Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > JR Helicopters

JR Helicopters JR Forza, Vibe and Vigor Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2004, 08:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default What Blades for a Venture?

Hey guys, I've got a venture and I was going to do a few upgrades like that spindle upgrade and blades, paddles, etc. I was looking at the Thunder Tiger or the MAH blades and unsure about the paddles, I hear that the others that come with the kit dont fly very well. If anybody upgraded thier venture I'd like to know what you used. Thanks for any info.[/img]
Heli-Crazy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2004, 03:15 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

i know alot of guy like the ma paddles. i have a friend that runs the scudo evo paddles and he loves them. i think most people have scudo paddles on. i have tried ksj, raptor, and v paddles. i like the raptor paddles over the ksj's the ksj's are pitchy in fff. the rappy's are smooth but you loose roll speed. the v paddles are very stable and you still have a good roll rate. the ksj are what is in your kit (the small black ones) the other paddles are allot slower than any paddles i know. i would put on the scudo evo paddles or the v paddles. as far as blades go with what you like or can afford. i think the thunder tiger carbon blades are very capable blades. i have run v blades, mavric, and funkey i have no complates about any of them and they all fly a little differnt. all you can do is try a set and find out how you like them. i have the a spindle upgrad but if you are not thrashing the tic tocs or to many hard autos it is not nessasary. the only thing about the v blades is they are strong. i was inverted cutting grass and my head speed changed when i was on my header tank so i put it in inverted one inch off the groung and the blades are fine. bent spindle main shaft tail shaft a broken tail blade grip and my upper main shaft baring was dameged. had the baring and new links nothing else. it only cost 32$ not bad. at least thoughs blades made it they are pricey.i hope i helped my heli is a voyager but they are close to the same setup. i am sure ivan will see this post and he has a venture 50 and could posible be more help.

preditor 60/70
gohbee
V blades, paddels, & tails
Magnum fuel
JR 500t & futaba 401
8311's & 8700 with throttle jockey
learjetcb is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2004, 08:15 AM   #3 (permalink)

I fly the 3d spindle on mine with "V" blade paddles, made a world of difference. You DONT wont to fly the 3d paddles that came with the kit. It's a crash waiting to happen. Main blades I'm fly the mavrikk sport blades from Heliproz. track great and never had a problem with them.
Randy
CVN-71 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2004, 09:56 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

V Blades (V1) and V paddles. Work great and very smooth while still being responsive. KSJ 3D spindle, Ergo grips with thrust bearings (to help with tracking issue) .
Old 07-25-2004, 06:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for all the help guys. I am about to make an order to get me some good blades. Yesterday I was in fff and tried to stop it quick and the blade covering came lose on the end of on of my blades. I got it down in one piece, so I am getting carbon blades. I know there more expensive but now all I can think about is that covering coming off in flight. I might order the new OS37 and try the MP2 on it. Thanks again.
Heli-Crazy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2004, 02:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good old TT 550s will work nice, Auto nice, handle great
Old 09-03-2005, 12:22 AM   #7 (permalink)

Newbie with a venture 50. why do you say the 3d paddles that come with the kit are a crash waiting to happen?
b52fixer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2005, 03:07 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I found that the Venture is not all that itis built up to be. The cyclic isn't responsive as an Ergo,even when it is set to be. I used the KSJ grey paddles, that are normally too much for most guys, and even set them in the rear hole, and still had to use the long flybar withthem to get it the way I like it. I never tried V-paddles on it, but I suspect the venture needs to have th ehead geometery refigured to get a good cyclic response. I even considered putting an Ergo head on it. I think the best way to get good cyclic response with the stock head would be to get some NHP's mains and use the KSJ paddles. Light blades and light paddles may be what it needs.

BUT....

I think the Venture would be an excellent heli for the novice and intermediate flier, that isn't trying to learn piro flips, but is happy with some leisurely rolls and loops and stall turns. If that is what you are looking for, then get the good grips (I think they were using the Ergo 46 ones) because the stock ones are waaaaay too sloppy, and it should be a decent heli. Just too bad they pump it up as a 3D heli
Old 10-25-2005, 11:15 PM   #9 (permalink)

I have a set of MAH 603's and 80mm V-paddles on my Venture 50 and it rolls almost as fast as my Raptor 50 on green paddles. The forward flight is stable as a rock and so it the hover. I learned piro-flips while it was a 30 with NHP's and had no problem with it.
JetCadet2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in