Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 120 SR

120 SR Blade (eFlite) 120 SR Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2012, 11:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default tbe on the 120 ?

Does the 120 suffer from this also - what are the 120 specific solutions?
Thanks
torg is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2012, 12:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by torg View Post
Thanks
If you have slop in any number of places in the head it will tend to hover in a circular motion but once you are moving around it's not that noticeable.

Balance bars get worn and can cause it.

If the fingers that hold the swash links or the pitch links get spread out in a crash that can cause it

If the holes in the main shaft get hogged out and the head can move around that can cause it.

Too much slop between the grips and the head can cause it.

I'm sure I missed some thing but those are the things I have found.

IF IT CAN'T BE FIXED WITH DENTAL FLOSS, THEN IT CAN'T BE FIXED..LOL
Liduno is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2012, 12:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

i find it likes to pendulam a bit (back and forth) in a hover, tbe's ever so slightly. both can be cured with a little touch to the rudder or the reverse direction touch on the ailerons (right stick, side to side). unless of course something is damaged/broken.
kaiser01 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2012, 07:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by torg View Post
Thanks
Everyu fixed pictchedd heli with a flybar, eventually suffers from TBE....TBE is the helis way of telling you that the rotor head needs to be rebuilt with new parts, including the flybar.

USAF RETIRED 1968-1988 Vietnam Veteran
Pfloyd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2012, 09:37 AM   #5 (permalink)

My 120 had been suffering from major TBE the last cpl of days so much so it was completely unflyable unless you were inside and just flew with the movement of the tbe. I figured it may be my 5 in 1 going again. But I sat down yesterday with a mission to fix it.. I ended up changing my anti rotation collar back to stock because I thought there was some slop in it. Didn't do anything after changing the whole head assembly and then I inspected it further and my servos were getting stuck. If I gave it full input it the servo would move to its position but when I let off it was sticking for about 7 seconds struggling to pull itself back. So I looked on YouTube and ended up taking the servos off my board and cleaning the contact with a que tip and alcohol. They were really black and gummy. But once I did that I adjusted the links to level the swash and then I took off and problem solved I was able to trim it out with 3 or 4 clicks
BeefKopter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2012, 11:33 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeefKopter View Post
My 120 had been suffering from major TBE the last cpl of days so much so it was completely unflyable unless you were inside and just flew with the movement of the tbe. I figured it may be my 5 in 1 going again. But I sat down yesterday with a mission to fix it.. I ended up changing my anti rotation collar back to stock because I thought there was some slop in it. Didn't do anything after changing the whole head assembly and then I inspected it further and my servos were getting stuck. If I gave it full input it the servo would move to its position but when I let off it was sticking for about 7 seconds struggling to pull itself back. So I looked on YouTube and ended up taking the servos off my board and cleaning the contact with a que tip and alcohol. They were really black and gummy. But once I did that I adjusted the links to level the swash and then I took off and problem solved I was able to trim it out with 3 or 4 clicks

If I may ask, how many flights did you have on it before you cleaned the PCB board?

Tedolph
Tedolph is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2012, 11:39 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedolph View Post
If I may ask, how many flights did you have on it before you cleaned the PCB board?

Tedolph
I haven't really kept count but I'd say easily 200+, that could be low too. I've been very aggressive with it lately also and put some lube on my linkages at one point which I'm assuming was a big part of my gummy servos
BeefKopter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in