Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Futaba Radios and Electronics > 2.4G Futaba Radios

2.4G Futaba Radios Futaba 2.4G Radio Help and support forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2009, 04:38 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Trex 600 ESP w/ Futaba 10CHP

i dont know if im posting this on the right thread. i have the new 10c and i have the trex 600 Electric heli and im confused about the throttle and pitch curve. i know that when i setup the heli i had to REVERSE the throttle. now im confused that if i mess up on the throttle my heli is going to take off. and as for the pitch curve is that reverse as well being i had to reverse the throttle on the ESC.

can someone help me because i dont want to mess with the throttle curve, the pitch curve i did already i made it -5 +5 -10 on the pitch. the throttle im scared to adjust the fact that i can get hurt. because on low stick the setting on the throttle is on 100 low, 50 mid, and high stick is 0
HeLiJerSey is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2009, 10:11 AM   #2 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Maybe someone that is more familar with Electric models will chime in. But your safe messing with the throttle curve as for reversing it and such. I don't believe the ESC you have will allow power to the motor till the ESC has been initialized correctly. For example if you turn the tranny on and the throttle stick is at full throttle ppsition and then you power up the heli. The ESC will not initialize till the throttle stick is lowered to low throttle postion and the ESC should beep a few beeps when it is ready.

David
DavidH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2009, 01:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

actually david first off thanks for your support. i actually played with the throttle cuve lastnight in a lil parking lot. i have a futaba radio which i have to reverse the throttle. i dont know if all electrics you have to do that to but i have a ALign heli so i watched finless videos and he was right i had to switch the throttle.
futaba radios has 7 point throttle being point 7 is set at 100 but the stcik is reverse which should be at 0. now the point again are from 7-0, so i watch the throttle curve and at point 4 is the midstick so being that throttle is revese i made it 10 which is really 90 percent throttle. sounds confusing. but if your curious reverse your throttle on the radio and you`ll see what im talking about. all i had to do is use my math skills.
so if i set the radio to 10% at point 4 its reading 90%, 20% at point 3 its reading 80% its weird but i have to due it that way being everything is reverse....lol
Old 02-23-2009, 09:57 AM   #4 (permalink)

My HF Map location

The 10C you have has reversing for all the channels. So instead of changing the numbers in the throttle curve, why don't you just go in the reversing menu in the transmitter and reverse the throttle channel.

The 10C even has a function where you can reverse the operation of the throttle/collective stick.

http://manuals.hobbico.com/fut/10c-2_4ghz-manual.pdf
Page 38 of the manual explains how to reverse servos/ controls

Page 17 explains how to reverse the mode on the throttle/collective stick.

David
DavidH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2009, 08:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
tgo
Registered Users

Like David said, you shoud go the servo reverse and reverse the throttle channel. For a safety measure, I would advise you to remove the pinion gear from the motor, reinstall it after you completed all the setup.

If the pitch goes into the wrong direction, go to swash AFR menu, if the pitch is +60, change it to -60 or vice versa.

TGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeLiJerSey View Post
actually david first off thanks for your support. i actually played with the throttle cuve lastnight in a lil parking lot. i have a futaba radio which i have to reverse the throttle. i dont know if all electrics you have to do that to but i have a ALign heli so i watched finless videos and he was right i had to switch the throttle.
futaba radios has 7 point throttle being point 7 is set at 100 but the stcik is reverse which should be at 0. now the point again are from 7-0, so i watch the throttle curve and at point 4 is the midstick so being that throttle is revese i made it 10 which is really 90 percent throttle. sounds confusing. but if your curious reverse your throttle on the radio and you`ll see what im talking about. all i had to do is use my math skills.
so if i set the radio to 10% at point 4 its reading 90%, 20% at point 3 its reading 80% its weird but i have to due it that way being everything is reverse....lol
tgo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2009, 09:07 PM   #6 (permalink)

i tried reversing the throttle. and i even did the pitch. it doesnt work whats so ever. i called futaba today and i told them. my low stick reads point 7 on the throttle curve is there a way of reading to point 0. they said no there is no way. anyways i tried that and the throttle still goes to point 7 which it reads high when the stick is on low.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
tgo
Registered Users

can you take some photos and post them here ?

TGO

Quote:
i tried reversing the throttle. and i even did the pitch. it doesnt work whats so ever. i called futaba today and i told them. my low stick reads point 7 on the throttle curve is there a way of reading to point 0. they said no there is no way. anyways i tried that and the throttle still goes to point 7 which it reads high when the stick is on low.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:26 PM   #8 (permalink)

here is the pic the one thats point 7 is on low stick but reading 100 (left pic).
and point 0 is on high stick.(right pic)

i hope this helps
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fut 001.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	83698   Click image for larger version

Name:	fut 002.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	83699  
Old 02-23-2009, 09:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I just received my 10C and it's working correctly, There is a service menu accessed by holding the mode and end buttons down while powering on the radio. There is a throttle reverse function in that menu also. Mine is set to THR-REV>NOR, STK-mode>2, TM10-MODE>General. This could be set wrong???

T-rex 450se v1, T-rex 450se v2, Walker 60 (toast), Blade CP (retired), Blade CX2,
Horizon PTU, T-rex 500x2
rhirsch1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2009, 09:37 PM   #10 (permalink)

well i have the trex 600 ESP with the 100 amp ESC. i dont if it makes a difference. i watch finless bob and on his video he says to reverse the THR-REV. when i went to go setup and it was set to normal. but the ESC intialized it as being on high stick and started to program or went to program mode.

are you using the 10c with your trex 450?
Old 02-23-2009, 09:53 PM   #11 (permalink)
tgo
Registered Users

Nothing wrong with the radio !

that means you have set point 7 to 100% throttle when your stick move to this point !

you should refer to numbers under the throttle curve, i.e S:0 O:0, S stands for your stick position, O is the output postion. from your image, S:0 O:0 means your stick at position 0 and the output is 0 too.... if your motor runs, you should go to the servo reverse menu and reverse the throttle channel, all problems will be fixed !

the highlighted 100% in your left photo means you selected point 7 for edit only ! if you change 100% to 90%, means when your stick to to point 7, the throttle will be open to 90% only.

TGO

Quote:
here is the pic the one thats point 7 is on low stick but reading 100 (left pic).
and point 0 is on high stick.(right pic)

i hope this helps
Old 02-23-2009, 09:59 PM   #12 (permalink)

did you have reverse yours as well. and it worked
Old 02-23-2009, 10:10 PM   #13 (permalink)
tgo
Registered Users

Yes, basically if you're using Futaba, you almost need to reverse the throttle channel for 99% of the ESCs

TGO

Quote:
did you have reverse yours as well. and it worked
Old 02-23-2009, 10:34 PM   #14 (permalink)

im just going by finless bob`s videos. i hope it works thanks
Old 03-03-2009, 12:17 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a 7CH and my throttle is set to Normal.

Yes. I have a Trex 600e

Harry
Air Thunder 6s 5,000
XCell "red label" optical tachometer
Old Sloppy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2009, 11:45 AM   #16 (permalink)

thats weird old sloppy infinless bob`s videos he said the THR-REV setting has to be reverse and its true because the ESC will recognize it as high stick when the transmitter itself is on low so your force to reverse the setting. i guess your the lucky one. do you have the original ESC for the 600E
Old 03-14-2009, 11:26 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

the thr-rev minu in the system screen (the one you get to when you hold the wheel in and turn the radio on should be on normal, and in the reverse menu in the basic menu that you enter while the radio is on by pushing the mode button should be set to rev. is this how you have it?
Old 03-14-2009, 11:33 AM   #18 (permalink)

THR-REv is REV.....basic menu is set to normal...i just put in the HV 110 and same thing i called castle creations and they said its like the align esc you have to put it on reverse.
Old 03-14-2009, 11:35 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

i think it would make your life easier to do that the other way around. leave the thr-rev normal and just reverse the channel on the throttle in the basic menu
Old 03-14-2009, 11:53 AM   #20 (permalink)

you think that works....and if i do that will the throttle curve be reverse as well. or will it be on normal where the #`s arent backwards...now i have it set to reverse on the special menu and if i want 70% its set to 30%

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in