Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Futaba Radios and Electronics > Futaba CGY750 FBL System

Futaba CGY750 FBL System Futaba CGY750 Help and features Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2011, 01:15 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by popokatepetl View Post
What do you think about these numbers?

AIL.Rate - 50% (9° on blades)
ELE.Rate - 60% (9° on blades)
PIT.Rate - 43% (12° on blades)

END points in radio 100/100

I already have the shortest balls on the swashplate inner circle and shortest servo horns. Only what I could do is the shortest balls on the swashplate (swashplate to the servos) but then I would have big delta. What do you think? Can I use it?
It's the TRex 700 V2 FBL head.
On a bigger heli you probably will want a bit more throw to help speed up your roll/flip rates but enough resolution to allow the CGY to work at its best. Chances are if you are very experience 3D pilot then it will be fine as long as you plan to be in the 10 to 11 degree range for cyclic.. If it were me I'd still try and get a little more resolution...aiming for 8 degrees of Ail above 46%AFR. What are your servo horn balls spaced at? Have yo moved your servo balls closer togethor yet? You may need to use different servo horns in order to get more resolutions..ones that will allow you to move your balls closer together just like mine are in the pic of my Fusion. The links will not be parallel and instead will look like a V. To give you and idea the stock servo ball spacing on the Outrages are 30mm, but in order to get optimal resolution for CGY or VBAR or even BeastX, they must be spaced at 20mm. If you have a spare set of Align Round servo horns, you should be able to experiment by drilling your own holes. The outer most holes measure at 30mm and the 2nd whole at 26mm. My guess is 22 to 24mm will do the trick for you then....assuming you are already 26mm apart. You are pretty close so they should only need to come closer together 1 to 2mm. I wouldnt touch your anything on your swash any further.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2011, 09:10 AM   #42 (permalink)
BD Forum Support

It's pushpull system and I already have the shortest horns possible. Only place where I can change the geometry is the balls on the swashplate (balls to the servos). I can use shorter ones but then I won't have it linear. Now that's the problem.
As I already said there are longer balls on the inner swashplate circle to the blade grips which I changed for the shortest one. I don't know how oher's handle it on 700 with default balls!!! Well it looks like I have no more options.
I would keep this 9 deg at 50% AIL.Rate and then lower the ANG.Rates for AIL and ELE in the Expert menu if the heli rotates too fast. What do you think about at?
I think 80% of the ANG.Rates in Expert would be somethink in balance with piro rate and resolution.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:30 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
It's pushpull system and I already have the shortest horns possible. Only place where I can change the geometry is the balls on the swashplate (balls to the servos). I can use shorter ones but then I won't have it linear. Now that's the problem.
As I already said there are longer balls on the inner swashplate circle to the blade grips which I changed for the shortest one. I don't know how oher's handle it on 700 with default balls!!! Well it looks like I have no more options.
I would keep this 9 deg at 50% AIL.Rate and then lower the ANG.Rates for AIL and ELE in the Expert menu if the heli rotates too fast. What do you think about at?
I think 80% of the ANG.Rates in Expert would be somethink in balance with piro rate and resolution.
I understand the 700 is push-pull as is my outrage and the way to get more resolution for optimal setup is to move the balls closer together on the servo horns only. This is commonly done for vbar with Trex600/700

take a look at my pic as reference. Post a pic of your setup. Which servo horns are you using.
Old 11-04-2011, 05:21 AM   #44 (permalink)
BD Forum Support

I'll try the one you have and let you know and post picts as well. Give me few hrs
popokatepetl is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2011, 02:27 PM   #45 (permalink)
BD Forum Support

Well I've used the same horns as you have and now it's: 55 AIL and 61 ELE with 8 deg
I don't know why I thought that such a short horns won't fit. My fault!

Thank you. I'm happy now.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:15 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Well I've used the same horns as you have and now it's: 55 AIL and 61 ELE with 8 deg
I don't know why I thought that such a short horns won't fit. My fault!

Thank you. I'm happy now.
If you want more throw just go out with the balls one 1 hole. What hole do have them on now?
Old 11-05-2011, 01:49 AM   #47 (permalink)
BD Forum Support

I have it in the middle one.
Those numbers looks OK so I keep it this way. What do you think?

I can't go one hole out as it would be even worse then the last time. The original Align's horn are righ in the middle between the middle and the outer hole on this plastic horns.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:48 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I have it in the middle one.
Those numbers looks OK so I keep it this way. What do you think?

I can't go one hole out as it would be even worse then the last time. The original Align's horn are righ in the middle between the middle and the outer hole on this plastic horns.
The numbers look good so long as it does not limit your cyclic in any way. Since it is 700 you may need more throw to speed up your roll/flips. Much depends though on the setup though. A good way to check is to set your Ail AFR to 65% and measure your throw. You will want to be able to get 11+ degrees for Ail. If you cant then you may want to look into undoing the changes you made to the swash and see if you can recover a little bit of throw. If it doesnt help then i would suggest trying it as is and see the performance...if cyclic is too slow then move the balls out 1 hole and try it like that.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:06 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Joe,

I would like to change the gears on this thread for a bit. I have a flybarred helicopter that I am converting to FBL. The new FBL head isn't in yet. I installed it anyway thinking that it would have to be better than the Align tail gyro.

I am setting up the tail limits and I cannot get the servo to stop binding. I went into the limit menu and decreased the values all the way down to 50% and it still binds in both directions. The manual says that 90 to 110 would be optimum. Any ideas?

an after thought: Stock servo horn with the ball all the way in.

TREX 450 Pro
Futaba 9CAP

Last edited by rightto360; 01-31-2012 at 05:18 PM.. Reason: added after thoughts
rightto360 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2012, 07:24 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Never mind Joe. I just had to move the ball link WAY in.

TREX 450 Pro
Futaba 9CAP
rightto360 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2012, 10:00 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1l View Post
Once your heli is flying the way you like, be sure to go back to the Swash Expert menu and perform the steps Outlined in the Linkage Compensation section (pg122-123), specifically removing the swash interactions. This will make your heli feel more precise.
How important is this in the early stages of tuning this controller?

- Josh
Old 07-17-2012, 06:44 AM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default cgy tipping

morning all ive just set up my trex600n the way joe has described but on first test flight today i found that the heli wanted to tip to the left just before take of so had to punch it up as it looked like it might tip right over, once in the air everything semed fine flew in nice straight lines tictoc ok and done nice straight rainbows , it did feel a bit twichy for me but not a problem i can soon alter the feel of it i think , any one has any idear what could be causing the tipping on take of problem
regards jason
jayjay8 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2012, 08:33 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Jason,
I'm using a Futaba radio so I boot the system in normal/Rate mode (for all gyros), once in the air, I then switch to AVCS mode.

Doug.
dvelez3 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2012, 03:37 AM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

im also on futaba radio so yes i could do that no problem i take it you had same problem
Old 07-18-2012, 06:44 AM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Actually no, I never had that with the 750. However, I had a few close calls with my BeastX on take-off. I learn with the Beast at always look at the swash to make sure is level. When I was doing the trim flight with the CGY750 I use rate mode and I just left it like that for normal mode.

Regards,
Doug.
dvelez3 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2012, 06:50 AM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default cgy tipping

well took the 600 up for another test flight i did take it of in normal mode but found on this set up it was very sensitive and twitchy and hard to control in a hover, but what i noticed that i said the other day it was tipping to the left looking more closely when spooling up it acturly dips its tail down first at about half throttle to the point were the tail fin it on the ground then when it gets light on the skids then it will tip a bit right till its off the ground so the problem is the heli tips back on take off and because the fin is pushing into the ground its this is whats causing it to tip sidewards so if i could sort the backword tipping problem out then i think it would take of level
ive tryed taking the heli to were i take it of and start it there so not to move it when its powered up the swash is alwayes level before take of but when ive landed the swash is always tilting backwards and a bit to the right , dont know if this is normal or not
regards jason
Old 07-20-2012, 11:27 AM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'd be willing to be you have either a high frequency vibration or something pulling on the sensor wire causing to think it's not level.
Old 08-01-2012, 04:39 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just wondering if anyone could update this thread with some info on tail setup please?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in