Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mSR X

mSR X Blade Micro SRX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2012, 09:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Best "all around" battery charger?

Hey guys not sure if theres any threads out there about this, but if there are I apparently haven't searched hard enough....

So basically I want to know what the best charger for me would be that can handle my mSR X batteries, CX2 Batteries, and mCP X Batteries (once my brushless mSR X build is done - thanks Burnoutboy!). I want to be able to charge multiple batteries at once for each bird to stay airborn so what kind of leads/balancers would I need to buy for each also? I want something relatively inexpensive but reliable, portable, and relatively quick charge times (or at least quicker than the stock chargers). Thanks!
murderisthegame is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2012, 10:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you dont plan on progressing past micros then i would recommend the venom pro charger. However, anything past a 3 cell battery and you will find that it just isnt up to the task. You will need to find and purchase the appropriate parallel charge cables online. Most can be found on hobbyking for cheap.
fuzzyllamma is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2012, 11:30 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyllamma View Post
If you dont plan on progressing past micros then i would recommend the venom pro charger. However, anything past a 3 cell battery and you will find that it just isnt up to the task. You will need to find and purchase the appropriate parallel charge cables online. Most can be found on hobbyking for cheap.
Just looked up the Venom Pro and they claim accepts anything up to 6 cells... sounds like a pretty good deal to me cause it also looks pretty compact!
Old 07-11-2012, 12:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

It will charge up to 6 cell packs but it is very limited as far as output. It is only capable of charging those 6 cell packs at 2.2 amps. Like i said, it is great for charging micro batteries because it is capable of small charging - i use one when i take my mcpx and other micros - but if you progress past the micros to even a 450, i would recommend forking out the cash now for an icharger 206 or 208 with a 350w or 500w power supply. A great website to buy charging combos is progressiveRC. When i bought my 600 i couldnt wait an hour for 1 6s battery to charge
fuzzyllamma is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2012, 12:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've have been using an imax b6ac charger. It includes the power supply. I use it for the msrx, mcpx and 450x. There is also a bunch of cables included with the charger. But you will still need to purchae a parallel and/or serial charger cable

Here's a link: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=6478

You'll find them on ebay as well.

But I did just upgrade to an icharger 206, for more charging capacity, plus to get the IR readings for my current batteries. I got that at epbibby.com
ronj is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2012, 02:03 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have the Sky Charger.
I love it and it doesn't cost a fortune either. It will charge anything from 1s up to a 6s and it comes with it's own power supply and also has the adapters that will let you use it at the field using a 12 volt battery.
It also comes with just about any adapter you will need, and it has the built in serial ports.
here is a link so you can check it out. It sells for $59.95
http://www.hobbypartz.com/skychb6chdup.html
Old 07-12-2012, 02:47 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Personally, I love my hyperion. 710 net model. Will charge up to 7s at 5c and discharge at 50 Watts I think.
Awesome software suite and firmware updates from time to time. Have some other models as well, that may be more suited to you. For diff batteries you just need the correct balance board. Most models are very compact as well. Mine is about 6"square x 2.5"high.

Steve

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Steve
Iceberg86300 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2012, 02:52 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I charger 106b. Its a good entry level real charger.

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using Tapatalk 2
ertpecs is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2012, 07:19 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I use one of the turnigy accucel-6 chargers from hobbyking. Plug into a laptop power supply, wire up your own parallel charge board, nice cheap and fast charging. Biggest battery I fly regularly is the hyp550, and I can charge 6 of those simultaneously at 6amps (about 2C charge rate).
200QX - Bone Stock
Naito is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2012, 07:52 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hahaha lots of great choices out there it looks like, keep them coming!
Old 07-18-2012, 02:08 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Anyone out there use an iMax B6? They're very affordable and it looks like it will do about anything, I know nothing about these chargers so I am still in a bind with this. You guys gave me some great choices but I also need to know what kind of leads/adapters I am going to need for CX2, mSR X, and mCP X batteries to cover everything I use. Again I'm looking for compact, affordable, and fast/accurate charging. So far my favorites are Turningy Accucel 6 or iMax B6.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in