Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > New Member Section

New Member Section If you are new to HF, please tell us a little bit about yourself. What Helis do you fly? You will find our community very friendly, why not break the ice and introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2009, 05:59 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Funnest Hobby I have ever had

Hi all,

I only started a couple of months ago and only just recently found this site. Thank heavens!

I am currently "flying" a Honey Bee King 3 and have had a shakey start. One crash down and probably a lot more to come. The parts come in this week so I will get her fixed and back flying.

My plan is to see how things go with this relatively cheap bird and then move onto something a bit more professional like a TRex (they seem to be very popular). I will probably stick to electric helis though, nitros scare me! Not to mention the fact that where I live, the noise would probably annoy too many people.

Having joined this forum I have learnt so much already. I was actually surprised by how much theory there is like:
- Programming TX
- Blade pitch settings and how collective pitch works
- Adjusting pitch curves
- etc

In any case, this hobby has me hooked and I fear I will be spending many a dollar to keep it going :-)

cheers
Ianman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2009, 09:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Welcome, and safe and happy flying.

You don't mention a simulator. Using a simulator on your computer for practice will save you a lot of money in spare parts. It will pay for itself.
halley is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2009, 09:35 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

I do have a simulator...got it with my heli actually but it isn't exactly high quality. Gonna save up for Phoenix and a cable for my 6 channel TX.
Ianman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2009, 12:50 PM   #4 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Hi ianman i bought a phoenix flight sim wish i had bought it before my heli it might be in one piece still. never mind iam hooked on this great hobby to. welcome to the club.
cliff.
raptorcliff is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2009, 12:11 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yep new to helis again havent had one since my gmp king cobra 20 yrs ago.. Have to say lots more fun now. I have a 530 hughs scale raptor hyper and 401 in army markings. Also a titan 50 hyper with 401, and a raptor 50 with 401 all on 9303 and a clone trex 500 EXI= @ much fun. I still am learning, But found some great deals on the choppers used and had fun building the 500, Just a tip for anyone on the exi CHANGE THE DAMPENER BUSHINGS ON THE FEATERING SHAFT. Save a lot of grief and chasing a tracking problem. Fly fixed wings and am a advanced pilot with that but doing the crawl walk and hope to run someday with the helis.
arfwrecker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in