Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450

Blade 450 Blade 450 Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2012, 09:56 AM   #81 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by clough42 View Post
Cool. Let us know how it goes.

Since my DfC/ZYX conversion, I've had four near-crashes on landing, struck the mains once and the tail blades twice. I still haven't figured out what I'm doing wrong. I'm wondering if the ZYX is getting confused during a baby auto landing when the skids hit as the blades are spinning down. In each case, it tipped after the skids were down.

I'm not a very good pilot, but this is new. I'm going to start landing in IU and see if it's any better. At least it'll be more spectacular.
Fyi, the idle-up landings are working much better. I am setting the skids down in idle-up, planting them with a couple of degrees of negative pitch, hitting throttle hold and then going full negative to kill headspeed.

I have also been keeping my main blade grips just a bit tighter, and that seems to help with ground resonance.

I haven't had a problem since I started landing this way.

Edit: fixed architect...er...autocorrect

Last edited by clough42; 10-07-2012 at 11:57 AM..
clough42 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2012, 03:56 PM   #82 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default gettin ready to do mine

Bump to keep this thread easy to find..I'll be setting mine up this week. Many thanks e-powered!
Tinkrat is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2012, 08:20 PM   #83 (permalink)
Registered Users

bump
Jherison is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2012, 10:44 PM   #84 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

STICKY THIS!! please!!

gdawgs56 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2012, 04:41 PM   #85 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdawgs56 View Post
STICKY THIS!! please!!

I will 2nd that all in favor say I

106 flights going well

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

Epoweredrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2012, 05:05 PM   #86 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I!!!
Old 12-05-2012, 09:05 PM   #87 (permalink)
Registered Users

A couple bumps now and then will simulate a sticky!

"I do my best looking 3d when trying to avoid a crash!"
Jherison is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2012, 03:58 PM   #88 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Tarot zyx problem

Hi
I'm in the process of setting my 450 3D up with the FBL head and the zyx gyro. I hooked everything up according to Epoweredrc's instruction. Everything was going ok, when for no reason, I lost the connection between the rx and the gyro, meaning I now have a blue,yellow, and red light on the gyro. I have done a rebind, disconnected all cables and started from scratch and still I'm in the same boat. I'm alittle new to the rc heli world, but I'm pretty confident in my set up so far. I'm lost and I need some help!

Jim
jbobb1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2012, 05:44 PM   #89 (permalink)
Registered Users

Jbob1,

Are you using the john_nz software for setup? While setting up my ZYX last week I lost 99% of my servo movement. Everything moved the right way, just not very much! The only thing that resolved the problem was to do a factory default reset using the xmitter sticks and lights on the ZYX. Plugging different values and attempting to reset through the software made no difference at all. If you can get the transmitter and the gyro to talk directly it might be worth a try! Good luck!

Shawn
Shawndiver is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2012, 05:55 PM   #90 (permalink)
Registered Users

Speaking about my 450 3D conversion, today was the maiden flight, and everything worked perfectly!! Rock solid, just need to start reducing the conservative setting values I started with. Thank you to all who have contributed to this thread and others for making this conversion successful!

Shawn
Old 12-08-2012, 06:13 PM   #91 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just a little fyi, I contacted tarot because my zyx will no longer operate the tail correctly. since I didn't buy from the us distributor, Tarot-rc-heli.com, It is not covered under warranty. Their reasoning was it can be a clone. I purchased from cnchelicopter.com and am now out the cost of the fbl unit. So when you guys purchase your units, buy from that site. unless you want to run the risk of no warranty.
M3bluegsr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2012, 09:43 PM   #92 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well that stinks, i guess clones are so good that they cant notice there own products most of the time there are ways to look close and know clone or not....

Glad the maiden went well I am glad i did this thread it seemed to help quite a few already

Old 12-08-2012, 11:55 PM   #93 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Tarot zyx

Thanks for the reply Shawn, but my problem is I have no connection between the rx and the gyro which means no radio communication. I did try pressing the set button after I powered up and managed to get a connection with the software, but still no control with the radio.And when I unplug the battery then power back up, I'm back to having blue, yellow and red lights. If my rx was bad, what signs would I look for? When I go through the bind process, I install the bind plug,power up,get the blinking light, turn on my radio(dx6i) while holding the blind switch, get a solid light, disconncet bat.,remove bind plug, power up and get a solid light. I feel like I'm up the creek without a paddle!

jim
Old 12-09-2012, 12:32 PM   #94 (permalink)
Registered Users

You might try some reverse engineering to determine where the problem is. If you have another model, check your radio to make sure your bind is good and your controls are working properly. If that is good, perhaps go back to reconnecting your servos and g210 back directly to the receiver and see if that works. If not, I would say the problem is in the receiver.

Even if you cannot get anything to move through the radio after the bind process does not mean that it did not work, there may just be something corrupted in the zyx that prevents it from moving past a certain point while initializing. If you say you can get a connection with the gyro with the software, you might try flashing the firmware, testing version 1.21 has that capability. I have not done it, but I read the threads of many people who have.
Might still be worth trying the default reset process with the radio sticks. It took me a few trys to get the timing right, I found a good video on youtube here:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkF_APGYweQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

that was helpful getting the timing and process right. (About 9 minutes in) I found the process for the reset (six blinks) in the manual.

Hope that helps!

Shawn
Old 12-09-2012, 02:59 PM   #95 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok. Call me dumb, I had the the wrong receiver entered during the set process. Everything is working as it should. I just need to be more focused on what I'm doing. Thanks for all the info. Wish me luck, because I think I'm going to need.

jim
Old 12-09-2012, 04:34 PM   #96 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey, you figured it out. That's all that matters. Excellent step by step videos here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=2311

I started on the 3rd since I already had the head and servos installed, but its all great information.

Enjoy!

Shawn
Old 12-10-2012, 02:59 PM   #97 (permalink)
Registered Users

What is a good blade to start out with? I broke my last set during a blade strick before my conversion.
jim
Old 12-10-2012, 06:06 PM   #98 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am still flying the fiberglass EXI blades I used before the conversion on the 450, seem to work fine. I am using Align 3g blades on the 450x. Carbon fiber, around $18 a set. Thought I would save the stock carbon fiber blades until I can appreciate (and afford to replace) them.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:13 PM   #99 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawndiver View Post
I am still flying the fiberglass EXI blades I used before the conversion on the 450, seem to work fine. I am using Align 3g blades on the 450x. Carbon fiber, around $18 a set. Thought I would save the stock carbon fiber blades until I can appreciate (and afford to replace) them.
and many people, including myself, like the Align blades better than any of Blade's blades

i LOVE EDGE blades though
Old 12-16-2012, 12:39 AM   #100 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdawgs56 View Post
and many people, including myself, like the Align blades better than any of Blade's blades

i LOVE EDGE blades though
+1 for the 3g me and dad both fly em, they work well and you can see em being white on black

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in