Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Batteries and Charging Support > Brand Specific Charger and Battery Support

Brand Specific Charger and Battery Support Brand Specific Charger and Battery Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2011, 10:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Fair Warning Voltz 3s packs 35 and 45C, and Turnigy 35C nanotech not strong

Just wanted to send a shout out to people here to possibly stay away from Voltz 3s packs. I know they are kinda hit and miss with larger sizes, but these I got around Jan of this year, one 35C 2200 and one 45C 2200 are pretty much useless to me other than warm up packs.

They each have about 15 cycles on them. The 45C is actually worse. Cell IR's are 6.x, 6.x and 12. The 35C pack is 6.5, 8.1, and 6.6 for cell IR. Both are marginal for power and I would consider maybe on part with a 30C turnigy pack. I have a few other packs I'm testing as well currently, as well as some packs coming that I'm going to test. the voltz are coming in last place so far. Just ahead of some Turnigy 35C nano techs which are marginal as well.

Best packs I've used so far are the Spider 2200mah's(average 3-4mOhm cell resistance) and the Outrage NRG 35c 2200mah packs(average 3.5-4mOhm cell resistence). I have some Turnigy 40C, TP 65C, and Gens Ace 55C that I either have inbound or plan to order as well.
My "Theory" is that the Turnigy 40C's will be about on par with the NRG's I have, but cheaper. I think the TP65 and Gen's Ace will be probably the Best along with the Spyders(Eric Brandenburgs-used to test). The TP65 should be best by far considering price, but my best guess is they might be a hair better than the Spyder or Gens Ace, but not considerably. We'll see, will be fun to test .

Setup is
450pro FBL conversion
Beast X
Scorpion 2221-6 and 10th pinion
Castle ICE50 ESC w/ HS goverened to about 2800-3000rpm depending on my mood and what I'm trying to work on.

Subjectively, the Voltz and Turnigy Nanotech are IMO ok for sport flying and mild 3d. For harder 3d they all heat up and the 45C Voltz and Turnigy will puff at the end of flight if pushed hard in the last minute. Resting voltage is 3.7-3.75v plus, so it's no an over discharge issue for puffing. Power drops off considerably after the first 30 seconds to one minute, making aggressive power moves difficult with these packs.

On my data logs: You can see alot more variation with these packs vs the better ones I have.

This post isn't meant to be a great scientific experiment, but mainly a fair warning to fellow pilots who may be considering these for purchase. I'm not saying NOT to purchase them. ReadyHeli is a GREAT shop and I will continue to support them in many ways, but I can't in good conscience say that the Voltz are good batteries. At least not the ones I got, maybe they will change for the better. Turnigy Nanotechs. Well, they are cheap china stuff, so it's a bit of a gamble there. I have had better luck with the regular Turnigy's myself and will avoid Nanotechs in the future until they are more mature and can perform better etc...

Hope this helps some people
Scorpion Power Systems/Batteries
Spartan RC
John Cook is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2011, 12:54 AM   #2 (permalink)

Wow, I heard VOLTZ were cheap packs relabeled, I also read that Pulse packs are rebadged Voltz batteries. Their is a guy that flies at my field, he has all sorts of high end and cheap 6S batterie, he says that Voltz lipos can not compare to thunder Power, flightpower, or even Turnigy's.
gimbles is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2011, 03:29 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have been using the voltz 850 35c 3s 25 cycles each and one flightmax and all are performing well, just like new.
Old 11-11-2011, 06:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...ght=vote+voltz

Logo 480 / Logo 600sx / Logo 690 / Logo 700 / Vbar Control
Mentalic is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2011, 04:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nanotechs are crap. great for hovering, but for sportsflying or 3d, they will puff after 50 flights or so. tried the 25,35,45 and even the 65C.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

i got the 6s 3300 voltz packs and i have 35 cycles on them that i run is pairs on my 6hv and fusion 50 and now noticing they don't have the power they used to have on the first 15 cycles i did..will never buy them again... gotta find a new brand to try
Fusion 50 9080/9088 Beast X
Velocity 50n 9080/9088 VbarSAB Goblin 9180/9188 Kontronik helijive Coming soon
AnTi Taco is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2011, 10:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ive got 2 Volts 6s with a bad cell in each, not many cycles on them, gonna try el cheapo Blue lipos that way I wont feel bad tossing them.
Old 11-18-2011, 02:30 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Both of you: Try the Gens Ace. have a set with 80 cycles now, charged at 5c always, always flown to 20%(or less.. lol) and they are still good, and give good power.
Old 11-18-2011, 02:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

+1 on that!
beeflyer2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2011, 06:35 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

all batterys are crap if you ask me.........

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in