Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mSR X

mSR X Blade Micro SRX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2012, 02:26 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mammoth...n/photostream/

Xtreme Carbon Skid, RKH Blade Grip, RKH Swashplate, and MCPx Tail boom.

Last edited by mammothtarm; 02-24-2012 at 02:34 PM.. Reason: Need to embed a photo.
mammothtarm is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2012, 10:41 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here's a few current shots of my mSR X.

After breaking a few sets of blade grips I decided to give the RKH upgrade offering a shot. I am not a big fan of metal parts but this was a pretty decent upgrade. My only complaint is that the inside diameter was just a touch large which caused a vibration. I used a pair of white plastic washers (barely visible in the first shot) to space things out a touch.

I have also upgraded to the mCP X tail boom and tail rotor but I decided to keep the mSR X caged tail motor (I solder it to the mCP X wires). The tail boom and rotor made a massive improvement

In this shot you can see my motor heat sync and the wire mod that allows me to plug in the larger 200mAh batteries.

Trust me when I tell you that these minor improvements have made a massive difference. This heli is so much easier to fly, the battery lasts nearly twice as long and its very close to stock weight. Its yet to be seen if the motor lasts longer or not (I guess not) but it cant hurt.
Old 02-26-2012, 02:16 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Pic of MSR-X

Ordered new swashplate from Rakonheli. I have enough parts for 2 units now. I'll build an all white and silver one and then a red and black with original canopy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	District 3-20120217-00432.jpg
Views:	442
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	293473  
SteveOak is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2012, 04:50 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default NICE FOAM!

RCNet can you please tell us where you got the foam for you case. I have been looking for this everywhere. Nice set up!
Gunz45 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2012, 07:14 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

The foam came with the Harbor Freight case. I can't say it's the best quality cubed foam as I had to help it in places with a serrated bread knife, but all in all I'm happy with the results.

Here's a picture of the empty case.
DVC
RCNet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2012, 07:09 AM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default MSRX TDR

Fabbed up this one last night. Of course my transmitter batteries are dead so I CANNOT TESTFLY DAMMIT

Last edited by dr dremel; 03-03-2012 at 01:54 PM.. Reason: photolink dead
dr dremel is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2012, 04:16 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Lightbulb Nav lights

Bright micro green and red LEDs attached to landing gear. From behind you see the bright LEDs directly. From the sides and front of the heli you see the semi-transparent canopy lit from within.

The lights plug in between battery and heli's battery plug.

I set my timer to 4 minutes, never reached LVC, no loss of performance since adding the lights.

Lights help with orientation plus now I can fly at night, these lights illuminate an entire room!

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	techno01.jpg
Views:	2052
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	296987   Click image for larger version

Name:	techno02.jpg
Views:	2092
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	296988   Click image for larger version

Name:	techno03.jpg
Views:	2094
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	296989   Click image for larger version

Name:	techno04.jpg
Views:	2103
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	296990  
Technologist is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2012, 02:50 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sweet set-up techno! Do you have a link where you got the lights
JCarter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2012, 12:00 AM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCarter View Post
Sweet set-up techno! Do you have a link where you got the lights
It's not something I bought, it's something I made

Not too hard so far... the always-on navigation lights are just micro bright LEDs, the hardest part was finding the right plugs to tap the battery power (found them at HobbyKing). And soldering the very small pins, and making sure of polarity and that nothing gets short-circuited and fries a battery.

Now I am breadboarding a smoothly flashing strobe circuit that I'm gonna replicate with miniature components and hopefully add a strobe to my mSR X.

Without affecting weight or performance, of course

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	techno05.jpg
Views:	1847
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	298381  
Old 03-16-2012, 10:01 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Do you have a pic of where you are plugging into the board? I would love to have a set, especially once you get the strobe figured out!
Old 03-17-2012, 01:29 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here are a couple of pic of both of mine. Both have the MCPX tail ( one is turned backwards, bought it used that way, but I like it ) it also has the MH silver blade grips. The other is new and has not been flown. It has the RK red blade grips and MCPX tail and also the red main blades and tail rotor.
I am going to get the RK red head and the RK red swash for it also. I am going to save it until I learn to really be able to fly the other. I may also get the RK red & CF main frame here in a day or so.
Now I want to add the LED's like Technologist did ! Really looks good !
In these pics, I hadn't installed the MH silver blade grips yet. I also soldered on the battery plug-in that the MCPX uses so i can use the 200mah battery. Can't tell hardly any difference in the way it flies because of the little extra weight, and get longer flight times. Plus the 200 mah batteries are cheaper and easier to find.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCN1340 1.jpg
Views:	564
Size:	612.6 KB
ID:	299528   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1337 2.jpg
Views:	447
Size:	597.8 KB
ID:	299529  

Last edited by BigRHS; 03-20-2012 at 10:35 PM..
BigRHS is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2012, 06:13 PM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here's mine. Just when i thought I was done, the cf frame comes out
I wish someone would make an aftermaket canopy. If I can ever find a way to get the paint off the stock canopy, I will do a custom paint job and post more pics with it. Here is what mine has:

MH blade grips
MH head
MH mcpx boom
MH cf tail fin
Mcpx tail motor
Kbdd mcpx tail rotor
MH mcpx skids
RH swash
RH collar
Stock orange blades

Old 03-19-2012, 06:20 AM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just recieved my Rakon upgrades. Now he is offering a nice frame as well.

Seen my wallet?

Old 03-20-2012, 08:09 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCarter View Post
Do you have a pic of where you are plugging into the board? I would love to have a set, especially once you get the strobe figured out!
I'm not plugging into the heli 4-in-1 board, the lights are getting power being connected (in parallel) between the battery and the heli's regular battery plug. I didn't want to do anything to permanently affect my stock mSR X in case the lights didn't work out, took too much power, etc...

I found a "parkzone" battery adapter/extender cable on HK with male and female plugs, cut away the shrinkwrap and wire connecting the two plugs (to save on weight) and basically connected the female plug directly to the male plug's pins, with the LED's power wires connected there too... it's a tight fit and the pins are very small, I ruined a couple of pins with too much solder before I got the hang of it... so buy more than one battery extender :-)

And if you pull on the pins in the female plug, they come out of the plastic holder, so it's a bit easier to solder.

And as always, be careful of polarity and of potential short circuiting, else the battery may be damaged (burst into flames?!), and the heli too, if the battery is installed.

I got two red strobes working, with alternating fade-in and fade-out without using an IC. Gonna play around with a SMD version of the breadboarded circuit when I get the time.

Truth be told, the steady red and green LEDs are all you need (they help a lot with visibility and orientation), the strobes will just be bling...

I was thinking of a white light facing forward, but then again, I would be blinded everytime the heli turned face-in.

My NEXT project will be a cool turbine spin-up sound fx . Too bad with the mSR X the rotors start spinning pretty fast from lowest throttle, with my mCX 2 I can slooowly spin up one rotor and then the next, for a more scale startup...
Old 03-22-2012, 10:55 PM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

Heres mine with my newly installed Xtreme MSR canopy, drilled the 2 new holes and covered up the rest with the decals, came out nice.

I have on order -

Rakon Main Frame in Red
Xtreme mCPX Tubular Landing skids

Waynkel is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2012, 11:19 PM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

I love that canopy, I have to get one of some type. i am down to one now so I have to start looking. I was actually going to start a thread for everybody to tell what type of canopy they had and post a pic.
I would like to have something different but i just don't know what.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:22 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRHS View Post
I love that canopy, I have to get one of some type. i am down to one now so I have to start looking. I was actually going to start a thread for everybody to tell what type of canopy they had and post a pic.
I would like to have something different but i just don't know what.
I actually received mine today and when I opened it, it comes with both yellow version and white version decals. I was tempted to use the honeycomb yellow on the sides but wasn't quite sure how I would set it up, so I took the safe route with the blue ones. Perhaps you can consider this and make yours look different than the others?
Old 03-22-2012, 11:23 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynkel View Post
I actually received mine today and when I opened it, it comes with both yellow version and white version decals. I was tempted to use the honeycomb yellow on the sides but wasn't quite sure how I would set it up, so I took the safe route with the blue ones. Perhaps you can consider this and make yours look different than the others?
If you don't mind me asking, where did you get yours ?
Old 03-22-2012, 11:27 PM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRHS View Post
If you don't mind me asking, where did you get yours ?
SlickZERO SUPER cheap shipping with quick turnaround. It appears they are out of stock now though. Many vendors carry them, its just a matter of finding free or cheap shipping.

EDIT - Just got my Rakon Main Frame, so more pictures!

Last edited by Waynkel; 03-24-2012 at 07:24 PM..
Old 03-24-2012, 12:25 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here is one of my mSRX as a Super Puma.
Is a german kit.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	hsq-img-03961.jpg
Views:	421
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	301582   Click image for larger version

Name:	hsq-img-03963.jpg
Views:	405
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	301583  
Lupusprimus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in