Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Batteries and Charging Support > Brand Specific Charger and Battery Support

Brand Specific Charger and Battery Support Brand Specific Charger and Battery Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2010, 06:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Eoso720i net3 6C "is it ?"

I've got the EOSO720i NET3 AD and a EX G3 series 6c charge rate OK batterys, before the new v5.0 firmware update the highist i could charge was 5c and when it was charging it would charge at over 11 amps (with all settings cranked up full), now with v5.0 AND (all settings cranked up full including set for 6c rate) the charger only charges at 10.5 amps, i don't get it ? it is set for 1c higher then before but is charging at around 0.5 amps LESS ?
It is hooked up to a 800 watt 15 volt power suppy, what is going on here ?
RoToR ChAoS is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2010, 10:00 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoToR ChAoS View Post
I've got the EOSO720i NET3 AD and a EX G3 series 6c charge rate OK batterys, before the new v5.0 firmware update the highist i could charge was 5c and when it was charging it would charge at over 11 amps (with all settings cranked up full), now with v5.0 AND (all settings cranked up full including set for 6c rate) the charger only charges at 10.5 amps, i don't get it ? it is set for 1c higher then before but is charging at around 0.5 amps LESS ?
It is hooked up to a 800 watt 15 volt power suppy, what is going on here ?
Well you are apparently charging a 6s pack. The rated output of the 720i is 250W. This means that it can charge a 6s pack at 11A when the voltage of the pack is at 22.7V or pretty much run down. But as the voltage increases on the pack, the charge current will have to decrease. So by the end of the charge cycle, the current should drop to about 9.9A. In the middle of the charge cycle, when the pack is at 23.8V, the charge current should be about 10.5V. So maybe the firmware shifted something slightly but more likely you are just charging a different voltage pack, one at storage charge or such?

The real kicker is that I very much doubt any of those charge rates are anywhere near 5C or 6C for the pack you are charging. What is it a Trex 500 pack like a 6s 2600?
Stuff: Spektrum DX7 - iCharger 208B - Hyperion G3
TJinGuy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2010, 08:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Nope it's a 3S 11.1 volt sorry i didn't say that, thats my bad !

Quote:
charge current will have to decrease
ya i know that i should say starting charge amps with fully run down (20 % left in battery) was a hair over 11 starting charge amps at 5c setting, now (same run down condition 20 % left in battery) it's 10.5 starting charge amps at 6c setting, The very same battery (i only have one), same condition 20 % left in battery, same power supply settings, same power supply, same capacity settings 2200mAH, same cell count 3s (which means same voltage 11.1), same everything !

I don't know what to make of it ?
Old 10-29-2010, 11:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ok so if it's a 3s pack, then yes something has changed when you upgraded the firmware. The change is small enough that I would not care, but if it bothers you, go back to the previous version.
Stuff: Spektrum DX7 - iCharger 208B - Hyperion G3
TJinGuy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2010, 01:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ya your right, i can live with it, but what i'd like to know is it an actual amperage reduction or indication of amperage reduction ?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in