Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Helicopters > Atom 6HV, 6HVU and 550 Ultimate

Atom 6HV, 6HVU and 550 Ultimate Compass Atom 6HV, 6HVU and 550 Ultimate Model Helicopter Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-29-2016, 03:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Metal tail blade grips for my 6HVU

I just acquired a 6hvu and switched out the plastic blade grips and tail pitch slider with Goblin 700 competition metal blade grips and pitch slider assembly. The blade grips are a perfect direct fit......the 6hvu bell crank needs a washer in between it and the base which you can see in the pic. you need it to clear the goblin tail pitch slider. On the goblin tail pitch slider you need to add a trex 500 swash ball to fit the 6hvu bell crank....the goblin balls are bigger. You probably could use the goblin bell crank but then you would need to change the ball or the ball links on the tail push rod. I opted to keep the 6hvu bell crank cause its metal. That's it. I prefer metal all around and don't think there is a compass option for it. It works flawlessly and got rid of the slight binding I was experiencing with the stock set up. I am not bashing it....I just prefer metal all around and do not mean to put down the stock grips
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160229_002037.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	637953  
Rush fan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-29-2016, 12:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I actually have a spare tail grip set from my goblin. I've been very happy with the tail of the 6HVU, but it's good to know that if I plow it in, the SAB parts are compatible. Only downside is that metal can bend in a crash, and I find plastic much more forgiving when I get sloppy with keeping the tail out of the dirt.

Good find!

Fauropitotto is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-29-2016, 04:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

The stock beefy plastic grips are great just like to try out different things and it was a matter of having the competition metal grips at hand and curiosity to see if I could make them work on the 6hvu. The only negative is that they look really small compared to the bigger plastic grips. The positives are I don't have to mess with those spacers when changing blades and they are shiny metal lol. The original grips are in a bag and will be used in case I have a crash and mangle them or decide to sell the heli which I don't see happening in the near future.
Old 03-03-2016, 02:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

You are in luck as the new eXo grips will fit the 6HVU and are made out of aluminum. It will require a new tail shaft, but that is supposed to come after the eXo.

Saje Marvin - Citizen 125
Raz0rSh4rp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2016, 03:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I actually put the plastic grips back on but kept the Goblin competition pitch slider. I just had to use bigger balls on the grips. I could not get the stock slider smooth enough without binding even after adding washers to the balls and messing with it for about an hour. The goblin pitch slider was the ticket, now it's so smooth it falls under it's own weight.
Old 11-05-2016, 03:12 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

You use the tail blade grips from eXo
HexagonX is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2016, 01:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz0rSh4rp View Post
You are in luck as the new eXo grips will fit the 6HVU and are made out of aluminum. It will require a new tail shaft, but that is supposed to come after the eXo.
Why do you need a new shaft? I thought the eXo uses the same hub as the 6HVU?
Old 11-11-2016, 02:52 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycled View Post
That was my understanding too, direct replacement for both 6HVU and Chronos .
The whole tail assemble will hopefully be available with the release of the EXO not just in seperate parts I'm hoping !
Old 11-18-2016, 09:48 AM   #9 (permalink)
Formerly BarnStormer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycled View Post
I may be wrong but i thought it would require a shorter shaft to use on the Chronos.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in