Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > RC Helicopter Flight School

RC Helicopter Flight School Instructional Flying Tips, Tricks, Videos, and Q&A

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2012, 11:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default How does on fly in circles?

I'm having a blast with my mSRX, but I just can't get it to fly in circles around me. I start with forward flight and then give it right or left rudder and no matter what combination of elevator and aileron I try it either: 1. Spirals inward and does a slow pirouette 2. Speeds up too fast and spirals outward I need to find a way to keep it turning without pirouetting, but not have it speed up to mach 5 and hit the walls. Any tips? I've got the heli setup pretty well so that I can do several pirouettes in place (well pretty close to in place).
cp11 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2012, 08:15 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello!

I have been trying to get my MSRX to fly that way too. I have come to the conclusion that the msrx is just too far for a fixed pitch, too small for a single rotor w/electric tail, etc etc

Basically what you are asking for is another helicopter. My mcp X I just upgraded to flies in a lot of ways like the MSRX does, just maintains a certain attitude better smoother than the MSRX but still does the same stuff pretty much.

What I'm getting at here is if you've tuned the links and can do a few piro's in any direction, that's as good as it gets on the tiny MSRX because its just too small. I got the hang of mine and can fly it in circuits around my living room or a tennis court now. Just hang in there, practice, and use fresh batteries you'll get the hang of it.
tchilds is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2012, 05:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Don't fly around you. it's frowned upon at the clubs, dangerous and will teach you bad habits.
If you just want to fly circles, get some speed (not much) give a bit of left rudder and a bit of left aileron. Heli will start to fly in circles. You may need to add some up elevator to prevent it from pitching down.

There is 3 sticky threads in this forum which explain it much better than I do too
AcidDrink is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2012, 11:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I figured that flying around me I could turn with the helicopter and would have an easier time with it, but I certainly don't want to develop bad habits. I've also tried doing circles in front of me, and the results are the same. It seems that if I give it any left aileron it spirals inward. I'll keep working on it, maybe turning down my dual rates and see how it goes.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The msrx has some weird habits when you try to turn it, I had issues with my friends. Certain control inputs make it do weird things, but they're consistent. Pay attention to what it's doing and be ready to correct.
deca is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2012, 01:23 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks, I eventually got pretty good at right turns on the mSRX, but left turns were very difficult. I moved up to an mCPX and am working on my left turns, seems that it turns a lot smoother than the mSRX, but it's so much faster that it freaks me out a bit more indoors!
Old 06-02-2012, 07:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidDrink View Post
Don't fly around you. it's frowned upon at the clubs, dangerous and will teach you bad habits.
Why is frowned upon and dangerous? I like to fly circles in the house with the smaller blades. Only in front of me though, I'm not fond of spinning around as the heli is going around me,
Flesher is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in