Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > BeastX FBL System

BeastX FBL System BeastX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2013, 08:09 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

i can see the safe version coming for tgere blade heli line
fusionsx00 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2013, 02:52 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionsx00 View Post
i can see the safe version coming for tgere blade heli line
Safe version?? Lol
Old 08-19-2013, 06:53 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

newbheliusr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2013, 08:21 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

yes safe version

horizon just came out with models that have accelerometers installed and can do self level. nqx, some planes and a larger quad have it.

they call it safe technology. its a analogy. it would require a whole brand new unit though.

im just glad they finally decided to turn on the gov function that is inside the ar7200bx.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:03 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
yes safe version

horizon just came out with models that have accelerometers installed and can do self level. nqx, some planes and a larger quad have it.

they call it safe technology. its a analogy. it would require a whole brand new unit though.

im just glad they finally decided to turn on the gov function that is inside the ar7200bx.
Why do you think there is a "built-in" governor function already existing? Maybe there is, but that isn't obvious to me at all.

The question I have is whether it is built on the BeastX side of the AR7200BX (and thus can be fed into tail revo mix) or built on the Spectrum side, which might be independent of the BeastX side.
ahahn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2013, 08:52 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

when it was released a post was made regarding the gov function , and a few others that went as far to take the unit apart, and see that there is a intact beastx board inside with the ar7100 board on top, same board that has a input to monitor *RPM's , which is what i meant as "built in"

Old 08-21-2013, 02:13 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
when it was released a post was made regarding the gov function , and a few others that went as far to take the unit apart, and see that there is a intact beastx board inside with the ar7100 board on top, same board that has a input to monitor *RPM's , which is what i meant as "built in"

So they really have short changed us abit! If it's there but off all along that is!
Old 08-22-2013, 08:26 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Ok, I see what you mean now. But realize a RPM monitor is just the input to a governor, which needs to be programmed. I have no clue whether there is actually a "BeastX" governor programmed into the existing firmware (BeastX or Spectrum) (or not!).

It will be interesting to see how this develops I think.
ahahn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2013, 12:34 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

if you look at other fbl units govenors
the main key is the abilty to read rpms
with out that its impossible to make a good gov. the other part is the processor, it just needs enough proscessing power . which is not alot.

after that its just firmware and software,

so yeah , if the function to read rpms and react and alter the throttle is not in there it is almost impossible to make a gov comparable to other fbl units active govs.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:25 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I hope the gov function will be compatible with Castle's Edge Series using the extra lead they have. It's supposed to be able to be set to output RPM for FBL controllers with governors.
Libtekguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2013, 12:34 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

hmm sold mine in favor of the ikon cos of gov mode
Old 08-27-2013, 07:34 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

I emailed Horizon UK about this and they replied saying they haven't heard about a new firmware version.
J-S-Q is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2013, 08:15 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-S-Q View Post
I emailed Horizon UK about this and they replied saying they haven't heard about a new firmware version.
Lets hope it's not a marketing rumor just to get us to buy more AR7200s. If that is what is going on, I am really selling all of mine for Mini Vbars or SK540s.
Blade 450X
Heli.Maniac is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2013, 12:28 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-S-Q View Post
Spektrum made the announcement at this years IRCHA (IRCHA 2013). Yeah, it May take a while to finish testing and whatever they do to release it. But, if you know Horizon Hobby and their partners you know their ETAs are reallllly crappy. They will say coming soon, but we all know its not too soon...

Having said that....Horizon Hobby is a distributor of Spektrum.

E-mail Spektrum about it. Spektrum is the one developing and releasing the firmware.

Any Horizon customer service tech will not hear about it until its official release date, unless of course they are really into the hobby and around to hear these announcements.

My .2
Turked is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2013, 11:34 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

cant imagine they have everyone working there involved with the beastx. probably have 1 dept working on it. others have there own stuff to worry about. and tech support wont be updated untill it is released.

also looking at the recent releases they have made, the security is alot higher. some of the new models were not even known until the day they came out.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:15 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
yes safe version

Horizon products do not have accelerometers. I believe in the future we will see them on our helis, but not yet.
HeliHoverAP is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2013, 02:47 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliHoverAP View Post
Horizon products do not have accelerometers. I believe in the future we will see them on our helis, but not yet.
, i think you need to read up on some stuff , but here is a link to "Revolutionary SAFE™ (Sensor Assisted Flight Envelope) technology delivers flight control that's a quantum leap forward.Custom tuned for fixed or rotary wing aircraft, its evolutionary combination of multi-axis sensors and software incredibly make the aircraft intelligent enough to understand its flight attitude." http://www.horizonhobby.com/content/...ts_render-safe

here is the Nqx , currently for sale , has S.A.F.E.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...nology-BLH7680

ok back to the topic, so whats the guess on a release date. i bet december
Old 09-04-2013, 04:20 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yes, December 2014.
sutty is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2013, 07:13 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
, i think you need to read up on some stuff , but here is a link to "Revolutionary SAFE™ (Sensor Assisted Flight Envelope) technology delivers flight control that's a quantum leap forward.Custom tuned for fixed or rotary wing aircraft, its evolutionary combination of multi-axis sensors and software incredibly make the aircraft intelligent enough to understand its flight attitude." http://www.horizonhobby.com/content/...ts_render-safe

here is the Nqx , currently for sale , has S.A.F.E.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...nology-BLH7680

ok back to the topic, so whats the guess on a release date. i bet december
Cmon bud. Not once is an accelerometer mentioned. We're are you getting your info? If a nano qx had an accelerometer, it would never drift. It has a "horizon indicator" which reads the horizon axis at start up, that's your safe sensor.
HeliHoverAP is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2013, 04:41 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

if your saying that self level, additute adjustment is possible with just gyros? did you read the part that says " multi axis sensors+software"

i dont think this is the right forum or discussion to argue if horizon has accelerometers or not.

feel free to open a new topic, i have started you off with a great list of resources already.

ok back on topic, haha dec 2014. i hope not.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in