Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > HeliDirect

HeliDirect HeliDirect HDX300, 450, 500, 550, 600 Factory Sponsored Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2014, 11:51 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Out Of Stock!

This applies to all of the places I go to; however, I didn't see a general forum to post in.

I want to first commend the customer service reps as I have gotten OUTSTANDING customer service from HeliDirect and all others when I need help and I can't thank the customer service reps enough! My hat is off to all of you!

However,

I'm frustrated! I haven't been in the hobby very long but I am familiar with the retail business. I don't understand why everything is always out of stock and how places keep their doors open??? I crash and need parts....out of stock. I want a new kit.....out of stock. Need FBL....out of stock....Tx, Rx, Gov. Cable, Servos: all out of stock.

At present I'm flying a cracked frame because, you guessed it, it's out of stock. I went without a bluetooth to setup (I don't have a windows laptop) my FBLs for months....out of stock. I now need to replace the radius arms and some of the ball links on the swash and blade grips because they are to loose. I go to the site <click> and, well, need I say again..........................out of stock....

I get store credit or sales roll around but it doesn't matter when what I need/want is out of stock.

Free shipping on orders over a certain amount may be offered. That's a good deal and certainly incentive to make a higher purchase. But, again, your order doesn't total the specified amount because everything is out of stock, which drives you to order from multiple places and pay the shipping anyway if you don't need a big ticket item, i.e. a kit. It would be nice to order from one place.

It's very frustrating when I click on the link thinking I'll be able to fix my bird before the weekend to fly on Sunday and the item is out of stock..........................I just don't understand why??? Is there that big of a demand for parts and kits? Are the manufactures not producing? Where is the breakdown?

From a business standpoint this deficiency can't increase profits......If you don't have it to sell, you can't sell it and make a dollar but the rent and other bills are still due.

I'll get down off my soap box now.......................Just my 2 cents.

Synergy N5c: OS 55HZ-R, Hatori, Futaba, CGY750
Futaba T18SZ
HeliDinoRC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2014, 09:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

It is my understanding that retailers are held hostage by the manufacturers not being able to manufacture a new batch of the parts in a timely manner.
Amain Team Pilot
jhamel is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2014, 12:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliDinoRC View Post
This applies to all of the places I go to; however, I didn't see a general forum to post in.

I want to first commend the customer service reps as I have gotten OUTSTANDING customer service from HeliDirect and all others when I need help and I can't thank the customer service reps enough! My hat is off to all of you!

However,

I'm frustrated! I haven't been in the hobby very long but I am familiar with the retail business. I don't understand why everything is always out of stock and how places keep their doors open??? I crash and need parts....out of stock. I want a new kit.....out of stock. Need FBL....out of stock....Tx, Rx, Gov. Cable, Servos: all out of stock.

At present I'm flying a cracked frame because, you guessed it, it's out of stock. I went without a bluetooth to setup (I don't have a windows laptop) my FBLs for months....out of stock. I now need to replace the radius arms and some of the ball links on the swash and blade grips because they are to loose. I go to the site <click> and, well, need I say again..........................out of stock....

I get store credit or sales roll around but it doesn't matter when what I need/want is out of stock.

Free shipping on orders over a certain amount may be offered. That's a good deal and certainly incentive to make a higher purchase. But, again, your order doesn't total the specified amount because everything is out of stock, which drives you to order from multiple places and pay the shipping anyway if you don't need a big ticket item, i.e. a kit. It would be nice to order from one place.

It's very frustrating when I click on the link thinking I'll be able to fix my bird before the weekend to fly on Sunday and the item is out of stock..........................I just don't understand why??? Is there that big of a demand for parts and kits? Are the manufactures not producing? Where is the breakdown?

From a business standpoint this deficiency can't increase profits......If you don't have it to sell, you can't sell it and make a dollar but the rent and other bills are still due.

I'll get down off my soap box now.......................Just my 2 cents.
HeliDinoRC,

Thanks for the message, and so sorry about any out of stock issues. Just like you, we are also frustrated when parts are out of stock, as we work very hard to maintain proper stock levels. Our purchasing team is always proactively making orders to keep stock levels consistent, but there are always times where this is not 100% possible across the board - mainly due to vendors that we purchase from shipping slower than anticipated.

Also, with IRCHA just ending, we encountered massive stock fluctuations, but we are now seeing things stabilize, so I truly hope you are able to find the parts you need. However, if you are in need of specific feedback regarding a part ETA, please reach out to us via our help desk, and we will be sure to take a close look at what you need so we can keep you up to date.

Hope we can get you flying soon! :-)

Sincerely, Larry Haley - HeliDirect Supervisor
Old 08-15-2014, 10:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's the nature of the hobby, when I got into hobby cars and planes 30 years ago, it was the same story, out of stock, back then things were much worse, out of stock for months at a time, and we didn't have all the other online shops to buy from. You have to get use to it and accept it or it will drive you crazy.
RedJoE is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2014, 01:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rare Bear View Post
HeliDinoRC,

Thanks for the message, and so sorry about any out of stock issues. Just like you, we are also frustrated when parts are out of stock, as we work very hard to maintain proper stock levels. Our purchasing team is always proactively making orders to keep stock levels consistent, but there are always times where this is not 100% possible across the board - mainly due to vendors that we purchase from shipping slower than anticipated.

Also, with IRCHA just ending, we encountered massive stock fluctuations, but we are now seeing things stabilize, so I truly hope you are able to find the parts you need. However, if you are in need of specific feedback regarding a part ETA, please reach out to us via our help desk, and we will be sure to take a close look at what you need so we can keep you up to date.

Hope we can get you flying soon! :-)

Sincerely, Larry Haley - HeliDirect Supervisor
Thanks for the response, Larry. The above being the case it must be very frustrating for you. As I mentioned, your team is exemplary when it comes to customer service and you have a loyal customer in me. Just an update: Although, I was not able to order the frame from you, I thought I would let you know my new frame will be delivered this week and I will be back in the air next weenend!

Thanks again, Larry!

Dean

Futaba T18SZ
Old 08-16-2014, 01:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJoE View Post
It's the nature of the hobby, when I got into hobby cars and planes 30 years ago, it was the same story, out of stock, back then things were much worse, out of stock for months at a time, and we didn't have all the other online shops to buy from. You have to get use to it and accept it or it will drive you crazy.
You're right, Red JoE! I love flying to much to let it get me down!

Futaba T18SZ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in