Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > New Member Section

New Member Section If you are new to HF, please tell us a little bit about yourself. What Helis do you fly? You will find our community very friendly, why not break the ice and introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2017, 08:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default New member from Staten island

Hello all. I've been reading and I've made a few threads but have yet to introduce myself. Was into rc airplanes as a young teen but due to cost and travel restriction I couldn't do much. Over the past few years I've dabbled in rc cars. But just recently I've decided to jump back in with both feet. I picked up a used thunder tiger raptor 30 that was brand new, set up professionally and let sit in a garage for years.
. After a few spool ups, engine tuning and zoom flying. I had my first real hover.
The fact that parts are almost impossible to find has me fail to break anything but I'm going out again to do some hovering and maybe a few circuits. This. time WITHOUT THE TRAINING GEAR.
I've found the gear more of a nuisance than anything else. Coming apart in flight breaking off and unbalance g my machine.
Learning about here and having a blast.
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2017, 08:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by muaymendez View Post
I'm going out again to do some hovering and maybe a few circuits. This. time WITHOUT THE TRAINING GEAR.
I've found the gear more of a nuisance than anything else. Coming apart in flight breaking off and unbalance g my machine.
If you can hover comfortably tail in, it's time to ditch the gear. Since you are also doing circuits, it's DEFINITELY time to get rid of it.

If you don't have a simulator yet, that should be your next spend. You will benefit so much in the long run. Along with the sim, you will want to get into a structured training routine with Archmage's Tutorial Videos

Cheers, and welcome
Old 02-11-2017, 12:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

muaymendez,

Drop by SRW when the weather warms up, we're right across the VZ bridge.

David
dyuen888 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2017, 11:30 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default FYI...

Seaview Rotary Wings RC Helicopter Club of Planet Brooklyn NY proudly presents The Annual Spring Spool up.

The dates this year are April 22 and 23rd from 9AM to 5 PM @ our home field @ Calvert Vaux Park in Brooklyn's Graves End/Coney Island area. Landing fee of $25 for both days and food is available on premises.

This is an AMA field soooo AMA is required to fly. Spectators are always fee to attend. If you have anything you'd like to part with please bring it along. If you have anything that you can't quite get going; bring that along as well.
dyuen888 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in