Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > BeastX FBL System

BeastX FBL System BeastX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2014, 11:41 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

i'll have to contact HH myself regarding what seems to be the same problem on my atom 500: used ar7200bx (with dsmx sat since day 1) and ds510m on cyclic - no response to collective movement for the first few degrees. i haven't noticed any flickering of leds though and cyclic response has been normal; only with collective movements the heli is sluggish.
leaverus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2014, 11:44 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaverus View Post
i'll have to contact HH myself regarding what seems to be the same problem on my atom 500: used ar7200bx (with dsmx sat since day 1) and ds510m on cyclic - no response to collective movement for the first few degrees. i haven't noticed any flickering of leds though and cyclic response has been normal; only with collective movements the heli is sluggish.
Are you sure it's only in the first few degrees? Do you mean only when its at full negative and you are starting to raise the collective?

In that case, I wonder if it's an endpoint issue. Mine would freeze up at any point in the throw. The orange light coming from inside the unit (visible from the pins) would also go out and then light up again during the failure.
Highway11 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2014, 01:08 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway11 View Post
Are you sure it's only in the first few degrees? Do you mean only when its at full negative and you are starting to raise the collective?
yes, that's what i mean. it's been doing it for a while now. and i thought it might be an endpoints thing also but i've tried multiple times with new model in dx7 and resetting ar7200bx. very odd problem.
leaverus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2014, 07:58 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Leaverus your issue is nothing like this one. So far your issue is one that many have mentioned, but none has turned out to be faulty, from my recollection. Highway's issue is almost certainly a faulty unit, and after four years of reading this forum it is the first time I have seen it.

Even though I have read about your issue before, the difficulty I have is that I don't remember for sure how any of them were fixed. I think it might have simply been a case of not really understanding how to set the ranges at step K. Maybe you do, but a recap won't hurt at least.

You have to make sure you can see the lights change over from red to blue when you switch from high to low stick at step K. When you select high stick, you must be able to see the pitch reduce, and increase, at will, by adjusting with the rudder stick. You then switch to the opposite end, full low stick, and again adjust the pitch backwards and forwards, or rather up and down using the rudder. Make it a low value, then make it high value, before you decide on your value, so that it is more likely to register a change.

And just to reitterate, make sure it detects the change from high to low stick as you switch from one to the other, as you should be able to see the light change colour.

Of course you must not be using your normal flight pitch curve. If you are doing it in throttle hold, and you made a special curve in throttle hold, then you will not be able to do it there either. You must use a linear curve, 0-100%, and you must test it with a similar pitch curve. If you check it with your normal curve, it would do what you said, depending on how your normal curve was set. Obvious things I know, but just in case.

Also, if you can't get the light to change colour at step K, or get it to move with the rudder properly, re-do step J and make sure you set it to 6 degrees. If you skip step J, and have never set it correctly to 6 degrees, you cannot do step K. Also check that you haven't adjusted the pitch down in your radio travel adjusts, or dual rates on your radio, as this might prevent it adjusting correctly at step K.

I know you said you'd done a new model in your radio, so this shouldn't have happened but it's still worth mentioning.

With my firt one I kept forgetting to set it at both high and low, thinking that it was pointless to do both, and if in the MB you are setting a travel ratio, and you accurately had 0 at mid stick, then why would you need to do it at each end, but of course not doing it at both ends caused me a problem.

Stick full up, light one colour, adjust up and down with rudder until correct value displayed on pitch gauge.

Stick full down, light another colour, adjust up and down with rudder until correct value displayed on pitch gauge.

After having set both high and low, leave it at full high or low, and press the button to move on. Exit right through all the menus until the swash twitches, denoting flight mode. Check pitch range. Power off and on and check range again.

Good luck.

Cheers

Sutty
sutty is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in