Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Thunder Tiger Electric Helis

Thunder Tiger Electric Helis Mini Titan E325, Raptor E550 and E620 SE Helicopters

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2010, 10:02 PM   #21 (permalink)

It seems to be the one which comes with the Super-Combo, which is TT's way of selling you the MT with a cack radio.

Bear in mind that all MT canopies are the same white plastic item, with a decal sticker - that's the yellow bit - on. I haven't seen any of those for sale, but FastLads do stock decals http://www.fast-lad.co.uk and I think they may have a US arm.
Sorry not great news, but will keep an eye out during my web-trawls.
B335 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2010, 09:31 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks for the link. I'm still having a hard time finding that decal set in the US. I've found the old ones, though. I did find this, which is pretty much exactly what I want:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXAFUX&P=0

Unfortunately, the price seems a little high for me right now ($40 for something a newbie is likely to bust sooner than later). Oh well, on with the search!
Discount_Bob is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2010, 10:34 AM   #23 (permalink)

That's the fibreglass canopy, hence why it's so expensive. You just need the plastic standard one but with a decal sheet.

I know this photo is of the orange, but it does come in yellow.
http://www.fast-lad.co.uk/store/mini...ow-p-7361.html
Old 10-28-2010, 10:36 AM   #24 (permalink)

Also, bear in mind the SE was out for nearly a year before TT made the SE decal available. Until that point, if you had an SE and needed a new canopy, you had to make do with the stock Pro decal (cack).

I don't think the super combo (yellow) has been out a year yet.
Old 10-30-2010, 10:56 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks for the info. I haven't been able to find that decal set anywhere in the US. I can't (yet) bring myself to pay international shipping for just a set of stickers!

I was able to find some of the newer ones at towerhobby, I think. I saved the link somewhere around here. There are no yellow/blue options like on the SE canopies, but it is the stripes set that I prefer.
Old 10-31-2010, 07:23 AM   #26 (permalink)

You'll just have to keep scanning the LHSs once every while. The yellow ones for the SuperCombo probably won't be available for a few months, but it's just a case of waiting.
This is exactly what TT did with the SE decals, so nothing new.

Many guys in the US use Callie's Graphics and here she's got decals for the MT for $13.http://www.callie-graphics.com/helicopters.php

Alternatively, you could do what I've done on my canopy in my avatar, and use something like coloured electrical tape to make a design and use a sharp craft knife to cut curves.

Eaasy to do, just apply tape to canopy and cut lightly through the tape, remove excess. With different colours it's not hard to get an impressive result. Cheaper and individual, as seen below.

I put up some templates if you want to try them on the pc in a paint program to see what they look like before setting to with tape and knife.
Here: https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=238804

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	desk insert.jpg
Views:	1003
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	187853  
Old 10-31-2010, 06:09 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by B335 View Post
Many guys in the US use Callie's Graphics and here she's got decals for the MT for $13. http://www.callie-graphics.com/helicopters.php
Callie also does custom work very reasonably priced. Show her what you want and she can most likely make it for you.

Bob
Bayward is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2010, 03:26 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Awesome info, thanks guys. And I was wondering where you got those "decals," they're sweet. Nicely done.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:22 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I really like the colored electrical tape idea. That's what I did to both of my Quarks. You can change your color scheme whenever you want - just peel off the tape and you have a blank slate again

-John
FR4-Pilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2010, 02:13 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Metal parts for rotor head and/or tail ...

Just curious - are the CNCHelicopter parts for the MT E325 as highly regarded as they are for the Blade 400? I'm noticing that the metal parts recommended for reducing the tracking problems with the plastic head are much less expensive from CNC than TT. In fact, an entire metal head (black or silver) is only around $74 from them.

http://www.cnchelicopter.com/servlet...325-CNC/Detail

Has anyone used these parts? Good/Bad?

Thanks!
-John
Old 11-03-2010, 06:12 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

I bought my metal upper mixing arms from them and have been pleased.

Lynbird is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2010, 07:10 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

I bought a MT fiberglass canopy from HobbyKing for $4.73 + shipping = $10.72.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=11266
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E325B-3.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	188472  
Strickjc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2010, 03:25 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strickjc View Post
I bought a MT fiberglass canopy from HobbyKing for $4.73 + shipping = $10.72.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=11266
Me too (6months or more ago) and worn it once. It is a sound amplifier . My MT sounds like a tractor with it! So - right now it spares as a shape holder for other, broken MT canopies that are stacked over it.

BTW, since then, I've got one of those transparent, pre-cut ones and painted the way I like them
clicky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2010, 10:34 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

John,

From what I've read, those CNC parts are pretty good. I'm curious though why you're upgrading the head? If it's just for tracking I'd try the TT mixing arms.

If you really want bling (and total cure for tracking issues), you might want to wait until the holidays. I picked up the complete Kasama head for almost half off. Might be another sale coming up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FR4-Pilot View Post
Just curious - are the CNCHelicopter parts for the MT E325 as highly regarded as they are for the Blade 400? I'm noticing that the metal parts recommended for reducing the tracking problems with the plastic head are much less expensive from CNC than TT. In fact, an entire metal head (black or silver) is only around $74 from them.

http://www.cnchelicopter.com/servlet...325-CNC/Detail

Has anyone used these parts? Good/Bad?

Thanks!
-John
Old 11-05-2010, 09:28 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D Dave View Post
John,

From what I've read, those CNC parts are pretty good. I'm curious though why you're upgrading the head? If it's just for tracking I'd try the TT mixing arms.

If you really want bling (and total cure for tracking issues), you might want to wait until the holidays. I picked up the complete Kasama head for almost half off. Might be another sale coming up.

I need to ask where did you get your Kasama head from? I spent the money and upgraded with all TT OEM head parts. I couldn't find anywhere in the US to get the Kasama head.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:15 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey 3D Dave,

No, I'm not into bling at all. Other helpful members suggested upgrading a few of the plastic head parts (mixing arms, main hub, etc.) to eliminate the tracking problem. I just noticed that it could be done a lot cheaper with the CNC parts as opposed to the TT parts, if they're any good that is. Sounds like they're worth a try.

-John
Old 11-05-2010, 02:13 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

I bought the Kasama head at grandrc last Oct. (just found the receipt) for $109.99 incl. free shipping.

Better start watching for sales

ps, John, I will be at the Dome tonight if you want to swing by and check out my MT.
Old 11-05-2010, 03:14 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Last I talked to grandrc they said the wouldn't sell kasama products any more
Old 11-06-2010, 12:10 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry Dave, couldn't make it tonight. I'm going to try and swing by Sat. nite to check it out - sounds like a great time ...

-John
Old 11-15-2010, 01:32 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

So I started building the plastic version heli last night. I discovered a bad part in bag C - the washout base. Evidently one of the two holes for mounting the arms was formed at a bizarre angle so the screw would not go in straight, thus resulting in weird angle for one arm assembly - not good.

I ended up using one from my "spare parts kit" so all is well. It's holes are much nicer

BTW - do you guys grease the thrust bearings before closing up the grips? I didn't but it's bugging me now and I didn't see anything in the instructions ...

I also didn't use any washers/shims between the flap damper and collar - better for beginners Yes/No?

Thanks!
-John

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in