Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Electric Helicopters

600 Class Electric Helicopters 600 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2010, 07:51 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Two General questions about flybarless

1. Would a semi-newbie like me find any benefit from switching TO flybarless ? I am working on nose in hovering..thats as far as I have gotten.

2. How do flybarless systems works on autorotations..With less inertia wouldnt that pose a problem ?
SkinWalk3r is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2010, 12:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

fly barless is goo but diff to fly form what i here but if i was you i would learn to flying till you feel good flying the heli
Old 03-07-2010, 02:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
fly barless is goo but diff to fly form what i here but if i was you i would learn to flying till you feel good flying the heli

"i speak good england i does"

Last edited by DarkTherapy; 03-07-2010 at 02:41 PM.. Reason: typo
DarkTherapy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2010, 03:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkTherapy View Post
"i speak good england i does"
whats that mean ?
Old 03-07-2010, 04:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by minititinflyer View Post
whats that mean ?
I think he is picking on your typos and sentence structure....don't take it seriously
SkinWalk3r is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2010, 05:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinWalk3r View Post
1. Would a semi-newbie like me find any benefit from switching TO flybarless ? I am working on nose in hovering..thats as far as I have gotten.

2. How do flybarless systems works on autorotations..With less inertia wouldnt that pose a problem ?
The benefits of flybarless apply to any skill level.
In some ways, it may actually be better for the beginner (or sem-newbie ) because the mechanical setup with flybar systems is fairly complicated and requires more precision than most newbies are willing (or able) to apply. The v-bar is also complicated, but it is also VERY sophisticated. Simpler systems, like the Align are much easier to setup by comparison to the flybar mechanics.
Crashes will be cheaper as you have a lower part count.
Efficiency is better, run times are better, power is better, tunability is better...
The best and shortest description of flybarless in regards to "feel" is... precision. There is no averaging or buffering of inputs. Video game like by comparison.

Flybarless auto rotations will initially be tougher. Especially if you already have a lot of experience with autos. Unlike flybar'd helis, headspeed make no difference in roll rate with flybarless. So if you are used to the dead, slow feel of autorotating, it may catch you off guard when the heli is still very active just before touching down. I almost flipped my several times even after the skids were down. Now its not a problem at all and I find that the extra maneuverability is a benefit during autos.
teshreve is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2010, 02:19 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

the align 3g unit flIes as if it is got a flyar (but none present) so no relearning needed. i have a 7 helies of all sises dome FBL some with FB so i know the difference in 3D and basic hovering etc. Vbar is very different (i dont like it...may as well go unasisted FBL)

agree that autorotation sux on FBL! I just dont do them anymore, even on the 600.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in