Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Thunder Tiger Electric Helis > Raptor G4/E720

Raptor G4/E720 Thunder Tiger Raptor G4/E720 Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2011, 09:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Raptor 720E who has their eye on this heli?

Advertisement

Old 04-12-2011, 01:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I love the E720 from what I have seen, and can't wait to see more of it. I think if the price tag is right, it will be the next 90 sized heli I get when I get back into the hobby. I love the videos of it so far and how it flies. Hopefully they will price it reasonably!
Old 04-12-2011, 02:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have to say, I'm rather impressed with it so far. Of course some things are a total eyesore (overslung flybar), but the overall package seems like they did their homework. We'll see how it stands up against the competition though. It's getting pretty stiff with the flood of new, super 700's hitting the market. In the end, it's good for eveyone because the designs are getting sooooo much better on all machines.
skunkworx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2011, 02:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mmmm, decicions, 720 / compass 7hv / gaui x7 3 very good machines. I've had my 6hv for 3 weeks now and already its feeling small.

I think i will wait till there all out first, then compare
Old 04-19-2011, 01:21 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

The Raptor E720 should be a great model, but you are right, there are many new 700 electrics on the market now. My choice will be between the 7HV, the E720, and I'll probably toss in the Synergy E6, even though thats a 600 sized heli.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

my choice will greatly depend on affordability i have a 700E trex but i think i am getting rid of it. $700 + for the first crash.
Old 04-22-2011, 04:38 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is there 2 different models or just a raptor 720E???

When is it out and is it just barebones kit or do they include like align? I wonder if the FBL system is decent?
helicraze is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2011, 05:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Have owned and been flying a E550 for the last couple of years.
If it flys anything like my E550 in my estimation it will be a WINNER !
rotorwing cris is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2011, 08:13 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

bump
Old 05-17-2011, 06:58 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by helicraze View Post
Is there 2 different models or just a raptor 720E???

When is it out and is it just barebones kit or do they include like align? I wonder if the FBL system is decent?
Actually 4 models,.. flybarred and flybarless, nitro and electric. I'm flying one of the electric flybarless pre-production machines now. Todd Bennet is flying the nitro one. EXTREMELY SMOOTH AND QUIET, and very fast. I have too much power in it at the moment, but will tweak the power system once I get a handle on flybarless setups. Currently 1650/1700 in idle 1, as I keep playing with setup,.. and at the moment 2160 in idle 2. Absolutely nothing needs changed from stock, the machine is rock solid with some nice innovations such as the servo arms, which I assume will come in the kits, but I'm not sure,.. the 15mm mainshaft, the very quick battery change system, the large diameter tailboom,..very easy mechanical setup with the alignment mechanism for center pitch,.. helical gears, spiral-bevel tail gears,.. I could go on and on. Did I mention it's smooth and quiet? <G> I've flown helis for over 20 years and have a pretty good "ear" for what they're turning, at least I can usually get it within a small range,.. but I thought my initial setup was 1500~1600 in 1 and 1900~2000 in 2. When I eventually tached it, it was 1770 and 2380. I've slowed it quite a bit, but need to play with motors and gearing to get it where I want. Currently trying to get the flybarless setup exactly how I want it, and waiting on another motor with a lower KV to arrive, so power system refinement will come later. Very little plastic,.. mainly landing gear, front radio tray and tailboom mount. I think the street pricing is going to be about $999. I've heard comments that the price is high for a "mid-range" heli, but it's not a "mid-range" heli. The flybarred version was flown by a couple guys in asia to first and second in an F3C contest recently.
gwright is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2011, 04:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Any chance of pics from you??
Old 05-17-2011, 04:59 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Personally, I think TT is going to price itself out of the market at $1000 for the kit. Now, if that includes a motor, ESC, and maybe some blades, that's a different story.

T-Rex 470LP...
TCipolla is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2011, 05:14 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

take a look at RR on the vid from pitchbroders vid 1, the sec pilot thats fly is the
E720 whit Tom Erik Rolfson
Hiss machine is a monster.. always fun on the strep when he fly...
Faagiz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2011, 05:17 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCipolla View Post
Personally, I think TT is going to price itself out of the market at $1000 for the kit. Now, if that includes a motor, ESC, and maybe some blades, that's a different story.
I agree that it is pricey, that is why I will be going with the 7HV FBL, which comes with an ESC, blades, and motor for $929. I like TT but $1000 for just a kit is too much money.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:41 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just saw some sneak photos on TT's facebook yesterday. The carbon main frame of G4 was cut by laser instead of stamping. It seems very costly and maybe that's one of the reason why the tag price is so high. I wanna know more values of G4, otherwise I will not spend so much bucks on a machine..... even it looks really fantastic!

The link of the photos:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...9&l=6c9f008d81
Raptorial is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2011, 12:55 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

They are showing up on Tower now, wow the price is kinda high. If that is for barebones kit it comes in higher than the ENV and up there with Min Air stuff.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0093p?&C=EAF
1800BIGK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2011, 08:19 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Tower hobbies has upto 25% off coupons though so its not as bad as it looks.
ToxicBanana is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2011, 04:26 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Where do you get coupons for it?
Old 06-02-2011, 11:06 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Most of the time Tower has the Retail price listed on stuff until they get it in stock or until it gets close to being in stock.Then the price will change.
That price is way high and I hope that this is still the case.

AMA # 532434
CL2-MrZero is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2011, 12:23 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well for the $1000 mark, I think that the Kasama Srimok (electric FBL) could be a better choice.
On my TT E620 I run a Kasama main rotor head and Kasama Tail rotor as they were by far better than the original.

http://www.readyheli.com/Kasama-Srim...n_p_37211.html

That is my opinion as I had the chance to buy Kasama before, I know the outstanding manufacturing quality.
The Electric E-620 had never been even close to Kasama standard.

(Just my opinion)...

Henri

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in