Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters > 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters

450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2016, 06:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Blade Fluttering.

Here recently I noticed on a test stand I built for my 450 pro dfc the tips of the main rotor blades will sometimes flutter. All parts are new and tryed two different sets of blades that are balanced. I've checked all bearings, dampaners and screws everything is tight. I'm running scorpion 3500 with ds 215mg for cyclic and Hobby wing platinum 50 amp esc. No over heating issues need some help or opinions please
ricky.davis.129794 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2016, 11:58 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Please keep in mind that just because everything is new does NOT mean it is straight and / or correct..It may be off a little bit.

this is what I would look at:

1. Is the feathering shaft New? Is it STRAIGHT?
Are you sure that you put the Thrust washers in correctly?
2. are the thrust washers installed the same on both sides?
Did you put locktight on the thrust washer screw? if so did any leak out into the bearing?
Are the screws them selves tight? are they tightened the same amount?
3. are the dampers good?
4.do you have washers between one blade grip and not the other?
5. are the blade grips of equal weight? (with the thrust washers installed? if not then apply a little bit of JB weld to the light one to match the heavy one.
6. Is the main shaft REALLY straight?
7. is there any slop in the head when it is completely installed on the heli?
8. with the head completely installed pull up on the head. Is there ANY slop? If so add washers between the top bearing and the putrusion on the main shaft so that there is no slop. (on my 450 I always put two washers on an it is tight.....NOT overtight to hurt the bearings...just tight enough to take up the slop.
9. with the head complete and the main shaft installed into the head but not installed in the heli.....Is the complete assy balanced????
10 is there any slop between the grips and the blades???? if so add two identical washers.....weigh them to make sure
11. are you sure that none of your screws are over tight and causing any binding? especially in the grips, and the links.
12. are you sure that ALL your bearings are good?
13. have all the bearings been lubbed or greased? INCLUDING the thrust washer......
14 is there any binding in the ball like to the swash? these need to be free to turn but not sloppy free...
15. Have you ever lubbed or greased the swash?

These are just some of the points I would look at to get you started.

Clifford
Old 06-18-2016, 08:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Are you running it tied down to your test stand? That could be the problem .
PilotPin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2016, 08:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Securing a heli firmly to a stand can literally destroy a heli to pieces. Ask Dan Reid from RCHN lol. Bad idea. And as mentioned obove it is likely your problem.

Your gyros will try to compensate, and if everything hits just the right frequency look the hell out!

Do test spool ups with no blades if you have to test stuff.

There should be no such thing as a test stand.
Old 07-10-2016, 04:35 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEXAHYDRATE View Post
Securing a heli firmly to a stand can literally destroy a heli to pieces. Ask Dan Reid from RCHN lol. Bad idea. And as mentioned obove it is likely your problem.

Your gyros will try to compensate, and if everything hits just the right frequency look the hell out!

+ 1.
mickeyjohnston is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2016, 05:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEXAHYDRATE View Post

No it is not secured, flying I can hear it, landed it and bench tested and it confirms blade flutter

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
ricky.davis.129794 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in