Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > Others

Others Walkera Other Models Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2014, 07:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default upgrades

Ok guys I know that this has all been asked a million times. I have the walkera v400do2 and want to start working on it here in awhile so I can start flying it. I have been researching a lot about servos and different things. I would actually like a complete list on all the upgrades that will make this heli a solid good flying bird. I have looked at youtube and read a lot. Would like to hear first hand from the guys here that have done all these upgrades. I do know that I will probably go with the hs 5055 metal gear servos. I have been looking at brushless motors not sure give me some info on that. Thanks you
sooners is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2014, 10:25 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I personally would go with the metal servo upgrade first, it's probably the hardest mod you can do on this heli, but it's well worth it. I went with the exi servos and couldn't be happier. No need to do any servo reversing and I've had to replace a bent main shaft and gear but the servos are fine. It's also a good idea to get an additional screw set or upgrade all of your screws to hex heads cause there's a good chance you're gonna strip some during the install. And if you're taking that much apart it's a good idea to double up the metal main upper frame to keep it from warping in a big crash. Also the metal tail boom support from rtf-heli.com will prevent you from having to take it all back apart to replace the plastic mount that brakes constantly. If they are out on the website just post a thread in the wanted section here, I'm sure someone will have an extra. Then for the brushless conversion I went with the rtf-heli version, it comes with everything you need to install, and if you want to do the brushless tail setup it already has the plug. I'm sure there's other brushless setups but that one is good and easy. That's about the extent of the mods I know of, but you'll have a pretty mean machine after those mods.
JustinP is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2014, 09:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Upgrades on mine;

Doubled upper frame, Hitec HS5055 X 3, Coco thick Aluminium lower frame, brushless main, Aluminium tail support.

A brushless tail would also be good, but I never got around to do that because I rarely fly this thing now since getting decent machines.

Without the doubled upper frame and Coco lower frame, 9 times out of 10 a crash entails a complete rebuild.

The rest is self explanatory.
Synergy E5, Gaui X5 FES, Mikado Logo 400 (sold), WK V400D02, Genius CP, CB100, 4#6, HBFPV2 and a few shelf Queens and Quad's.
Land; HPI Vorza, E Firestorm/Castle SCT 3800, Ansmann Mad Rat/Fusion race 10.5T.... Team OoPlE.
MiXiN is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2014, 09:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thank you guys that pretty much sums it up I think. Great info. I will start with the servo upgrade 1st than will do the main frame mod. Then I will look into the brushless motor and other upgrades mentioned. I think all that was mentioned will make it a pretty solid bird. I know there are better helis but for the money and to get started with cp I couldn't pass it up at the time. Thanks again
sooners is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in