View Post
I'll hook you up if you tell me about a mod to stop my belt from rubbing the boom
Lock, really, as my parts came in yesterday i specifically re-ordered the stock plastic one as well to check it out for you even though i had already also ordered the cnc.

I put it on and really there the belt was absolutely not touching anywhere on the boom not at the transmission box or at the tailbox.

If you can take some close up pics of exactly where it is hitting i maybe able to simulate it on mine and find out why yours is hitting.

Also which boom are you using? i am using the 608 Esmart Boom
Old 06-11-2008, 07:40 AM   #6 (permalink)

My HF Map location

I will be steering clear of Hobby City... they practically steal what you pay them for storage on backorder items. So if its not in stock i certainly wount be ordering it from them.

I will check these out that you all suggested, i know of the Mavericks already, lemme check what these TIG Z-weave 550's are made of and spend me some more money.

I must say though, the esky woodies that come with the Esmart certainly are much much better than the woodies they send with the Belt CP.
Old 06-11-2008, 07:42 AM   #7 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Ok found the Tigs, really dont want carbon fiber blades, I'll pay more for Youngbloods if i want carbon fiber

really looking for Glass fiber type... they can take a licking and wount break and still continue to track properly.
Old 06-11-2008, 08:34 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Lock, really, as my parts came in yesterday i specifically re-ordered the stock plastic one as well to check it out for you even though i had already also ordered the cnc.

I put it on and really there the belt was absolutely not touching anywhere on the boom not at the transmission box or at the tailbox.

If you can take some close up pics of exactly where it is hitting i maybe able to simulate it on mine and find out why yours is hitting.

Also which boom are you using? i am using the 608 Esmart Boom

Okay here are some pics.....not too clear but the 2 specs you can see are actually plastic fragments from the boom where the belt is rubbing. I clean them off, fly and they are back again. HELP! Oh and the boom is stock
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	600BELTRUB1.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	51043   Click image for larger version

Name:	600BELTRUB2.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	51044  
Old 06-11-2008, 11:16 AM   #9 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Hmmmm Thats Odd... i had a good 2mm space between the belt and that curved spot. only thing that could be is either your pully on the tail shaft is larger than mine or your casing is from a differnt mold than mine and smaller in diameter after the boom connection section ... If you have calipers measure dia. of your tail pully and i will see what i have.

Its really a good thing that the belt is moving away from that sharp edge... I would ask you to knotch it out but the plastic tailbox is already so damn fragile i wouldnt dare ask you to do that.

Its obviously a manufacturing problem while molding as mine belt doesnt come close to touching on either side top or bottom...

If i were you i'd visit bphobbies an pick up the cnc tailbox, its pretty cheap, coz sooner or later with or without that belt rubbing the plastic housing will screw you properly and will end up costing you more to fix the heli because of it.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:29 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:

If i were you i'd visit bphobbies an pick up the cnc tailbox, its pretty cheap, coz sooner or later with or without that belt rubbing the plastic housing will screw you properly and will end up costing you more to fix the heli because of it.

Do you think that will fix it?

Bob V. on RCG said his did the same thing and he just kept it lubed with tri-flow and now seems okay yeah the belt is making its own channel....LOL.

edit: is this the one you are talking about? http://www.bphobbies.com/view.asp?id...NESK7234&img=l
Old 06-11-2008, 03:00 PM   #11 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Yep thats it
Old 06-11-2008, 03:06 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Yep thats it

to install did you have to remove the whole boom and loosen the tension on the belt from there or is there a way to just swap the tail box without removing the boom?
Old 06-11-2008, 03:47 PM   #13 (permalink)

My HF Map location

You can do it without removing the entire boom...

simply loosen the tailbox cage, and take it apart.

if you need a lil extra sumpin sumpin for belt space simply loosen the big nut at the beginning of the tail boom and there is 2 small grub screws in the middle, just loosen a little bit and push the boom down a bit more.

but you should be able to slide on the new cnc block on the boom and assemble it as you go, the way my boom was left suffieient slack with the new cnc box to just get the belt over the pully, after that i put on the left side of the tailbox pulled the entire tailbox about 2mm back and belt was tight and tightened it down right there.

Make sure loc-tite everything please...
Old 06-11-2008, 05:18 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
if you need a lil extra sumpin sumpin for belt space simply loosen the big nut at the beginning of the tail boom and there is 2 small grub screws in the middle, just loosen a little bit and push the boom down a bit more.
Could that be part of my problem, when I went to tighten up the belt I took the boom out loosened the big nut and pried out and retightened without loosening the 2 grub screws (didnt see what the were doing)?
Old 06-12-2008, 10:50 AM   #15 (permalink)

My HF Map location

They are simply small set screws to hold the boom in position until you tighten the main screw, also stops it from rotating if the large screw happens to be loose i guess. So if you didnt loosen them yes would be hard to pull it out even with the large screw undone..

Only thing i can think of is to try and slide the tailbox more onto the shaft and take up the slack from the other end at the gearbox.. but i know know if the tailbox has 2 nubs on it that it can only set where the 2 holes are at the end of the boom.

another solution so it stops rubbing against that area is to heat the plastic a bit at that point and form out more outwards, thereby not weakening the structure but still allowing clearance.

Something like the below

Old 06-12-2008, 01:38 PM   #16 (permalink)

well I messed with it some more last night, will have to double check tonight but I might have got some clearance.....not much if any.
Old 06-12-2008, 02:03 PM   #17 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Alright Hobbycity is pissing me the hell off now.

3 days ago i decided to screw the batteries which will never ocme and just change the order and pick me up a nice lil RTF P-51D... they confirmed one was in reserve for me and the extra charges was paid (ja coz they stole my first shipping money).

Going to check today, Order is still in Processing and when i click on the product ITS NO LONGER EVEN LISTED ON THE SITE!!! all they ahve now is the regular ARF P-51D...

WTF!!! are they now going to tell me they dont carry it anymore (after i have a confirmation email that they recieved the money and warehouse was preparing my stuff and they had 29 in stock at the time according to the site?) Theres gonna be hell to pay if i get an email like that.

Truely i havent had this much problems from a vendor before in my life, not even from individuals on Ebay. and thats pretty damn bad.

And please can someone confirm that their online chat does nto work anymore as well (go under Support then Live Email Chat)

Sorry for venting But someone had to hear it LOLOL
Old 10-08-2008, 11:14 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Thumbs down Hobby City - WTF ??? Tell us about them ! :-(

Quote:
Alright Hobbycity is pissing me the hell off now.

3 days ago i decided to screw the batteries which will never come and just change the order and pick me up a nice lil RTF P-51D... they confirmed one was in reserve for me and the extra charges was paid (ja coz they stole my first shipping money).

Going to check today, Order is still in Processing and when i click on the product ITS NO LONGER EVEN LISTED ON THE SITE!!! all they have now is the regular ARF P-51D...

WTF!!! are they now going to tell me they don't carry it anymore (after i have a confirmation email that they received the money and warehouse was preparing my stuff and they had 29 in stock at the time according to the site?) There's gonna be hell to pay if i get an email like that.

Truly i haven't had this much problems from a vendor before in my life, not even from individuals on Ebay. and that's pretty damn bad.

And please can someone confirm that their online chat does nto work anymore as well (go under Support then Live Email Chat)

Sorry for venting But someone had to hear it LOLOL
Hi Wolfie,

don't worry your not the only one whose copped that sort of treatment from them :-(

I just got kicked off / totally blocked from their website after last night, - all because I had just a little bit of a b*tch about the lack of service and attitude of staff to customers in some LHS here is Oz. I didn't even mention any shop names either ! Must have upset someone though - not that I could give a damn about that with the attitudes some of them show to their customers. :-P

WAS going to HobbyCity to order a pair of ' RHINO ' 11.1V 4900mAh 20C LiPo packs from them for my E-Smart. The price was / is really good. Not going to order anything at all from them now.

Will a pair of 11.1V 20C LiPo packs fly an E-Smart with enough 'grunt' ? - No 3D stuff - just general flying around.
I honestly don't know, - up until recently I was messing about with 4 separate LiPo packs of 11.1V 2200mAh 30C each, all hooked up in series and parallel to give me 22.2V at 4400mAh with 30C .
All of needed wiring came far too close to the bottom end of the main shaft so I gave the idea away.

Those pack where extra cheap - about US $ 8 - 10 each on Ebay from an on-line shop in HongKong. Now got extra packs for my Belt CP :-)

Just been looking at the prices of 11.1V packs that have a high mAh capacity (over 4200mAh) as well as a 25C or better rating - - - the prices ! ! ! OUCH !
Is it worth spending the extra $$$ to go up from 20C to 25C (plus) for powering an E-Smart ???

I was thinking if I should risk my $$$ with all the bad reports I'd read on the HobbyCity site. Not any more !
Same as your complaint - items listed as 'in stock' then replaced with something else that isn't what a customer wants and costs more as well, items missing in the post - never resolved. - stock on hand - then not when ordered and paid for - lack of any reply to emails asking what was happening or where orders went to, customer's money - GONE - no refunds ! - REALLY SUX !!

Some customers swear by HobbyCity for service - other just swear at them ! :-D

Take care,
Flip465
Flip465 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2008, 11:36 AM   #19 (permalink)

Yeah Flip, they will work. I use 2 11.1 5000mah 20C and can get a max of 8 mins with them.....although I have my timer set for 6 mins to play it safe.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:33 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Thumbs up 20C LiPo packs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockMD View Post
Yeah Flip, they will work. I use 2 11.1 5000mah 20C and can get a max of 8 mins with them.....although I have my timer set for 6 mins to play it safe.
Hi 'LockMD',

Thanks for the information. :-)

Go looking for a reasonably priced pair of 20C large mAh capacity packs then :-)

Not going to risk my $$$ with HobbyCity ! Not after what I've been reading about them from 'DierWolf', and a lot of others - and also what happened to me last night ! BL**DY CENSORSHIP !

Pity about that - a pair of RHINO brand 11.1V 4900mAh 20C packs came out to less than the cost of 1 of the 'more popular' brand names.

With the value of the Oz $ today against the US $ - I'm in no great hurry to order new battery packs for a little while just yet.
Should have brought a pair of 'OUTRAGE' or 'THUNDER POWER', something like that, a couple of weeks ago when the exchange rate was over 96 cents Oz against the US $ - today its only 67 cent against the greenback ! Damn near a 30% drop - that hurts the wallet too much right now.

After 1:30am here now - time for bed - THANK YOU aging for the information about those 20C packs. :-)

Take care,
Flip465
Flip465 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in