Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Century

Century Century Helicopters Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2011, 06:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 7 point throttle curve on the radikal?

Im just trying to sort out my throttle curve a little better on my dsx9 which is 7 points, can anyone suggest a basic curve that would work on my g20, I used the malorie throttle setup method. https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...malorie+gasser
Also im running the g20 with a stator gator and a gv1, being extra careful with the fuel mixtures. Now I set the gov at 1750 for a test and ran the heli up for a few minutes, put it in idle up did a few climb outs and landed. the max rpm on the gv1 shows 1620, would this suggest that my Low mixture is to rich to achieve the desired rpm?

thanks
Pete
helipete is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2011, 08:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just a few questions. First, you're asking about curves and tweaking them but you say in the next breath you're running a gov. So which are you actually using? Is the gov hooked up, but not actively governing HS - so you're using curves? If so, then not reaching the set head speed is likely just because the curves need tweaking as you say - and could have nothing to do with mixture at all.

If you're using the governor, and set it to 1750, but you're only reaching 1620 then I would ask if your motor is broken in yet. If you haven't broken it in, then turn the governor off, and use curves until you've got a couple gallons through it.

If it's broken in, and you're using the gov, and it just doesn't seem to be working, then I'd be inclined to suspect the gov isn't set up right, or there's something wrong with it. If it's not reaching the HS it's supposed to be at, I'd expect it to keep opening the carb until it's all the way open. In which case you'd be on the high speed needle.

Either way, if it's so far out of tune that it can't reach 1750 at a hover, it should be pretty obvious just listening to it. Is it burbling, or misfiring?

Disclaimer: I did have a G20 for a little while, but I'm by no means an expert on gassers. I'm just giving you some food for thought because nobody else has answered
rotormonkey is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2011, 01:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hi
I have the GV1 setup on a switch so I can turn it on or off, yes the motor is run in from the previous owner, but he was not using a gov and had a different radio, so im working from the start, I have set the motor to run very rich at the moment for safety, I would like to setup a curve so if the gov ever drops out i have a decent setup to keep me flying, there seems to be alot asking about throttle curves but not to much info around, I will just keep playing with it till im happy.

cheers
Pete
helipete is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2011, 09:43 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yep, that's pretty much all you can do. Set up your curve low around the 3/4 mark to get whatever HS you want during hover. Then once you have that adjust the higher points so that you can punch out without bogging the motor.

There's no way for anybody to give you even a starting point for your curves really. That's why there isn't a lot of info. It really depends on the way you set up your throttle geometry, your radio, motor tuning, the gas you run, and any number of other factors. It's just a process of trial and error.
rotormonkey is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in