Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > New Member Section

New Member Section If you are new to HF, please tell us a little bit about yourself. What Helis do you fly? You will find our community very friendly, why not break the ice and introduce yourself.

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2011, 08:11 AM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Hummmm. What to buy?

i've owned a small battery operated Helicopters for about a week. i bought a small unit to see if i would keep the interest. I like the challange so i need a real one. I guess i need to decide whether it will be battery or gas or both (one of each). i don't want to out grow whatever i buy quickly and price is not a limiting factor.

i live is a somewhat open area to be able to fly although it's a little windy most of the time.

Does someone have suggestions for me?

thanks...
rosswilliamson is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2011, 11:45 AM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi all. I'm new to this site. My helis fly in Northern NJ.
Have been flying RC on & off. I have lots of models,
scale, pod & boom, electric, gas, turbine.

Fixed wing and rotor craft.

Too many hobbies and not enough time.

Looking forward to get/give info.

Regards,
Ed
evn137 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2011, 06:32 AM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi there !! I am from Kempton Park , South Africa. Also new in this hobby, about 2 months since i got my first co-axial, but enjoying it very much after i saw my brother with a few helis. Already sitting with 5 of them now Have 2 kds 450, a Nine Eagles 328 solo pro, and then just got a MA Furion 6 fbl last week. Still very scared of the Furion, but will just keep on learning. Nice to see so many heli addicts out there
Clinton1 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2011, 04:22 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Greetings f'um Zummerset,

Hi,
I'm a complete newbie to helis, but have been flying fixed wing for 37 years and neededd a new challenge. Started a couple of months ago with a Blade 120 SR, and am really enjoyiong throwing it around already. Just now bought a HK 250 GT which is assembled and run up, but still needs setting up properly before attempting to fly it. I don't propose to go bigger than the 250 just yet, but who knows, and will more than likely stay with electric helis and multiple fixed wing types.
Normally fly from a disused WW2 airfield (1/2 mile of lovely flat tarmac) in the wilds of Somerset (SW UK). I'm using a Spektrum DX6i tx for the helis, and Royal Evo 9 for fixed wing, both on 2.4 gHz.
I'll be checking the threads to see how my set up is or should be progressing, so it's hi f'um way down by y'ere in Zummerzet til I see 'ee again.
Cheers, me dears

Rosso69
rosso69 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2011, 01:54 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Hello From Clemmons, NC

Been Flying. Several years
Have a new Blade msr-x under the tree
Flown Falcon 40
Butchr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2011, 06:00 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default NW.England, mSRx,balancing robot.

Hello, micro heli's 3 years ago were awful, £30 and it span and crashed, saw some co-axial 2 months ago and it was much more stable , bought a
syma , 1 week,
blade combat pair, 4CH co-axial, ...
mCPx which I had no chance with, ...
mSR , flying this indoors got me as far as flying the mCPx outside.

Today, mSRx. wow this is fantastic, so what i need to know now is how to make the long throw servos cover their maximum travel. It feels like a small bird, like a robin, I was dive bombing my son with xmas apple baubels off the skids while he shot his car missles at me , and 90% of the time i didn't crash when shot. Ive crashed it 20 times today, day 1 and nothing is broken.
And i made a balancing earwig robot with gyros and accel which is also why i think this new technology is so cool. I love it.
beautifulsmall is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2011, 11:21 AM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default New from Portland, oregon

Hey The names tyler. Love the site. So i picked up this mental illness from one of my buddys that couldnt fly his blade sr so i bought it off him for dirt cheap. Couple hundred in replacement parts and now i know how to fly lol.
Tyharp21 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2011, 09:21 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default hello

hi . iam newbie from aceh.. not permit me to join in helifreak, because I am a beginner looking to learn about the heli ... My heli pro tarot 450
alibaba is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2011, 07:39 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Hello from Lafayette, LA

Hello. I'm a new HeliFreak subscriber. I live in Lafayette, LA.

I currently have a Blade mSR and mCPX. I'm looking forward to upgrading to an Align T-Rex sometime in the future.

cheers,
Scott.
smd3729 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2012, 10:57 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

hello i am from ardmore oklahoma looking for some help with my trex
dizzyd0734 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2012, 08:10 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Smile So how do I add myself to the HF locator?

Could not find an option User CP. Malte
Slartibartfass is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2012, 11:04 PM   #72 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slartibartfass View Post
Could not find an option User CP. Malte
Go to the HF Locator page (on the main page, left side, about 2/3 of the way down the page). Click that link and then you should see a "Your entry" link where you can enter the information. I may not be 100% correct on that; I'd have to delete and re-add my entry to make sure.
Graupner MZ-32

Experience is something you gain only after you need it.
I wouldn't mind social media so much if it didn't involve people.
TheBum is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2012, 06:37 AM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

No "your entry link" visible. Thx for responding. Malte
Slartibartfass is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2012, 12:39 AM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Hi all from frosty Manitoba Canada

Hi all Im new to this site and new to the Heli Hobby. I have found alot of great information already by just kicking around and reading a few of the threads. For Christmas I bought myself the new Blade mSR X along with Spektrum DX8 radio. It has been a bit of a learning curve but very enjoyable from my first hover to my numerous crashes.

Was wondering if someone could help me with rudder and aileron mixes.

Thanks
ehawthor is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2012, 02:11 PM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile New to the RC helio's

Just purchased a MCPX2 RTF over the lunch hour today 1/17/2012 at the local hobby shop, total was $235.66 including tax. I believe I have done my home work on this mini helo and I can’t wait to fly this baby when I get home. I have one of those $8 dollar, Chinese dual blade helo’s that got me hooked however, I beat that thing to death in no time plus you can’t find parts for them either. I’m looking forward to this new experience and just want to say hi to all the owners of the MCPX’s and looking forward to future dialogs and tech tips.
mndudester is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2012, 03:28 PM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default I'm new from Athens, Ga

I'm new to rc helicopters and I'd like to learn as much as I can from everyone.
Sho-Nuff is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2012, 08:55 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Newby from GB

Hey guy's, i'm a newby from oversea's, recomended to this site by one of my friends whose picked up a lot of good advice from you all!! Basically I have a trex 500 which I am building up at the moment, I'm interested in putting an Airwolf fuse on it and love the look of the Fun-key unit, Does anyone know if a 30 size fuse will fit a trex500, Ive searched almost everwhere and casn't get a straight answer!!
Hammy1288 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2012, 10:05 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default New Member - Vermont

New member to the forum, thanks to all for great information and insight into what is a really fun hobby so far!

I started about 18 months ago with an Esky Belt CPV2. My son and I upgraded it flew (hovered) it and got pretty frustrated with how nervous I was trying not to crash this. So far, no catastrophe's but hovering isn't really exciting. I thought smaller would be better so then purchased a used Novus CP. Really like this but it is really twitchy even when the rates are backed off more than half. Can only hover well with ALOT of practice and can do some FF flight with lots of turf.

Just unboxed my MCPx V2 today...what a breath of fresh air! I know I'm being a stubborn noob trying to learn on a CP but this technology is awesome! Charged two batteries in under and hour and was hovering, pirouetting and shuttling back and forth around my warehouse with NO worries. This product is great!

I hope to contribute over time but will likely ask one million questions first. I'm already thinking about the parts I want to make for this little beast.

Bryan
vtcnc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2012, 04:55 PM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

Seems like only half the posts actually do this...
steubens is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2012, 07:54 AM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Where is HF Locator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBum View Post
Add yourself to the HF Locator. Nothing says you have to put the pin where your dwelling is, but as long as it's in the right vicinity, it'll be of help.
I may be slow but I have looked and cannot find "HF Locator". Can you point me in the right location.
Papa Tom is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in