Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > 4#6

4#6 Walkera 4#6 Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2010, 12:42 PM   #141 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

is that how the guide pins (tuning fork looking thing) looked from the box? bent up towards the swash??
1 Corinthians 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
AtTheCross is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2010, 12:58 PM   #142 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheCross View Post
is that how the guide pins (tuning fork looking thing) looked from the box? bent up towards the swash??
no. i had to bend them up, or the rods would not move, or aren't the rods supposed to move? they do on my cb100 anyway. they were straight out new.
cx2, mcx, T Rex 450 SA, GAUI 550, walkera cb100, 4#6, 4#6S, 4g6S, trex 450 clone, V911/FP100, DX7, DX8
never hold your farts in. they travel up your spine, and that's where s****y ideas come from.
shaggybirdman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2010, 01:02 PM   #143 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

something's not right, yeah, bend them back straight
1 Corinthians 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
Old 05-06-2010, 01:13 PM   #144 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
something's not right, yeah, bend them back straight
ok but my cb100 has the same head, and when you tilt the flybar..... hmmmmmm. i'll put them back straight.
cx2, mcx, T Rex 450 SA, GAUI 550, walkera cb100, 4#6, 4#6S, 4g6S, trex 450 clone, V911/FP100, DX7, DX8
never hold your farts in. they travel up your spine, and that's where s****y ideas come from.
shaggybirdman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2010, 02:13 PM   #145 (permalink)
Registered Users

Anyone tried this motor?
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=10577
Naterpin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2010, 11:31 PM   #146 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ever since I switched out my stock rx with the new 4#6s rx with 3-axis gyro I haven't been able to get my 4#6 set up properly. It's not nearly as stable as it used to be, which is the exact opposite of what I was going for!!! After many adjustments and following vids on how to set up fp helicopters it's still pretty erratic. Banks hard right and back at all times, so I'm constantly up and to the left on the cyclic. On top of that, the longer I'm in the air the more uneven the swash plate gets, regardless of how nice and level it is when I start out.

Does anyone have any ideas of what's going on here?? I'm getting VERY frustrated and am wondering if it's the new rx. Thinking about going back to the original 4#6 rx. Thoughts?
s.elliott is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2010, 12:13 AM   #147 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

ok, turn all your pots EXCEPT rud and ail/ele pots max +.

my understanding is that this rx is very sensitive to voltage variations. If you don't have deans, switch to the micro deans. You also need to run a quality 20c or better battery

Here's my story, had two 4#6's already (they're different) bought another one used from a guy that put the 3 axis gyro on and could not get the heli to hover (from what I remember, he couldn't hover it stock either)

When I got it, made a few minor adjustments and it flew (offered to give it back to him just refund me my money, he declined stayed with his mSR)

noticed that the heli was unstable after a of flying and it needed trimming, A LOT of trimming.

switched to micro deans and used my 'hotter' 20c batteries on it and all is good.

I then took my TechHead off one of my original 4#6's and put it on this and this is now ONE BAD BOY!!!!

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THESE MODS:
1. MICRO DEANS
2. 3 AXIS GYRO
3. TECHHEAD

you'll love this heli!!!!

check clubheli.com for the tech head
Old 05-18-2010, 10:10 AM   #148 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the response. I'm dying to get this thing flying good again. I'll make the suggested pot adjustments later on today and give it a try. As far of the batteries, I have 4 or 5 of the stock batteries so switching those out would probably not happen right away. Regarding the head, I have a follow up question. I can see the techhead you recommended and have also seen an alternative head available on chinesejade, which is similar to the cb100 head. What can you tell me about the difference between the two designs, e.g., flight characteristics/capabilities, stability, etc.

From what I can read the TechHead improves stability and maintains excellent flight characteristics, including fast flight. I can't find too much info on the other alternative rotor head from chinesejade. I still want to progress with forward flight so if that head will take me backwards towards coax flight characteristics than I want to stay away.

Thanks for the help!

TechHead from ClubHeli:
http://www.clubheli.com/TechHead-for...ER_p_2530.html

Rotor Head from ChineseJade (bottom of page):
http://www.chinesejade.com/walkera4_6.htm
Old 05-18-2010, 11:03 AM   #149 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

i've never flown the walkera 45* head, but from reading this forum and others, there seems to be an issue with fff and rolling.

if you're not at fff yet, i'd stick with stock and really get a hang for the 'anticipation' that is required to fly the walkera 90* fp heli's. It will help you in the long run. the anticipation thing is due to the fact that there is a lag between stick movement and cyclic response. but once you got it down, then move to the modded techhead and you'll have a blast, there will be a very slight learning curve because of the instant response, but you will be able to pick up pretty quick. Some may disagree with me on staying stock because of the lag, however, in my opinion if you (anyone) does not have a good foundation then the instant response and INCREASED sensitivity of the techhead is going to lead to a lot more crashes and more repairs
Old 05-18-2010, 03:28 PM   #150 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:

my understanding is that this rx is very sensitive to voltage variations. If you don't have deans, switch to the micro deans. You also need to run a quality 20c or better battery

Here's my story, had two 4#6's already (they're different) bought another one used from a guy that put the 3 axis gyro on and could not get the heli to hover (from what I remember, he couldn't hover it stock either)

When I got it, made a few minor adjustments and it flew (offered to give it back to him just refund me my money, he declined stayed with his mSR)

noticed that the heli was unstable after a of flying and it needed trimming, A LOT of trimming.

switched to micro deans and used my 'hotter' 20c batteries on it and all is good.

I then took my TechHead off one of my original 4#6's and put it on this and this is now ONE BAD BOY!!!!

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THESE MODS:
1. MICRO DEANS
2. 3 AXIS GYRO
3. TECHHEAD

you'll love this heli!!!!

check clubheli.com for the tech head

How bout some video of the BAD BOY?!?!?!
TwinTurbo95 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2010, 03:34 PM   #151 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Could you clarify that statement? When I read it again I realized I'm not exactly clear on the settings your suggesting for each.

Thanks,
Old 05-18-2010, 03:48 PM   #152 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

can't remember all the pot names (no jokes now) but I know there's a rudder pot and an ail/elve ext pot, don't mess with those yet. all the other pots turn fully towards the '+' symblol
Old 05-18-2010, 03:48 PM   #153 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinTurbo95 View Post
How bout some video of the BAD BOY?!?!?!
ok, will see if my wife will shoot the video of me. the only thing is that when she watches me, i crash :o
Old 05-18-2010, 03:54 PM   #154 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
can't remember all the pot names (no jokes now) but I know there's a rudder pot and an ail/elve ext pot, don't mess with those yet. all the other pots turn fully towards the '+' symblol
Got it...thanks! I'll give that a shot after work and see how if it helps. I also looked into the techhead kit from clubheli and will probably go for that, rather than try to buy all the necessary components separately.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in