Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450X

Blade 450X Blade 450X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2015, 06:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Location: Perth, Western Australia (the most isolated (AND COVID FREE!) capital city on earth!)
Default Anybody SUCCESSFULLY used the Soko App to setup a 450X?

I use the Soko Tool on it's own with success.

So I was keen to see how the new update for the Soko Heli Tools Android app worked with the 450X. This update (v1.4 build 19) now includes the ability to setup trailing-edge-controlled helis - such as the 450X.

I first mechanically set up a level swash and zero pitch at mid-stick.

When I do the measurements in sections 1-3, that all works well. I can often get the virtual main shaft well within the margin of error. However, when I get to section 4 and adjust the servos The swash goes "wonky".

If any one has succeeded in using the Tool App with a 450X and AR7200BX, can they provide the steps in terms of the BeastX sections relating to the Tool app sections.

I know I'm using the tool itself properly because when I use it without the app the heli is "rock solid" and flies really well.

TIA,
Paolo
XLPower 700, ALIGN 550L (beater), Prôtos MAX V2 Leggero 700 & Evoluzione 800 (RCHN #803 - joined just before they shut up shop!)
PaoloFCantoni is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2015, 08:10 AM   #2 (permalink)
HF Support

Thanks for the heads up that they put the trailing edge config in the app. I haven't personally tried it yet. I'm still a little skeptical since, like you, I've gotten pretty good at the "manual" Soko method. I trust it and I built a leveling table that makes it pretty quick and painless.

But Andy seems to think the app method is pretty rock solid too, so I'll give it a shot the next time I'm setting one up. I'm still not convinced it'll save me much time or make things any more accurate.
Nelsonisms is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2015, 08:47 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Paolo,

I'm not saying this is your problem, but when I first started using the Soko Heli app on my iPhone, I wasn't lining up the correct link balls on the swashplate when taking readings and making adjustments. As a result, I couldn't get it to work properly. Once I realized my mistake... and boy did I feel like a complete IDIOT after seeking support from Andy at Soko Heli (he was great BTW)... the VMS (Virtual Main Shaft) accuracy I'm seeing now normally comes out to 00.0 without any effort on my part. The rest of the app works perfectly from there.

However, because the app didn't support trailing edge pitch control when I first started using it, to make things easier I went ahead and flipped over the grips on my 450X so they're now set up for leading edge pitch control. I haven't bothered to change them back, so I haven't tried out using the trailing edge pitch control feature in the app update.

John
Gyropilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2015, 12:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyropilot View Post
I'm not saying this is your problem, but when I first started using the Soko Heli app on my iPhone, I wasn't lining up the correct link balls on the swashplate when taking readings and making adjustments. As a result, I couldn't get it to work properly.
I agree this is a good place to start.

I don't have a 450X, but I have set up both my T-Rex 450L and Warp 360 using the iPhone app. One thing that threw me off one time was that the app numbers the servos differently than they are numbered in the iKON software, so I would also suggest being very aware of measuring and adjusting at the correct servo.
RCHN Ctzn #191, eXo 500, T-Rex 450L Dominator, Warp 360, Blade 130X, Blade Nano CPX + various toy models
tsoebirk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2015, 05:25 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Location: Perth, Western Australia (the most isolated (AND COVID FREE!) capital city on earth!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsoebirk View Post
I agree this is a good place to start.

I don't have a 450X, but I have set up both my T-Rex 450L and Warp 360 using the iPhone app. One thing that threw me off one time was that the app numbers the servos differently than they are numbered in the iKON software, so I would also suggest being very aware of measuring and adjusting at the correct servo.
Thanks to all for their input.

I think I'm good enough on the link balls - took me a couple of goes but now good. The new update makes it easier to figure out which are the correct servos to adjust.

My problem is that I'm not sure which AR7200BX setting I should be in from section 4.7 onward.
Section 4.7 talks about adjusting the servo trim in the FBL - buit I don't think there's a mechanism for that in the AR7200BX.

Can anyone suggest - just by reading the Soko instruction which elements of the AR7200BX I should be using to make the adjustments indicated by the tool?

Again, TIA,
Paolo
XLPower 700, ALIGN 550L (beater), Prôtos MAX V2 Leggero 700 & Evoluzione 800 (RCHN #803 - joined just before they shut up shop!)

Last edited by PaoloFCantoni; 04-19-2015 at 08:47 AM..
Old 04-19-2015, 10:11 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaoloFCantoni View Post
My problem is that I'm not sure which AR7200BX setting I should be in from section 4.7 onward.
Paolo,

Here's the ENTIRE process I use for setting up an AR7200BX with my 450X using the Soko Heli tool kit. I realize this is way more information than you asked for, but since I already had the steps saved in a file, I thought they all might be useful to you.

Specific to your question about making adjustments in step 4.7 of the Soko app, that starts at step 16 in my instructions below.

Best regards,

John
1. Remove the rotor blades and rotor head.

2. Power on Tx and then the AR7200BX FBL unit.

3. Do not move heli and wait for AR7200BX FBL unit to initialize.

4. Press and hold the AR7200BX setup button until LED (A) stops flashing and illuminates solid. Press the setup button repeatedly until LED (G) illuminates. The AR7200BX Status LED will be Off.

5. With all swashplate servo cables connected to the AR7200BX, the servos will be operating in their center (reference) unadjusted position.

6. Install all servo arms so each arm (or wheel) forms an angle as close to 90° as possible with each linkage rod. The angle will usually not be a perfect 90°.

7. Move the Tx rudder stick once to the right to select the ELEVATOR servo. The Status LED will illuminate PURPLE.

8. Move the Tx elevator stick forward and back to adjust the ELEVATOR servo arm to its exact center position in relation to its linkage rod.

9. Move the Tx rudder stick once more to the right to select the AILERON servo. The Status LED will illuminate RED.

10. Move the Tx elevator stick forward and back to adjust the AILERON servo arm to its exact center position in relation to its linkage rod.

11. Move the Tx rudder stick once more to the right to select the PITCH servo. The Status LED will illuminate BLUE.

12. Move the Tx elevator stick forward and back to adjust the PITCH servo arm to its exact center position in relation to its linkage rods.

13. Without changing anything on the AR7200BX, use a swashplate leveling tool to adjust the length of each swashplate linkage rod until the swashplate is exactly level in relation to the mast and the underside of the swashplate is 15mm above the top of the frame.

14. Push the setup button on the AR7200BX repeatedly to Setup menu point (N). When LED (N) is illuminated solid, quickly press the setup button to exit the setup menu.

15. Reinstall the rotor head and install the Soko-Heli tool kit into one of the blade grips.

16. Follow the instructions in the Soko-Heli app for a VMS (Virtual Main Shaft). When it comes time to adjust the swashplate level, press and hold the AR7200BX setup button until LED (A) stops flashing and illuminates solid. Press the setup button repeatedly until LED (G) illuminates. Move the Tx rudder stick once either right or left to select one of the three cyclic servos. This will cause ALL cyclic servos to move to their previously adjusted (trimmed) positions.
Note: This is NOT the servo's default reference position.
17. When prompted by the Soko-Heli app, adjust the length of the servo to swashplate linkage rods until no finer adjustment can be achieved. If needed, very fine adjustment (usually under 0.4°) can be made using Setup menu (G) in the VR7200BX.

18. After adjusting the swashplate level in the Soko-Heli app, but before proceeding to the Soko-Heli collective pitch adjustment, press the VR7200BX setup button until LED (J) illuminates: "Teaching the Cyclic Pitch Geometry."
CAUTION: Do not touch any stick on Tx when entering menu point (J). This will cause unwanted flight behavior.
19. Move the rotor blade grips so that they are parallel to the tail boom (fore and aft in relation to the airframe).

20. Using the Soko-Heli pitch gauge for reference, move the Tx aileron stick left or right to tilt the blade grip exactly 6° either way. Be sure and take into consideration any tilt of the mast when calculating the target angle on the pitch gauge.
IMPORTANT: The Status LED should still be Blue at 6° of cyclic pitch. If the Status LED is Red, Purple or Off, you must mechanically adjust the helicopter. You can use:
A.) Shorter servo horns

B.) Shorter linkage balls on the inner swashplate ring or
C.) Longer blade grip linkage levers

If the pitch gauge has more than 6° of cyclic pitch, move the Tx aileron stick in the opposite direction until the pitch gauge is at 6°.
21. Release the Tx aileron stick and press the setup button once to enter setup menu point (K): Adjusting the Collective Pitch Range.

22. Follow the instructions in the Soko-Heli app for computing the blade grip tilt angle for setting maximum and minimum collective pitch. Move the Tx pitch stick all the way up (full positive pitch) and stay there.
CAUTION: Do not use any pitch curves in your transmitter while adjusting the Collective Pitch Range. Doing so will result in unwanted flight behavior.
23. Increase or decrease the maximum amount of positive pitch using the rudder stick until the blade grip pitch specified in the Soko-Heli app is achieved.

24. Move the pitch stick all the way down (full negative pitch).

25. Increase or decrease the maximum amount of negative pitch using the rudder stick until the blade grip pitch specified in the Soko-Heli app is achieved.

26. Push the setup button once to save the selection and move to menu point (L): Adjusting the Cyclic Swashplate Limit.

27. Carefully move the Tx sticks for aileron, elevator and pitch to all maximum endpoints. Watch for binding or lack of movement in the swashplate, linkage rods, and servo arms. Move the rudder stick right or left to increase or decrease the aileron and elevator throw limiter to achieve the maximum possible cyclic throw without causing binding. 

28. The Status LED should still be Blue when the swashplate is at the maximum limit. If the Status LED is Purple or Off, you must mechanically adjust the helicopter to increase the available throw.
IMPORTANT: If you make any modifications to menu points (G), (J) or (K) in the future, you must repeat menu point (L) again.
29. Push the setup button repeatedly to Setup menu point (N). When LED (N) is solid, quickly press the setup button to exit the menu.
NOTE: The AR7200BX will also automatically exit the menu after 4 minutes of inactivity, but will NOT automatically exit at points D, G, I and J to allow time for mechanical helicopter adjustments.
Old 04-19-2015, 10:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes, John;

It's more than I expected. But I really appreciate your input. Since my 450Xs are currently set up OK, I won't be changing them. But rest assured it's only a matter of time, before I'll need to go over your process in fine detail.

Even a quick read has shown where I may have "got hold of the wrong end of the stick" - pun intended!

Paolo
Old 05-02-2015, 05:17 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Still can't get it...

Hi John,

So, the diode on the DS76T tail servo came loose in flight and I lost the tail. So I get a chance to try to do it again...

I really must be missing something - because I STILL can't get it to work. Even after your excellent instructions.

I get to step 16 and everything falls apart in step 17. Can I ask for your observations on what I see?

Up to step 15 I should have a level swash, 15mm from the top of the frame. As an added check, I manually adjust zero pitch at mid-stick using the "blade end method" - like for a micro - so I should be in the right ball park...

On the Soko I can do all the measurements OK - often getting the VMS to 0.0 - usually under 0.3.

I get to 4.2 and put the AR7200BX into setup "G" and select a servo - so the the servos move to previously trimmed positions - from setting up the level swash.

I make the measurements and I get to 4.6. Often, hopefully because my previous "blade end method", the 4.6 Upper linkage adjustment isn't necessary.

It's when I get to 4.7 First Servo - that things go "Wonky". I don't think I'm adjusting the trim correctly. At Soko 4.7, I should be adjusting the servo under the ball. Yes? Then I move to the next servo and adjust that. etc...

My problem is that the swash is progressively getting more and more "out of true" as I try to get the values to those requested by the tool.

At this point, I give up and reset back to zero pitch and mid stick and adjust the Collective and Cyclic using the usual non-app method and go fly the heli.

It's just SO frustrating to get to this same point and have it all "fall apart".

Can you advise on what I might be doing wrong?

TIA.
Paolo
Old 05-02-2015, 09:52 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
It's when I get to 4.7 First Servo - that things go "Wonky". I don't think I'm adjusting the trim correctly. At Soko 4.7, I should be adjusting the servo under the ball. Yes?
Correct... but just to be even more specific, you're supposed to adjust the LINKAGE (not the the servo itself) connected to the ball under the red circle in the Soko app.

Quote:
My problem is that the swash is progressively getting more and more "out of true" as I try to get the values to those requested by the tool.
Some things that come to mind...

Did you setup the Soko app correctly at the beginning?
Do you have the correct edge control (leading vs. trailing) and correct swash movement selected?
In step 4.7, are you sure you're adjusting the linkage length the correct direction?
To start off, make sure you're reading the correct digits on the Soko pitch gauge (I presume you are, but it can't hurt to double mention) and that you're not misinterpreting which way the pitch gauge needs to tilt to get the required reading. I sometimes get confused about this and have to pause to carefully think through what's going to happen to the reading when I lengthen vs. shorten a link.

If you're positive you're doing everything correctly and since you're using trailing edge pitch control when the Soko app was originally designed for leading edge pitch control, I suppose there could be a bug in the Soko app software. You might consider flipping the blade grips over on your heli to covert it to leading edge pitch control like I did. I know for sure the Soko app works with leading edge pitch control but I haven't tested it with trailing edge pitch control since the new update.

If you decide to "flip the grips", the only other thing you must do is UN-reverse the pitch channel in your transmitter so the swashplate moves up to increase collective pitch (versus the opposite in the stock configuration).
Old 04-12-2016, 07:35 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Hi John,

So, the diode on the DS76T tail servo came loose in flight and I lost the tail. So I get a chance to try to do it again...

I really must be missing something - because I STILL can't get it to work. Even after your excellent instructions.

I get to step 16 and everything falls apart in step 17. Can I ask for your observations on what I see?

Up to step 15 I should have a level swash, 15mm from the top of the frame. As an added check, I manually adjust zero pitch at mid-stick using the "blade end method" - like for a micro - so I should be in the right ball park...

On the Soko I can do all the measurements OK - often getting the VMS to 0.0 - usually under 0.3.

I get to 4.2 and put the AR7200BX into setup "G" and select a servo - so the the servos move to previously trimmed positions - from setting up the level swash.

I make the measurements and I get to 4.6. Often, hopefully because my previous "blade end method", the 4.6 Upper linkage adjustment isn't necessary.

It's when I get to 4.7 First Servo - that things go "Wonky". I don't think I'm adjusting the trim correctly. At Soko 4.7, I should be adjusting the servo under the ball. Yes? Then I move to the next servo and adjust that. etc...

At this point, I give up and reset back to zero pitch and mid stick and adjust the Collective and Cyclic using the usual non-app method and go fly the heli.

It's just SO frustrating to get to this same point and have it all "fall apart".

TIA.

Paolo

Hey Paolo, how did you go with your setup? I am now assembling my new Align T-rex 450L and setting up with Soko tool as well. Probably tomorrow will get to do all the steps mentioned above.
Please let us know.
Cheers,
Leority.
Old 04-12-2016, 06:23 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEORITY View Post
Hey Paolo, how did you go with your setup? I am now assembling my new Align T-rex 450L and setting up with Soko tool as well. Probably tomorrow will get to do all the steps mentioned above.
Please let us know.
Cheers,
Leority.
Hi Leority,
Long time no speak.

Well, at the time, I never got the "Virtual Main shaft" method to work.

I just use it as high quality digital pitch gauge - and very happy with it.

Since then, however, there have been (at least) two upgrades so I might give the virtual main shaft another go - especially since I now have a 550L which has a forward control head - for which the SOKO was originally designed.

If you get it to work, let me know.

Paolo
Old 04-18-2016, 08:43 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Paolo! Still not there too. I used soko as a pitch gauge only (it was last Friday and I wanted to fly Saturday morning).
I am pretty sure there is something missing on the steps or perhaps not too clear.
I am travelling overseas in a few days so I will give a try when I come back.
How are you finding your 550L?
Cheers mate!

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk
Old 04-18-2016, 08:59 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEORITY View Post
Hi Paolo! Still not there too. I used soko as a pitch gauge only (it was last Friday and I wanted to fly Saturday morning).
I am pretty sure there is something missing on the steps or perhaps not too clear.
I am travelling overseas in a few days so I will give a try when I come back.
How are you finding your 550L?
Cheers mate!

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk
Apart from crashing it yesterday. (Well, more correctly, IT crashed, I'm not certain I had much to do with it. After I take it apart I may know better. It certainly wasn't Pilot Error, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't Mechanics Error - I gave it a periodic maintenance on the weekend).

Apart from that, I'm really enjoying it. Still fly the 450Xs as well.

Still, I'll get a chance to use the Soko tool in Virtual Main shaft mode when I rebuild.

(very small silver lining on a pretty dark cloud )
Paolo
Old 04-30-2016, 03:58 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

I use the Soko Heli Toolbox app v2.1.1 to set up all my helis

Takes some getting used to at first but produces very reliable results.
Old 04-30-2016, 05:39 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have problems when it comes to changing the swash to grip links. I don't have turnbuckles so have to try and pop the link off, adjust the length, and pop it back on all without moving the Heli or I'll disrupt the VMS calculations (right?). At least it's improving my Jenga game.
numbermonkey is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2016, 06:02 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Understand. I was able to find turnbuckles for all my helis except my X5. I always use blue painters tape to secure my heli (tail fin and skids) to the surface it's on so it doesn't move. Note: One advantage to using the Soko Kit---especially large helis---is that blades are off during pitch configuration.

Attached is the BeastX-Soko kit pitch configuration procedure I used before the app and virtual main shaft feature were available. Always disconnect two motor wires before connecting the lipo to do your configuration
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	soko_desktop_icon.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	649947   Click image for larger version

Name:	start_screen.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	649948   Click image for larger version

Name:	ready.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	650012  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Soko-BeastX Pitch configuration v3.pdf (79.3 KB, 288 views)

Last edited by lmcwilli; 05-01-2016 at 08:19 AM..
lmcwilli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2017, 12:43 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Hi John,

TIA.
Paolo
Im having the exact same issue but with a Trex470L that actually has a leading blade and beastx. at this point I also just quit and go fly my heli. O and I followed all the methods posted here. funny how only 2 people are having the same problem with the tool.

Last edited by Delfin; 01-15-2017 at 04:32 PM..
Delfin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2017, 06:29 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi, I just did the whole SOKO/BEASTX setup process following Gyropilot's list below, but I still have some doubts… Please see my comments (in RED).
Please confirm if my conclusions/methodology are right.

Summarising SOKO main menu (refer to it within the text):

SOKO 1. Basic Values

SOKO 2. Mount Kit

SOKO 3. Virtual shaft (using phone app)

SOKO 4. Zero Pitch (Setup menu - corresponds to LED (G) - "Swashplate servo trim". Move the Tx rudder stick once either right or left to select one of the three cyclic servos. This will ACTIVATE all servo trim points)
SOKO 4.1. Safety
SOKO 4.2. FBL System
SOKO 4.3. Measurement
SOKO 4.4. Measurement
SOKO 4.5. Measurement
SOKO 4.6. Upper Linkage
SOKO 4.7. 1st Servo
SOKO 4.8. 2nd Servo
SOKO 4.9. 3rd Servo
SOKO 4.10. Repeat

SOKO 5. Full Pitch
SOKO 5.1. FBL System
SOKO 5.2. Position
SOKO 5.3. Collective + Pitch - Setup menu LED (K)
SOKO 5.4. Collective - Pitch - Setup menu LED (K)
SOKO 5.5. FBL System
SOKO 5.6. Cyclic Zero - Setup menu LED (J)
SOKO 5.7. Cyclic Pitch - Setup menu LED (L)???

SOKO 6. Blade Tracking

SOKO 7. Setup CoG

Gyropilot's List:

1. Remove the rotor blades and rotor head. DONE!

2. Power on Tx and then the AR7200BX FBL unit. DONE!

3. Do not move heli and wait for AR7200BX FBL unit to initialize. DONE!

4. Press and hold the AR7200BX setup button until LED (A) stops flashing and illuminates solid. Press the setup button repeatedly until LED (G) illuminates. The AR7200BX Status LED will be Off. DONE!

5. With all swashplate servo cables connected to the AR7200BX, the servos will be operating in their center (reference) unadjusted position. DONE!

6. Install all servo arms so each arm (or wheel) forms an angle as close to 90° as possible with each linkage rod. The angle will usually not be a perfect 90°. DONE!

7. Move the Tx rudder stick once to the right to select the ELEVATOR servo. The Status LED will illuminate PURPLE. DONE!

8. Move the Tx elevator stick forward and back to adjust the ELEVATOR servo arm to its exact center position in relation to its linkage rod. DONE!

9. Move the Tx rudder stick once more to the right to select the AILERON servo. The Status LED will illuminate RED. DONE!

10. Move the Tx elevator stick forward and back to adjust the AILERON servo arm to its exact center position in relation to its linkage rod. DONE!

11. Move the Tx rudder stick once more to the right to select the PITCH servo. The Status LED will illuminate BLUE. DONE!

12. Move the Tx elevator stick forward and back to adjust the PITCH servo arm to its exact center position in relation to its linkage rods. DONE!

13. Without changing anything on the AR7200BX, use a swashplate leveling tool to adjust the length of each swashplate linkage rod until the swashplate is exactly level in relation to the mast and the underside of the swashplate is 15mm above the top of the frame. DONE, BUT ON A 450L BIRD.

14. Push the setup button on the AR7200BX repeatedly to Setup menu point (N). When LED (N) is illuminated solid, quickly press the setup button to exit the setup menu. DONE!

15. Reinstall the rotor head and install the Soko-Heli tool kit into one of the blade grips. SOKO 2 - DONE USING A TRANSPARENT TRIANGLE RULER 45, 90, 45 DEGREES.

16. Follow the instructions in the Soko-Heli app for a VMS (Virtual Main Shaft). SOKO 3 - DONE!
When it comes time to adjust the swashplate level (SOKO 4), press and hold the AR7200BX setup button until LED (A) stops flashing and illuminates solid. Press the setup button repeatedly until LED (G) illuminates. Move the Tx rudder stick once either right or left to select one of the three cyclic servos. This will cause ALL cyclic servos to move to their previously adjusted (trimmed) positions. DONE!
Note: This is NOT the servo's default reference position.

17. When prompted by the Soko-Heli app (SOKO 4.7 to 4.9), adjust the length of the servo to swashplate linkage rods until no finer adjustment can be achieved. If needed, very fine adjustment (usually under 0.4°) can be made using Setup menu (G) in the AR7200BX. DONE WITH HELIOPTION TURNBUCKLES ON ALL SERVOS AND SWASH TO DFC BLADE GRIPS.

18. After adjusting the swashplate level in the Soko-Heli app, but before proceeding to the Soko-Heli collective pitch adjustment, press the AR7200BX setup button until LED (J) illuminates: "Teaching the Cyclic Pitch Geometry." ON CURRENT VERSION: “Swashplate servo throw” – corresponds to SOKO 5.6. DO THIS PROCESS ON BEASTX AND IGNORE THIS STEP IN THE SOKO APP???
CAUTION: Do not touch any stick on Tx when entering menu point (J). This will cause unwanted flight behaviour.

19. Move the rotor blade grips so that they are parallel to the tail boom (fore and aft in relation to the airframe).

20. Using the Soko-Heli pitch gauge for reference, move the Tx aileron stick left or right to tilt the blade grip exactly 6° either way. Be sure and take into consideration any tilt of the mast when calculating the target angle on the pitch gauge. LOOK AT THE SMALL NUMBERS ON THE SOKO PITCH GAUGE AND WHERE THE ANGLE IS FACING (LEFT OR RIGHT) AND ADD 6° ON TOP OF IT (E.G. IF 0.5° TO RIGHT, MOVE THE PITCH GAUGE TO THE RIGHT UNTIL YOU GET 6.5° AND STILL HAVE A BLUE LED ON BEASTX.
IMPORTANT: The Status LED should still be Blue at 6° of cyclic pitch. If the Status LED is Red, Purple or Off, you must mechanically adjust the helicopter. You can use:
A.) Shorter servo horns

B.) Shorter linkage balls on the inner swashplate ring or
C.) Longer blade grip linkage levers
If the pitch gauge has more than 6° of cyclic pitch, move the Tx aileron stick in the opposite direction until the pitch gauge is at 6°.

21. Release the Tx aileron stick and press the setup button once to enter setup menu point (K): Adjusting the Collective Pitch Range. ON CURRENT VERSION: “Collective pitch” - corresponds to SOKO 5.3 and 5.4.

22. Follow the instructions in the Soko-Heli app for computing the blade grip tilt angle for setting maximum and minimum collective pitch. Move the Tx pitch stick all the way up (full positive pitch) and stay there.
CAUTION: Do not use any pitch curves in your transmitter while adjusting the Collective Pitch Range. Doing so will result in unwanted flight behaviour.

23. Increase or decrease the maximum amount of positive pitch using the rudder stick until the blade grip pitch specified in the Soko-Heli app is achieved.

24. Move the pitch stick all the way down (full negative pitch).

25. Increase or decrease the maximum amount of negative pitch using the rudder stick until the blade grip pitch specified in the Soko-Heli app is achieved.

26. Push the setup button once to save the selection and move to menu point (L): Adjusting the Cyclic Swashplate Limit. ON CURRENT VERSION: “Swashplate servo limit” –SOKO 5.7 – CAN IT ALSO BE IGNORED ON THE SOKO APP AS IT IS DONE ON BEASTX???

27. Carefully move the Tx sticks for aileron, elevator and pitch to all maximum endpoints. Watch for binding or lack of movement in the swashplate, linkage rods, and servo arms. Move the rudder stick right or left to increase or decrease the aileron and elevator throw limiter to achieve the maximum possible cyclic throw without causing binding. 

28. The Status LED should still be Blue when the swashplate is at the maximum limit. If the Status LED is Purple or OFF, you must mechanically adjust the helicopter to increase the available throw.
IMPORTANT: If you make any modifications to menu points (G), (J) or (K) in the future, you must repeat menu point (L) again.

29. Push the setup button repeatedly to Setup menu point (N). When LED (N) is solid, quickly press the setup button to exit the menu.
NOTE: The AR7200BX will also automatically exit the menu after 4 minutes of inactivity, but will NOT automatically exit at points D, G, I and J to allow time for mechanical helicopter adjustments.

30. CAN IGNORE SOKO 5.6 AND 5.7 AND GO TO SOKO 6???

THANKS FOR YOUR INPUTS!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in