Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Helicopters > Atom 6HV, 6HVU and 550 Ultimate

Atom 6HV, 6HVU and 550 Ultimate Compass Atom 6HV, 6HVU and 550 Ultimate Model Helicopter Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2012, 08:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default I may be a hoarder

So... the guy that I bought my used 6HV kits from had a NIB sealed 6HV kit that he was also selling when I bought the used ones. The other day I noticed he updated the ad. To make a long story short, I have a brand new 6HV kit coming, should have it tomorrow. I think my coworkers may be getting ready to stage an intervention.
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2012, 10:05 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Awesome! Get an 11T Revco mod1 pinion for it. If you think it flies good on 10T......
Old 06-18-2012, 08:27 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckledragger View Post
So... the guy that I bought my used 6HV kits from had a NIB sealed 6HV kit that he was also selling when I bought the used ones. The other day I noticed he updated the ad. To make a long story short, I have a brand new 6HV kit coming, should have it tomorrow. I think my coworkers may be getting ready to stage an intervention.
I'll be contacting you if I can't get a part from Nankin
X5 - 550
TBur is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2012, 09:45 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Unfortunately, I've had three mechanical and/or electrical failures in the last couple of weeks and I'm going through parts like mad. Yesterday, my CC BEC Pro died during a low high-speed pass, destroying my third set of new blades in the last two weeks. I'm not sure what all else it broken yet because I was too mad to really look it over. That BEC is only about a month old and I bought it brand new.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:04 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Unfortunately, I've had three mechanical and/or electrical failures in the last couple of weeks and I'm going through parts like mad. Yesterday, my CC BEC Pro died during a low high-speed pass, destroying my third set of new blades in the last two weeks. I'm not sure what all else it broken yet because I was too mad to really look it over. That BEC is only about a month old and I bought it brand new.
Damn that sucks… ever consider a rx pack? I hate everything to be tied to the main packs no redundancy… I got a set of stock Compass blades and a crash kit I could lend you if need be…

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-18-2012, 10:10 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wow, that's really nice of you! Thanks for the offer but I actually do have spare parts to put it back together because I ordered a bunch from Nankin last week. I also still have that brand new kit in the box.

I'm looking at all my options for replacing that BEC right now. I'm just so steamed about it failing after only 60 flights, it's hard to decide what I want to do.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:19 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Wow, that's really nice of you! Thanks for the offer but I actually do have spare parts to put it back together because I ordered a bunch from Nankin last week. I also still have that brand new kit in the box.

I'm looking at all my options for replacing that BEC right now. I'm just so steamed about it failing after only 60 flights, it's hard to decide what I want to do.
Call Mike get him to hook you up with some rx packs. I got 2 2500 lipo rx packs from him awhile back you can rig them up for dual feed to your FBL controller/rx etc not sure what setup you have. I get maybe 8 flights per pack and is redundancy if something happens on motor side you still have the servos....
Old 06-18-2012, 10:26 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here is mine I have one feed to main rx and one to standalone FBL controller… completely seperate from motor and ESC…

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1340033191960.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	325394   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1340033203874.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	325395  
Old 06-19-2012, 09:19 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarpilot View Post
Here is mine I have one feed to main rx and one to standalone FBL controller… completely seperate from motor and ESC…

so both the rx, and bx etc doesnt might the high voltage?
I see from sig tha tyou have HV servos, sadly thoose are $$$
Old 06-19-2012, 12:12 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by andersn View Post
so both the rx, and bx etc doesnt might the high voltage?
I see from sig tha tyou have HV servos, sadly thoose are $$$
Yes the Rx and BeastX are both fine with 8.4v
Not pictured on the other side I have a regulator to bring voltage down to 6 for the tail servo which is not HV. I want to say guys running 6v servos with rx pack are using LiFe packs but not for sure maybe one of them will jump in mention there setup…

Old 06-19-2012, 01:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm thinking about going with one of the Life packs since it seems to be the most straightforward way to go with the servos I have. I would go Lipo but I have Align DS610 cyclic servos and a DS650 tail servo so I would have to regulate it for all of them.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:45 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I'm thinking about going with one of the Life packs since it seems to be the most straightforward way to go with the servos I have. I would go Lipo but I have Align DS610 cyclic servos and a DS650 tail servo so I would have to regulate it for all of them.
Ya I believe that's what the 6v guys use maybe Dom will chime in I think he has 610's as well…

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in