Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2015, 05:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 450 help

I bought a Align 450L and have had nothing but problems out of the 3gx. Binding problems, etc. Never been powered where I could even try the servos. Anyway, what would be a good inexpensive gyro to replace the 3gx? Or, do I really need it when I'm not going to do 3D. If I can't change to another cheap gyro or do without one I'll get rid of it and go back to Blade products. Any help would be great...
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2015, 07:02 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

There have been a lot of used mini-vbar a up for sale on the forum. A lot of folks are upgrading to the neo, I think. You may be able to get a beastx used for around $90-100. Even Ikons are coming down in price.

I have a eznov neuron that is selling for $150 new. It has worked great for me.

If you are flybarless, you will need a fbl gyro. I don't think you can really fly without one, 3d or not.
Oxy 2, Gaui X3 #1, Protos 380, Gaui X5, Synergy 766, Specter 700
Oxy 2/X3/Protos 380/X5/766/Specter 700 Consecutive Successful Flights (Current) = 32/16/12/145/7/50
Consecutive Successful Flights (Max) = 145
macdad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2015, 07:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I have a " L dominator" so I guess I'll start looking. Which online store has the best selection?
Old 09-24-2015, 08:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

A couple good sites:

helidirect.com
Amain.com
Experiencerc.com

To name a few. The FBL Controller that you use is independent of the helicopter that you have. It is up to you to choose the one that has the features you want and the price that fits your budget.

For example, the Beastx and 3gx are usually programmed with a push button and blinking lights. A lot of other controllers (vbar, ikon, spirit, eznov etc) use a usb connection and computer software to setup. Many can also have a bluetooth module attached and program through an app.

The options and choices can be a bit daunting, but there is a lot of support here for almost every controller out there.
Oxy 2, Gaui X3 #1, Protos 380, Gaui X5, Synergy 766, Specter 700
Oxy 2/X3/Protos 380/X5/766/Specter 700 Consecutive Successful Flights (Current) = 32/16/12/145/7/50
Consecutive Successful Flights (Max) = 145
macdad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2015, 09:56 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdad View Post
I don't think you can really fly without one, 3d or not.
Yeah, you can, it's called no bar, and it's hard. Very hard.
newbheliusr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2015, 09:57 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Personally, if you just need a decent fbl gyro, look for an ar7200bx in the for sale section. You can get them a lot cheaper than a new one. No computer needed for setup.
newbheliusr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2015, 10:06 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

The Align Gpro is a fantastic option as well super cheap to pick up pulled from kits on ebay or here. Probably in the $50-$80 range. and the software is identical to the VBar.
Old 09-24-2015, 07:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm a nooby too.
I am looking at either the Micro Brain or its cousin the Micro Ikon. Both have bailout and easy programming software. Actually written in English and not Chinglish. Nothing stolen from other companies like most clones. Some in the flybarless section say it does not have a governor. Not a deal breaker for me. I don't do 3D or stunts. Just hover around and circles and figure 8s.
Pete
Old 09-24-2015, 07:43 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 450 help

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbheliusr View Post
Personally, if you just need a decent fbl gyro, look for an ar7200bx in the for sale section. You can get them a lot cheaper than a new one. No computer needed for setup.

+1 on the AR7200bx. The setup is straight forward and the manual is written pretty well. The 3gx I found confusing the first time I set it up with the manual.

You should be able to buy a used ar7200 for around $100 on here. You could probably sell your 3gx for $40 - 50 on here to help off set the cost.
CrashNburn420 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2015, 11:05 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

The micros may sound good but you need adaptor cables to run the servos for a 450 in which ive heard are very brittle. I would look through some of the options out there and maybe watch some videos on how they operate. YouTube has alot of those. I use the ar7200bx on my 250 and vbar on my 450s. I personally like thw option to see the setup through the computer and the wizards that show you what to do instead of reading a pamphlet or manual. I also like the bluetooth option because I just bring out my phone and I can see all that's going on with my vbar and make changes if I want right there on the spot. It also has vibration analysis and logging. I havent tried any of the other fbl gyros yet but may further down the line. But check out the forums, read what they offer and see if they are in your price range. And like mentioned above, many times you can get the one your looking for here on the fs forum for cheap and in most cases, like new.

(I.Y.A.O.Y.A.S.)
alyon187 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2015, 09:59 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default 450 help

thanks everyone for the tips. I gotta start searching now..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in