Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Audacity

Audacity Audacity Pantera Helicopters Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2016, 08:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Pantera 50 Electric?

I am wondering if it is possible to use the electric conversion on the Pantera 50? I recently picked up a used one and am curious if it is suitable for electric?

If so I'd like to run a 6cell set up, so could I use either the Scorpion 890kv motor or the Align 850kv motor I already have around?

Thank you!
Kandace
Hovergirl01 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2016, 05:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Kandace,

Yes, the e-conversion works perfectly on the older air frame and is easy to accomplish. As for your plan to use a 6-cell setup, think again please. We've fooled around with those enough to know they suck. Frankly, the 8S setup is the least we recommend (this with our 720kv motor), and a 10S is sweet with the 630kv motor, while a 12S is phenomenal with the 520kv motor (but the 8S is really nice). Anyway, I predict the 6S setup won't satisfy and going through the exercise knowing what I'm saying, well . . . it's your money, of course, but I am just trying to look out for you. Please reconsider.
AMA # 47381, IRCHA #745
jbeech is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2016, 08:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would listen to John here. When I called to ask him about motors, this was his response: "I've got a few $100 motors for sale, but you don't wanna mess around, get a Pmax." I'm glad I did! Depending on the Kv rating (not to be confused with kV rating for all you EEs), an 8S setup will give you enough power to hover and cruise around, but also to perform the occasional loop or roll.

I have my stage II conversion set up with a 630 Kv variety of the Pmax motor and two 4S batteries in series. I have experimented with different headspeeds, but I haven't been able to fly enough yet to speak of flight time, however.

Anyway, if you decide to do the stage II conversion, eyeball these:

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=734156

http://www.audacitymodels.com/Produc...5/Default.aspx
helihammer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2016, 09:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I think I will go with either a 8S or 10S setup. I just sport fly, hovering, mild aerobatics and autos. No 3d....its just not my cup of tea.

So my question is which set up would suit me best?

Thanks!

Kandace
Hovergirl01 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2016, 09:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

8S
AMA # 47381, IRCHA #745
jbeech is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in