Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 130X

130X Blade 130X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2012, 08:17 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEast View Post
lol

Another tweak for the tail:

I found my old 450 main blade aluminum spacer and thought of using this as counter weight on the tail to get a propper balanced heli.

Yes, it's not bad at all, I've changed the screw and add about 2 pcs of washer to fit on the round portion on the tail fin and filled that gap.

So did the quick balancing 'just holding the button head... end up it looks balanced. I did test the pirouette flight and it's quite stable.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1521.jpg
Views:	1101
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	346231   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1527.jpg
Views:	1045
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	346232   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1516.jpg
Views:	967
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	346233  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2012, 10:53 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for posting everything in one easy spot. I had already done most everything out of the box, as it was my second one. The first having been kept by HH as they couldn't fix it. The first things. Idi and didn't see them mentioned, but it may be in here somewhere, was replace the stock tail blades with KBDD, and remive and tighten the screws in the tail servo. They are almost always always loose from HH. Placed the 0 and 3 silicon Orings on all ball links. Second tail uide was a must as was balancing blades to remove vibration. After everything I still had wobble till I put in the steel tail shaft and MH tail blade grips with Boca Bearings. I have done nothing with the cone gears and have yet to have a problem. I know I should not have said that.
Metal A gear, was a must also. The biggest difference, after everything was still the tail shaft. That is what made the tail rock solid with. O gyro input. I just ordered the MH square Aluminum tail case, which flies in the face of my "If it ain't broke don't fix it but it looks so cool. Also the Rakon Heli aluminum Tail stabilizer fin eliminated all vibration from there. Thanks all for all the good advice that makes this hobby fun.
Birdmanpa is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2012, 10:58 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries17q View Post
Another tweak for the tail:

I found my old 450 main blade aluminum spacer and thought of using this as counter weight on the tail to get a propper balanced heli.

Yes, it's not bad at all, I've changed the screw and add about 2 pcs of washer to fit on the round portion on the tail fin and filled that gap.

So did the quick balancing 'just holding the button head... end up it looks balanced. I did test the pirouette flight and it's quite stable.
Sweet! I'll try that out
BigEast is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2012, 11:01 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdmanpa View Post
Thanks for posting everything in one easy spot. I had already done most everything out of the box, as it was my second one. The first having been kept by HH as they couldn't fix it. The first things. Idi and didn't see them mentioned, but it may be in here somewhere, was replace the stock tail blades with KBDD, and remive and tighten the screws in the tail servo. They are almost always always loose from HH. Placed the 0 and 3 silicon Orings on all ball links. Second tail uide was a must as was balancing blades to remove vibration. After everything I still had wobble till I put in the steel tail shaft and MH tail blade grips with Boca Bearings. I have done nothing with the cone gears and have yet to have a problem. I know I should not have said that.
Metal A gear, was a must also. The biggest difference, after everything was still the tail shaft. That is what made the tail rock solid with. O gyro input. I just ordered the MH square Aluminum tail case, which flies in the face of my "If it ain't broke don't fix it but it looks so cool. Also the Rakon Heli aluminum Tail stabilizer fin eliminated all vibration from there. Thanks all for all the good advice that makes this hobby fun.
Hey Birdmanpa! Thanks for commenting, that's some great insight!!
BigEast is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2012, 12:47 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Hey Birdmanpa! Thanks for commenting, that's some great insight!!
Hi Birdmanpa,

Our objective is to keep this bird as flawless as it can be. Special thanks to all the guys aswell for giving their best to update us specially when it comes to extreme MODs. (You know...HP08S/Spin motors, MH and RH parts reviews etc.)

Hi BigEast,

What's new to your precious little Bird. oopsss, don't get me wrong
Old 09-06-2012, 01:00 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxJhbZmjLoA[/ame] here is a video on how to enter the gain menu to adjust values to your preference
bigtxheli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2012, 07:52 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have replaced the metal TT with a carbon one, that I made from a carbon 1.5 mm rod. That along with adjusting the mesh between the gears has made a resonance free heli!

Last edited by Skycommander; 09-09-2012 at 10:29 AM..
Skycommander is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2012, 11:26 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 13x repairs

nice post here, you gave me a couple of ideas i hadnt tried yet, both mine fly great now, i had already done a few of the fixes for these helis and now there flying great.might have to consider the others..
thanks for the info
john
radiodoctor is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2012, 04:39 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 130x Landing gear fix when no spare available

Broken landing gear? My hobby dealer is 2+ hour return drive and does not always have stock. So I tried zap, shoegoo, epoxy, gorilla glue and contact cement - no luck.

Heat shrink! - works great on a break. Two layers if you want it more rigid. A little slow zap on the gear first hold the heat shrink in place, heat it, and back in the air. Those short pieces that come with the Deans connectors are a perfect fit.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Gear 1r.jpg
Views:	570
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	352811   Click image for larger version

Name:	gear2r.jpg
Views:	538
Size:	121.4 KB
ID:	352812   Click image for larger version

Name:	gear3r.jpg
Views:	553
Size:	277.4 KB
ID:	352813  
Tower is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2012, 05:30 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tower View Post
Broken landing gear? My hobby dealer is 2+ hour return drive and does not always have stock. So I tried zap, shoegoo, epoxy, gorilla glue and contact cement - no luck.

Heat shrink! - works great on a break. Two layers if you want it more rigid. A little slow zap on the gear first hold the heat shrink in place, heat it, and back in the air. Those short pieces that come with the Deans connectors are a perfect fit.
Yep +1, did that myself too!

GSPI is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2012, 07:58 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up You Got It Dude!!!

Quote:
After looking through this forum I haven't seen a thread with a list of all the fixes/mods for the 130X, so I've compiled most of the ways to get rid of the resonance/vibration as well as the tail wag (If you have it)

If you have anything to add please do!

All fixes/mods can be found on YouTube or here on HeliFreak. Thank you to all of the people who discovered them!!

Fixes/mods:

-Balance the tail blades, this is just simple guesswork to begin with. Start by adding a piece of tape to the middle of either tail blade. Spool up, if vibrations get worse, remove the tape and add it to the other tail blade. Then adjust for maximum performance by moving the tape up and down the blade. Remember to wrap the tape around the leading edge of the blade so it doesn't fall off.

-Purchase the $3 tail pushrod guide (part# BLH3721) and install it on the tail boom between the already installed pushrod guide and the tail case. You might have to, "Open up" the interior of the guide so that the pushrod can move freely. I did this with an X-acto knife.

-CA a piece of carbon fiber to the trailing edge of the tail fin. This can reduce vibrations and strengthen the fin.

-Cut an mCPX grommet in half, then install one of the halves on the bottom of the tail on the ball where the tail pushrod attaches, and the other half on the top of the tail where the ball link is attached to the tail pitch slider.

-Remove the rubber o-rings on the swashplate as well as from the main grip arms and replace them with the included canopy grommets/mounts. This will greatly reduce play.

-Put a drop of CA in the area where the torque tube emerges from the tail boom and from the large tail gear. (Gear C)

-Push the tail boom in as far as possible until A and B gears start to bind. Then pull out ever so slightly. This reduced resonance for quite a few people.

-Straighten the tail shaft. Doing this completely terminated vibrations for many. Instructions can be found in the following link: https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=443167

-Purchase a set of Boca Bearings which will go into the tail. These bearings may significantly reduce vibration. Here are two links for where to buy them: http://www.bocabearings.com/search.a...0X+BNF&Feature
http://www.bocabearings.com/bearing-...x-bnf-electric

-If Boca Bearings don't suit you, purchase a set of BLH3727 1.5x4x1.12 Bearings. (2) Place these into the right and left side housings in the tail while keeping the stock bearings installed as well. Here's a link to the mod: https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=448222

-Adjust the gyro gains for best performance, here's a link on how to do that: https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=429592

-Purchase a steel tail shaft and/or an aluminum/titanium pitch slider from Micro Heli.

-Extend the boom supports for increased rigidity in the tail boom. This greatly cuts down on vibration. Also, add a 4mm CF tube in the frame to decrease flex. Lastly, if you do not wish to extend the boom supports, purchase the 300X supports and cut them down to fit the 130. All 3 mods can be found in this thread: https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=443278

-If all else fails, simply remove the tail fin. For some folks, this diminished most resonances.

-Lastly, here are two links to a gear mesh related fix which can reduce tail wag: https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=434332
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=434482

Note that some of these methods may not completely work for you, but they have worked for others, including me!

Hope this helps!

BigEast
Thank you M'Man, you have done a great service....and saved 130 X fliers a whole "stuff-load" of time!!!
Old 10-13-2012, 10:37 AM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

misplaced reply...deleted
Blade-T-Rex-Tarot- 450 and under-DX6-AMA#977655

Last edited by intro; 10-15-2012 at 11:10 PM..
intro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2012, 12:37 PM   #53 (permalink)
Blade Forum Support

Great list Bigeast.

Be blessed
Isaac

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
tntburnett is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2012, 01:34 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Perhaps I have misunderstood one of the suggested set up mods or perhaps this is so standard it does not need mentioning - but I cannot see it on the list.

On first flight, for me the screw holding the tail rotor blade grip to the Tail shaft vibrated loose and one of the tail rotor flew off. It hit me on the chest and dropped to my feet. The identical same thing occured to another 130x the same day.

I have therefore removed and used a tiny amount of blue threadlock in each of the tail shaft blade grip threads to prevent this recurring.

Mim
Mimbulus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2012, 12:17 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by intro View Post
Boeing, huh? BFE site in Mukilteo is a great place to fly.
=====
Greetings :-)
We're neighbors (well, relatively)... BFE site? Must one be a Boeing employee?
If not, would you mind posting a Google Map link?

Thank you.
HF-Lurker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2012, 05:44 AM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default A lot of tweaks for a new BNF out of the box. Blade and HH need to step up

As a prospective 130X buyer, I appreciate the fix it lists you have provided all in one reading.

I have to say that it is almost amusing just how many tweaks/fixes that apply to this new Blade heli. This is bordering on ridiculous. Instead of fixing this pathetic attempt at a full collective micro, I think 130X owners should be demanding your money back from HH.

I think what we need right now is one product specifically to fix this 130X--a complete, already built, blades balanced, replacement tail section. All done and ready to bolt on the bird. Hey, maybe HH could do that for us!

How about that Horizon? Send us a completely fixed tail to bolt onto our 130X's. One with decent bearings, and a straight tail gear! I think it's the freakin' least you can do!

And to "James" from Blades development team, telling us this resonance is normal is flat out being deceptive to your customers. Many of us are experienced RC heli pilots, so we don't buy the "it's normal" statements you are making. Telling us to quickly throttle past your manufacturing FLAWS is just plain irresponsible, and not good for Blade's or HH's reputation.
northernsky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2012, 02:59 AM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't know if this has been done but
Check this out, I figured out the slop in the tail of the 130x
Items you will need
1 Bearing from blade grip on the mcpx
2 brass spacer from the head

Remove the bearing from blade grip, take the tail shaft from the 130x off and remove the bearing on the closest side to the tail blades.
install new bearing from the mcpx
install brass sleeve, make sure that the small inner race faces the bearing
install gear, install silver sleeve
attach and screw the set screws to the locking hub and BAM no slop.

Attention! I did use the brass sleeve that came with the Microheli upgraded grips
it was the larger of the two. you might be able to use 2 stock spacer from the stock kit. I hope this helps
check the pictures out! its very simple and fly's great!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20121018_003459.jpg
Views:	825
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	358428   Click image for larger version

Name:	20121018_003808.jpg
Views:	938
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	358429   Click image for larger version

Name:	20121018_003834.jpg
Views:	860
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	358430  
Old 10-20-2012, 09:27 AM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Great thread big east when i get somefree time to work on it i will start doing some of these things even though mine actually is flying pretty well dooes have resonance on spoolup and down
motorhead540 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2012, 06:24 AM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernsky View Post
As a prospective 130X buyer, I appreciate the fix it lists you have provided all in one reading.

I have to say that it is almost amusing just how many tweaks/fixes that apply to this new Blade heli. This is bordering on ridiculous. Instead of fixing this pathetic attempt at a full collective micro, I think 130X owners should be demanding your money back from HH.

I think what we need right now is one product specifically to fix this 130X--a complete, already built, blades balanced, replacement tail section. All done and ready to bolt on the bird. Hey, maybe HH could do that for us!

How about that Horizon? Send us a completely fixed tail to bolt onto our 130X's. One with decent bearings, and a straight tail gear! I think it's the freakin' least you can do!

And to "James" from Blades development team, telling us this resonance is normal is flat out being deceptive to your customers. Many of us are experienced RC heli pilots, so we don't buy the "it's normal" statements you are making. Telling us to quickly throttle past your manufacturing FLAWS is just plain irresponsible, and not good for Blade's or HH's reputation.
I won't be holding my breath!!
Old 11-02-2012, 08:55 AM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

SR tail rotor heat sink for 130X main motor:

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=432429
marinr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
130x, blade, fixes, mods, tail

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in