Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > BeastX FBL System

BeastX FBL System BeastX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2011, 12:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Expo

Hi all is it possible to add expo to the flight behaviour settings. The reason I need this is for flying fpv. I have it set to normal mode at the moment but was wondering if I can add to the setting or do I need to goto the setting where it's all done via the tx?
Regards Liam
l14m is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2011, 12:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The general consensus is that if you don't like any of the "canned" settings, transmitter mode is best. Adding expo to the preset ones can give weird results (you're adding expo to expo...)
Old 01-30-2011, 01:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks Chris, I think I will take the expo of the Beastx and put my own in via the tx. Under normal conditions I'm sure I'd be happy with the sport mode but for flying fpv I need her less sensitive around centre sticks.
Regards Liam
l14m is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2011, 07:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi guys I just posted about this in another thread.Im kinda afraid to take the expo out of my settings but what you said makes sense,you don't want to add expo to expo but I have been flying mine on pro with 20% expo on elev and aile as well as 30% on rudd and it flies so sweet I don't want to mess it up.but I gess I will take it all out (even tail?)and see if I still like it on pro.Then if I don't then I gess I will just have to put it on transmitter and ajust it to my liking? What do you think JustPlaneChris I see your post on this forum alot?
Old 02-03-2011, 09:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by l14m View Post
Hi all is it possible to add expo to the flight behaviour settings. The reason I need this is for flying fpv. I have it set to normal mode at the moment but was wondering if I can add to the setting or do I need to goto the setting where it's all done via the tx?
Regards Liam
Instead of adding expo, decrease Pot 2. This will numb center stick.
Helico-pteron is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2011, 10:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If you're happy with the way it flies, don't mess with it.
I was just repeating what I've read in this forum in the past, I believe even by the BeastX folks, regarding adding expo to the preset modes. It made sense to me, but I run transmitter mode myself.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:48 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'd be interested in other expo settings. I've found that higher values compared to my flybarred helis works for me. For example, on my Protos with flybar I had 25% on cyclic and 30 on rudder. With BeastX I have 40% on all and it still feels quicker, but more accurate.
bobloblaw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2011, 02:07 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helico-pteron View Post
Instead of adding expo, decrease Pot 2. This will numb center stick.
It will not numb center stick. It will slow down the reaction of the heli to stick changes.
expo is position sensitivity while pot2 is more a "change in stick" sensitivity and is not related to center stick or its current position of the stick.
DannyvG is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2011, 02:13 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think the reason for this is the extreme endpoints of the swash that are set in beastx setup.
emberjelly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2011, 07:36 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Basically, if you like the flight mode. Don't add expo to the presets, you can get to a point in the stick where the heli will react unexpectedly.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:40 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by djamgils View Post
It will not numb center stick. It will slow down the reaction of the heli to stick changes.
expo is position sensitivity while pot2 is more a "change in stick" sensitivity and is not related to center stick or its current position of the stick.
I understand that and I worded that incorrectly. The pots are there, he can at least adjust those before jumping around in the flight mode section.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in