Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Audacity

Audacity Audacity Pantera Helicopters Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2016, 11:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default B-105 Scale project

So here's a thought.....I've been looking at the red bull b105 600 size fuselage at rc aerodyne and thought how cool it would be wrapped around a P6, 2 stage elect, with my quattro head on top. Only problem is the TR is raised at a 45. It is meant to run a "trex 600 TT mechanics" with a drive offset to drive the TR. wonder if there would be a way to get the panteras longer belt ran up there? Thinking of a new build, thoughts, good/bad etc....please share! Gotta be a way to do it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2016, 07:24 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

You'd be better off with a 700-size build instead of a 600. Easier to see, easier to work on, and a more impressive sized.

As for the tail, I've thoughts regarding an upswept belt-drive tail conversion. Thing is, I don't think there are enough folks who would actually fork over the dough for one, so I am having a hard time making a decision on production. Frankly, it's difficult within a specialized hobby to economically make something where there aren't a lot of people who will pay for it, understand? Moreover, while making neat stuff for sale is somewhat of a labor of love, it can't be a hobby else I can't survive. One-offs and low production is costly. Just is. Anyway, feel free to call and try to persuade me. Money talks!
AMA # 47381, IRCHA #745
jbeech is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2016, 07:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

LOL... It would be cool...but i hear ya, its gotta pay the bills...
Old 03-11-2016, 04:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

What I'm angling at (pun intended) is to start a discussion of what's considered a fair price for such a product. Or if not fair, at least establish how much the market will bear (before it runs screaming to a Jet Ranger, or other model with a straight boom).
AMA # 47381, IRCHA #745
Old 03-11-2016, 11:07 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well what are we talking doing? New tail case design? Conversion using existing parts? modified tail case plus a short section of boom followed by a stock tail case. Right now i guess im just trying to start a conversation about it. Maybe others will join in. On the subject of the market for such an item, yeah probably not much of one. (Judging by its only you and i talking here) i for one am not one of the market sheep, following what the whos who of RC pilots are flying.
Old 03-11-2016, 05:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Basically we have to transfer the power through 30 degrees, e.g. an elbow near the end of the boom. Once we've made the dogleg, then a short section of boom and everything ends up at the gear case as usual. Sounds easy, isn't especially. Anyway, I have a Schluter BK-117 fuselage (which, of course, has a similar upswept tail as the BO-105) so I too have a project where this will be a requirement. Thing is, there are other projects ahead of it. That, plus we're talking "modeling for John" as opposed to modeling to create something new for the purpose of earning a living. This means personal projects get short shrift for pretty much the same reason the cobbler's children have no shoes.
AMA # 47381, IRCHA #745
Old 03-11-2016, 06:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well im glad its on your radar. Hopefully someday its something we can figure out.
Old 03-13-2016, 04:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

High speed has been working on a Huey. It's a lot to wade through, but he might have a solution: Scale UH-1H 450 Class Custom Build Project
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=678368
AMA #953743
tkheard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2016, 09:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Why not make a torque tube conversion for the Pantera? This would also allow the use of the already available 30 degree transmission for said fuselage. Also this would appeal to a greater market too since some people might choose to run a torque tube on the Pantera. Personally I like the belt for durability but that's just me.
Flyer2004 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2016, 09:40 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Agreed, the subject of this build is still on my list, kinda waiting to see if something hits the mass market regarding the tail, then again as JB says money talks so maybe ill have to phone him and melt some VISA to get a solution..........projects projects projects.....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in