Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > Blade Multirotor Support > 180QX

180QX Blade 180QX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2014, 11:25 AM   #101 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelight View Post
Returned mine due to the camera not working, it wouldn't hold a charge. Horizon said replacement units won't be available till September.
I wonder if that is because nearly every post i read is about someone having had a replacement camera ?
davethepitch is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2014, 08:52 PM   #102 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Same bs

So another here experiencing the same shut off issues. Tried a 4gb class 2 had the shut off issue, got a 4g class 4 Sandisk, tried formatting every which way and continue with the shut off issue basically just as bad as a class 2. Seems some folks have had better luck with the 16gb class 4, and I may try that, but if it doesn't work I'm not sure what else to do besides request a replacement, but not sure what good that will do when all they do is send another pos. Wish I would have read this post before I bought this! Live and learn.
jethro102677 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2014, 06:27 AM   #103 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethro102677 View Post
So another here experiencing the same shut off issues. Tried a 4gb class 2 had the shut off issue, got a 4g class 4 Sandisk, tried formatting every which way and continue with the shut off issue basically just as bad as a class 2. Seems some folks have had better luck with the 16gb class 4, and I may try that, but if it doesn't work I'm not sure what else to do besides request a replacement, but not sure what good that will do when all they do is send another pos. Wish I would have read this post before I bought this! Live and learn.
If you really are into the aerial photog, get the keychain #16 and forget this pos unless you want to wait until the end of Sep. and here we go again
Old 08-11-2014, 03:01 PM   #104 (permalink)
Registered Users

EFC 721 Camera; Same problem. 1) Re3formatting seems to be a good start.
Locally, I can get both photos and video. Remotely, I can take Pics but can't get into Video mode.
The charging LED never goes to blue, the battery seems to be charged.
Make sure the shiny leads are visible on both ends of your connector cable.
Mine wasn't connected ... had to fiddle to get it right.
Make sure tthe camera power is on prior to flight.

The Instructions are incomplete.
Tom
usrtom1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2014, 09:53 AM   #105 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glaucon View Post
If you really are into the aerial photog, get the keychain #16 and forget this pos unless you want to wait until the end of Sep. and here we go again
Thanks, I was about to give up and figured I keep playing the SD roulette with this camera and finally found one that worked for me. Microcenter branded 8GB class 4. Maybe I'll wait till September and file a warranty claim anyway and hopefully get a newer model. After all the trouble I went through to get this pos working, that's the least HH can do.
Old 08-14-2014, 11:49 AM   #106 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default I will take back my bad words about the EFC721

I have not flown my 180 QX for a month because of the arrival of the 200 QX in my hangar. So I sad to myself, let's get her out of the hibernation and fly her again. It was mid day with 10 MPH. A slow flight and I got a very nice vid. The sd is a Patriot 16GB class 4 from Fry's $9.95. You comments please.

Old 08-14-2014, 03:56 PM   #107 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not a bad vid. Funny thing about the EFC721, it really has good video WHEN you get it to work. I'll have to try out the Fry's SD, we have one down the road where I live.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/--efQC1oWe8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 08-15-2014, 10:23 AM   #108 (permalink)
Registered Users

What I meant to post above.

Old 08-15-2014, 05:54 PM   #109 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
What I meant to post above.

Is this above or below your expectations?
Old 08-15-2014, 05:56 PM   #110 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I have not flown my 180 QX for a month because of the arrival of the 200 QX in my hangar. So I sad to myself, let's get her out of the hibernation and fly her again. It was mid day with 10 MPH. A slow flight and I got a very nice vid. The sd is a Patriot 16GB class 4 from Fry's $9.95. You comments please.

How do you have your camera mounted? I just tried mine out on the 180 and get a lot of jello.
Old 08-15-2014, 06:39 PM   #111 (permalink)
Registered Users

The stock velcro strap but vey tight.
Old 08-15-2014, 08:11 PM   #112 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Is this above or below your expectations?
The quality of the video is actually above my expectations. The term "720p HD" gets thrown around a lot, often times when it's not true 720p, so I was surprised to see this actually was. Also considering how small the lens is, I was impressed.

But of course if you look at it from the angle of usability, it gets a -5 out of 5 stars! The frustration I experienced setting it up was enough to well, as you eloquently put it

So overall I'm pleased since I found a working SD, but needless to say it's rather irritating what you go through to get to that point. Of course now this has planted a seed in me and I want bigger and better. I can only imagine how great the GoPro video is. I'm certainly not an experienced photographer, but being able to film from pretty much any angle in the air you can imagine is just toooo cool!
Old 08-15-2014, 08:57 PM   #113 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubbin1 View Post
How do you have your camera mounted? I just tried mine out on the 180 and get a lot of jello.
Put a strip of Velcro on the side facing the strap on the back and tighten it up.

My 808#16 is shown, but you can do the same with the stock 721 camera!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2014-08-15_0074.jpg (135.5 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg 2014-08-15_0075.jpg (82.0 KB, 40 views)

USAF RETIRED 1968-1988 Vietnam Veteran
Pfloyd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2014, 08:59 PM   #114 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah that's how I have mine but I changed the props and all is better now.
Old 08-15-2014, 11:49 PM   #115 (permalink)
Registered Users

Props are the most overlooked fixable problems there is. I know I won't be flying through leaves anymore, burned out a motor in the process. Lucky I had a good spare!

USAF RETIRED 1968-1988 Vietnam Veteran
Pfloyd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2014, 07:44 AM   #116 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
The quality of the video is actually above my expectations. The term "720p HD" gets thrown around a lot, often times when it's not true 720p, so I was surprised to see this actually was. Also considering how small the lens is, I was impressed.

But of course if you look at it from the angle of usability, it gets a -5 out of 5 stars! The frustration I experienced setting it up was enough to well, as you eloquently put it

So overall I'm pleased since I found a working SD, but needless to say it's rather irritating what you go through to get to that point. Of course now this has planted a seed in me and I want bigger and better. I can only imagine how great the GoPro video is. I'm certainly not an experienced photographer, but being able to film from pretty much any angle in the air you can imagine is just toooo cool!
If you want better quality just get the 808 #16. It is only 3 gr heavier than the 721 but much better video quality. Unfortunately, the Mobius is heavy for the 180 QX.
Old 08-22-2014, 03:46 PM   #117 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wanted to add I bought a 16gb sandisk class 6 card...had the shut off issue. Pretty much worked inside the house, but point it towards sunlight through a window and it would power off.

So I bought 4GB, 8GB, 16GB Samsung class 4 cards. Tried the 16 and 4 first...same issue. On the 8gb card I used the SDformatter right away. Its worked flawless every time. I need to try this formatter on the other cards, see if it resolves the issue. My only complaint about the camera now is the file size limits on videos are 800MB. But I run them through vegas video for editing anyway.

bflorin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2014, 08:04 PM   #118 (permalink)
Registered Users

Shall I say we have a happy camper?
Old 08-25-2014, 10:35 PM   #119 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well I got my replasment camera today. And it works hope to post a vid soon . As I state earlyer that its a daylight problem at the heart of things. It dosent like bright light. Old camera works great in low light say in doors. But take it in the sun it turns off. Sofar new camrae is working
teamhurst is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2014, 12:12 PM   #120 (permalink)
Registered Users

Had the same shut off problem with a 16GB Sandisk class 10 card. Tried every format I could find, nothing worked. Finally gave up and bought a 8GB Sandisk class 4, worked perfectly. Hope it stays that way!!!
Serbi is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in