Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Thunder Tiger Electric Helis > Titan X50E

Titan X50E Thunder Tiger Titan X50E Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2012, 06:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default slop tip for x50e

found a alot of slop in links, traced it to the pitch levers ,the sleeve that the bearing ride on is a bit too long. if u grind it down to be flush with the bearing it will ride fine on the little shim it comes with and the slop is gone..
audio131 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2012, 07:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default washout arms too

the washout arms have the same problem.. sleeve too long. arms rock back and forth.. will gind those too.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default much better

heli was much better today..slop all about gone. and with align 600d blades it was really good..
Old 03-06-2012, 06:28 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

In the "dark ages" when I started flying helicopters I learned another build habit to correct this. I developed a habit of using locktite to secure all bearings on their respective shaft. Things that are side-loaded in flight like belt drive tail output shafts I'll use blue locktite, and for most others red. Generally blue is enough everywhere but maybe the pinion support bearing .Only takes a teeny tiny bit to secure the bearing. This removes any slop of the bearing sliding on the shaft, and also ensures that the bearing is secured and never spins on the shaft, wearing a groove in the shaft (don't ask me how I know this happens, learned it in the schluter/Robbe days). The margin for "too tight" or "too loose" is probably in the ten thousandths and freedom of movement is better than absense of slop, so I much prefer the manufacturer to have bearing sleeves a touch too long than a touch too short. I also blue locktite the sleeve onto the bolt that secures it. I've always found that the tolerances in the bolt mean that you usually have to have multiple bolts to find one that fits the tube perfectly without that ten thousandth of freeplay. Locktite eliminates it. This being said, I also do exactly as audio mentions, just a swipe or two with a file on the end usually gets them perfect before the locktite application. You have to decide for yourself if you want to locktite bearings to shafts, as there is a downside. When you need to dissasemble something it makes it more difficult,.. sometimes requiring a bit of heat to loosen the locktite.
gwright is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2012, 07:10 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default slop

no its not the bearings,it was the sleeves too long.probably a prodution over site..... my heli has no pitch slop now... at the same point ive been flying just as long as u.(dark ages)raptors have never been perfect . always took something to modify or upgrade.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:00 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I know what you mean, but my point was with the longer tubes the bearings can slide around and with them locktited they don't move, so the end-goal is satisfied.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:31 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default x50e

it flys well now,, i actually like the heli so far.. those plastic bearing block have slop in the can move the bearing back and forth.. im waiting to get the metal ones in the mail,, should fix it.. the gear train is very smooth..
Old 03-15-2012, 07:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
In the "dark ages" when I started flying helicopters I learned another build habit to correct this. I developed a habit of using locktite to secure all bearings on their respective shaft
I've been doing that because my 2 JR helis flat say to do it in the instructions. It works,big time. The Vibe NEX they even had me put locktite on the bearing inner/shaft interface in the tail boom, in addition to a cou[ple other key areas. Man does that stuff ever hold on .
GWright ! You have lately, I havve seen personally, offered more valuable advice to more people and then are rewarded with disagreements, dismissals, etc. than anyone I know of just trying to.do a good deed.
I was considering going with a Raptor G4, saw that completely awesome display of that monster doing the slow 3-D thing , getting 10 minute plus flights so I sent this very busy man a PM. I got back several long paragraphs I'll be eternally grateful for, dear readers.
Plus, I bought and copied his set-up except with a Skookum which is all thats left to figure out and away we go.
Sorry for the epic length, I just wanted you to know all you do is appreciated,and valued.
Thank you. Doug
Old 03-15-2012, 08:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default :)

gwright..i think he's gonna ask you out
Old 03-18-2012, 07:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

my wife might not like that <G>

audio,.. sorry no reply to your PM yet, just finished driving 10 hours to get back from the b'ham funfly. didn't get on forumns while I was there. I think I might have what you need.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in