Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X

mCP X Blade Micro CPx Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2011, 04:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default mcpX vs 120SR

So fella's I have a 120SR that I'm getting uber frustrated with. The TBE, the pendulum issues and it just not responding in turns and such the way I feel it should. I know most of that has to do with the flybar design. Been flying it for about 3-4 months

so my question is what has been your experience going from the 120 to the mcpX? Giving serious consideration to trying one and would love some input.
kona0915 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2011, 05:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just went from the mSR to the mCPx and it doesn't exhibit the self correcting tendencies you mention. Very nice and responsive but you have be be on top of it at all times. Love the collective pitch and ability to use idle up like the bigger birds. Actually a little easier to fly than I expected from reading the forums.
Old 11-05-2011, 05:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I too went from msr to mcpx and it's a joy to fly. You have to take it slow when learning to fly mcpx or it will get away from you and crash. Best to learn to fly outdoors in a grass area to reduce damage as you will crash.
Ninja10 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2011, 05:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I went from the 120 to the mcpx and it was way easier for me to hover it because it didn't want to do the TBE at all. She just pretty much sat in a hover with little input. I think the mcpx is a good step from the 120
Old 11-05-2011, 05:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

+1 on Car Crazy's post. The 120SR is a good helop to learn on, the mcpx is a great jump up from the 120!
AfterTithes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2011, 07:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Coming from 120SR, once you start to get the hang of mCPx you will walk around with a smile on your face all day.
megawhacker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2011, 09:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Have them both, completely different characters. I like the 120 because it kind of lumbers along compared to the mCPX that can get out of shape in a hurry if you aren't careful. Of course, the TBE on the 120 is annoying and it can get pushed around by a breeze pretty easy, but still glad to have both.
Miami Son is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in