Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > YGE

YGE YGE ESC Support and Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2012, 10:39 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Everything sounds right on...
Start with the default values, but seriously, do the reset gov thing, there's all kinds of other parameters in there that could have become corrupted.
Too low a gov gain and it won't hold the tail and you get some kicks, like not enough tail authority and the headspeed will drop a bit.
Is your wag while your just in a hover?
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2012, 11:07 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

it wags more in hover than with the gov off but in ff i can see a slow wag even when doing a stall turn. i can see like it is chasing sometimes even while i'm move the tail 180 slow at the top. biggest is fff or ff into a good head wind it has a visual and audible wag. and if i go from hover to a hard collective climb it kicks out when i drop the tail gain to help with wag and prob the worst behavior or tied with the fff wag/chatter is if the heli is in a free fall or negative collective drop the moment i hit the collective to hold or climb out it gets a wiggle kind of move. faster than a wag but not the super fast flutter like from a overly high gov gain. it just seems to contradict itself on some of its actions. acts like too high of a tail gain but at the same time wants to have hold issues with it. i don't know if there is something else going on with the heli that turning the gov off only mask it because the heli bogs more and doesn't have the power it does with the gov on. i went from the slow 3.8? tail ratio to the 4.5 so the tail should have plenty of authority. i'm running edge 86 tail blades and i'm scared of a blade strike with the 553 blades if i run the 92's. if i do a reset do you think i can trust the motor off and max values and just plug them back in? i have little kids that are scared of heli so i would like to avoid doing a full power run indoors to set the max value.
shein95 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2012, 05:39 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sounds like there's something else going on there to be honest.
But you can try the reset gov and enter the same values for the low and high, they were the same for me when I reset mine.
I used the Align 90 blades with the 550's on my 550 last year and it was fine, but I was never even close to having a blow out, lots of authority. Then again I never tried the new ratio gears, I stuck with the originals.

The default values for the collective and cyclic add as well as the gov gain should be a good starting point.
Old 06-16-2012, 07:46 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Will try the reset and play with a few settings on it and tail but guess I should start thinking about trying a new tail servo if it can't be adjusted out. I want to test the tail for binding with mains off and tails on to see if it binds under load but don't have anyone to help hold the heli still while its running. I had a hard time getting the resolution right during set up so might have to revisit that.
Old 06-16-2012, 09:40 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, that sucked. Soon as I hit the reset button the heli spooked on the bench. Never had that happen, so one striped set of front umbrellas and a smashed laptop screen. Sweet. No flying this weekend. Guess I can put the old ones back on and go back to stock ratio but off to best buy to get new screen. Glad I got the service contract.
Old 06-16-2012, 01:17 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well looks like my captain dumb ass moment wasnt too bad on the heli, tail strike took out the front gear but I still had the v2 gears so its back together minus the head/main gear being on. Have to go to work to finish the governor reset but my flying will be limited since I'm going to have to run the tail optimizing again. I'm starting to think my tail servo is possibly the cause, I noticed with fast full travel movements it makes a squeek noise but see if she behaves with the slower tail speed. Is it ok to do some normal flying when the optimize is turned on or should I only do piros with hard stops?
Old 06-17-2012, 04:01 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well snemi, think I found the something else. Took her up on some optimize flights and noticed that the piros were pretty random in speed but on last flight could see them getting slower and slower and after I landed I went to manual move the linkage and moved ok, on course no load which I will check when I get a helper, but the tail servo was super hot, hotter than the heli motor so I think she's on the way out. Better ground her before it fails in flight.
Old 06-17-2012, 05:48 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's good and bad news at the same time I guess.
Sorry to hear about the damage on the bench spool up.
DS620 that went bad? They should really just include the 650 on that machine for the little extra it costs.
Old 06-17-2012, 05:56 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah, it was the 620. And of course the 650 and bls256hv are out of stock at my normal place. Some of the mks models and the new align hv model are in stock.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in