Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > HF Vendor Support > XHeli/HobbyPartz Support

XHeli/HobbyPartz Support XHeli/HobbyPartz Vendor Sponsored Customer Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2012, 12:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Wrong Battery / word to the wise

I see I'm not the only one to receive an incorrect battery. In my case I got a 4000mah 6S 60C instead of the 4800 mah.

In my case HobbyPartz was quick to reply, and after proving that I had received what I said (via photographs) they issued an RMA.

Word 1 to the wise is don't destroy the shipping label, 'cause they will want to see that to prove it came from them. Uncharacteristic of me, I had managed to get into the box without trashing the shipping label... Phew.

Here's where the trouble begins. Hobby Partz will tell you to ship USPS flat rate $4.95 shipping. I don't know about your experience, but here in Houston USPS is completely incompetent. I know that's not true for some of you out there. But, they are really last resort here. But, I did as instructed, as up to this point, I don't feel like I should be out-of-pocket for Hobby Partz' mistake. So, of course now it's been almost a month since my original order, and >3 weeks since I sent the battery back. Unfortunately $4.95 flat rate shipping is not tracked by USPS, so if your shipment never gets to its destination, that's just TS.

I suspect HP just thinks I'm scamming them and kept the battery, so I'm not getting any sympathy from them.

So, last word to the wise is IGNORE their advice and ship with tracking / confirmed delivery otherwise you run a non-zero chance of having neither your money nor your (incorrect) merchandise.

I didn't have this much trouble with HobbyKing even though their error rate seems to be higher than Hobby Partz'.

Thanks for listening to my rant... But, had to do it as I needed some outlet now that I lost the money and the battery! (Oh yeah, and of course they are out of stock now on what I originally ordered so I can't even get one for the price of 2.)
goldnhelis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2012, 11:03 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Would you happen to know your order number for the battery?

-Charlie
RaidenCharlie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2012, 01:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location
Default Sent you a PM

Hi Charlie,

Sent the info as requested in a PM. Thanks for checking into the matter.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Hobbypartz/XHheli Support

Hey goldnhelis,
I checked the order for the battery and we still haven't gotten it back. Once we receive the battery we will swap with the correct ones. Thank you for your patience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldnhelis View Post
Hi Charlie,

Sent the info as requested in a PM. Thanks for checking into the matter.
nitro_nancy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2013, 04:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I've gotten no assurances or help from the Post Office here in Houston. So I fear for the worst, and you will never receive the battery.

Does that mean you consider the matter closed?
Old 03-21-2013, 10:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Silence is bad news...

I suppose the silence on this matter means you haven't received the battery back...

I realize the P.O.'s error is not your fault, but the fact that I received the wrong battery in the first place was. You're not out anything, as you have my money. I have nothing at this point and am even out the measly $4.95 for shipping.

What's the chance you'll meet me part way on this matter?

If not, good luck, best wishes, but as a matter of principle, I don't intend to order from you again.
Old 07-04-2013, 10:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ever think as to why they had you return a product with no tracking? Sorry but shame on you for doing so. First sign should have been getting the wrong battery. Always check resellerratings.com before purchasing on line. Hope it all works out well. Oh and post your story every where you can on the web with company details. Might help someone else avoid your pain. USPS is not the issue my fiend.

Last edited by Bubbasanjohn; 07-04-2013 at 10:15 PM.. Reason: Hehe
Bubbasanjohn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2013, 03:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Really Hobbypartz? You don't even respond back to the OP?
Old 07-06-2013, 03:36 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

This is crap. Ship the wrong product and expect customer to pay? I don't know how many times I ordered a product and was told to keep it as it is not worth the trouble the process creates. I recently had a situation with an inversion table with a spring that failed. I put together a nice email, when and where I purchased. Didn't show proof of purchase as instructions required and they still sent me a replacement spring. Hobbypartz are you reading this story.
pscm is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2013, 06:07 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Now I know sending the wrong part is on them and losing a package is on the post office. But please excuse my ignorance if so but couldn't you have just added the tracking for less then $2? Ive shipped with flat rate boxes and im positive you can add the tracking on to it where I live.

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
700N YS.91 600N Pro OS 50 Hyper, GY611, 600E Pro All stock, Spartan Quark, NX4 OS 37, BeastX, HK250 DFC, Tarot ZYX-S, UMX Beast, X525 Quad with camera gimbal, HK control board, Spektrum DX7, Pheonix Sim v4.0
AMA# 97405
Bengsch85 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2013, 06:37 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Even if you don't pay extra to get the tracking number the post office should still be able to track it.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:03 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Re: not paying for tracking being my bad...

Yep, that was 1/2 the point of the whole post. Don't do what I did...

As far as the post office goes, at least here in Houston, they were no help. Maybe in other locations that wouldn't be so...

In my case I was optimistic, and eager to get the correct items shipped, so I didn't think anything else would go wrong... Remember, I was already out the purchase price and shipping and was soon not going to have anything in hand. I didn't really feel like going any deeper in the hole on the deal, not even a few bucks... Kinda the principle of the thing... I guess that's what I get for "principle".

Maybe the silver lining to all this "principle" is that my refusal to buy any more Gens Ace batteries from them (or anything else for that matter) forced me to find other brands and other vendors. No mistakes from them over the course of many transactions...
Old 07-09-2013, 10:12 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

RaidenCharlie was on here just yesterday and you know dang well he looks in this area but chooses not to respond or help at all.

Hobbypartz really does suck. They never have anything in stock, there shipping prices are higher now, you only get free shipping on orders over $100, they don't carry any blades for 450 helicopters anymore, both my SkyCharger 6200 and Solar D654 servos have let out the magic smoke and their Gens Ace batteries are more expensive.
Old 07-14-2013, 01:08 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wake up! The post office does not lose packages! You are getting the shaft. Sheesh.
Bubbasanjohn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in