Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Castle Creations ESC and Software

Castle Creations ESC and Software Castle Creations ESC Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2011, 03:04 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm sure they'll replace it for you which is good. But it does suck to see another 120 HV failure. It doesn't help my confidence in this ESC much.

Tommy
tptompkins is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2011, 03:53 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

@ Cirkus - I'm preety sure you won't figure out what is wrong with it. Just send it in for repair. Same thing happened to me and I did exactly what you are discribing, Plus, checked motor in another person's help, resoldered everything, and it didn't fix the problem. I got all the same suggestions you are getting and it was all for nothing. Change ESCs and everything worked perfectly. My CC120s been at Castle for 3 weeks and they said they still don't know what the problem is, but as soon as they get replacements they'll send me a new one. They said about 4 weeks for a replacement. I'm not holding my breath. I am sure they will figure out what parts are failling but it might take a while. :-)

Good Luck. :-)
Old 05-16-2011, 06:43 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMaty2010 View Post
@ Cirkus - I'm preety sure you won't figure out what is wrong with it. Just send it in for repair. Same thing happened to me and I did exactly what you are discribing, Plus, checked motor in another person's help, resoldered everything, and it didn't fix the problem. I got all the same suggestions you are getting and it was all for nothing. Change ESCs and everything worked perfectly. My CC120s been at Castle for 3 weeks and they said they still don't know what the problem is, but as soon as they get replacements they'll send me a new one. They said about 4 weeks for a replacement. I'm not holding my breath. I am sure they will figure out what parts are failling but it might take a while. :-)

Good Luck. :-)
Thanks. I didn't intend to steer the thread off course. I'm sure Castle will fix it, thats not a problem. Just sucks on the timing since I have a fun fly next this weekend in San Diego.

Back to the topic, I still am happy with my Castle controllers, just had one hiccup.
Old 05-21-2011, 04:25 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Can you guess if I am happy. First ESC DOA. This is the second.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	2706
Size:	125.7 KB
ID:	229049  
Old 05-21-2011, 04:31 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

ICE 100 on 8S, great results so far.
Helico-pteron is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2011, 07:59 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up Castle ICE 80HV on 700E

200+ flights, no issues.
GoRgOyL is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2011, 08:13 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just maiden my 700E with ICE80HV worked like a charm

nightflyr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2011, 03:05 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

50 flights on mine no problems and that's flying it hard constant spikes of 150amps.just set up my mates at the local club and no smoke or any problems.also running a 550 with ice 100 and no problems best escs I've ever had.
Compass warp 360,Mini V bar,yep 45,
25teapot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2011, 03:33 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

Another CC 120 up in flames last night at our field, new esc with the plastic casing, second flight since new. 700 F3C.

My 120 has been at castle for almost 3 weeks now, just received an email saying they will be able to ship me a new one in 2 weeks, this is getting very frustrating! I may buy a ICE 80HV to hold me over and have as a back for the meantime. Im hoping castle will let me upgrade my 120 to a 160, I would be willing to pay the difference in cost at this point.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:41 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

You don't sound like a happy castle owner, I think your looking for the angry castle owners thread.
-Phillip Johnson, AMA #954735
LegndarySaiyan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2011, 05:12 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegndarySaiyan View Post
You don't sound like a happy castle owner, I think your looking for the angry castle owners thread.
lmao this is great. I am cracking up right now, mainly because its so true.
Old 05-23-2011, 05:27 PM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, at least it's good to hear the CC 80HVs are holding up well, given that's what's shipping in the new 600 Pro kits.
NRPY is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2011, 05:37 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
You would be looking for the angry castle owners thread too if it happened to you repeatedly and had to wait around for over a month to get a new esc, or weeks without returned calls or emails.Little frustrating don't you think??....
Old 05-23-2011, 06:25 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Lmao
invertsick is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2011, 07:06 PM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetblue2135 View Post
You would be looking for the angry castle owners thread too if it happened to you repeatedly and had to wait around for over a month to get a new esc, or weeks without returned calls or emails.Little frustrating don't you think??....
I mean, this whole CC mess got me thinking. I have a CC ICE 50 on my 450 Pro which has been flawless so far. I have an ICE 80HV on my 700 that I am going to maiden this week. And I have a 600 Pro on order. What realistic ESC options do we have for our high voltage birds? CC and Kontronic, right?? We need more options man

Oh wait.....I forgot about Scorpion...anybody tried 'em yet?

S
Old 05-23-2011, 07:26 PM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a ICE 50 on my pro and its been good for over 200 flights now. Just had a capacitor go on a 2 year old 85HV on a 700. Besides this 120, I have had good luck and been happy with the castle esc's.

There aren't too many choices that is true. The Hobbywing 120 PRO has been really good so far. I really like the CC ICE 160 as well.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:42 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I don't see that many issues in the 450 Forum on the Ice 50 so thinking it's mainly HV CC ESC's that are the issue. Looks like a lot of 120HV Issues.

My choices would be.
1. Jive 80HV or 120HV - Good but Expensive
2. Hobbywing 120HV aka Turnigy KForce - (With VBar Gov) .
3. Castle 160HV

Synergy N5C sitting in Box...
Mystic3D is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2011, 07:48 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetblue2135 View Post
I have a ICE 50 on my pro and its been good for over 200 flights now. Just had a capacitor go on a 2 year old 85HV on a 700. Besides this 120, I have had good luck and been happy with the castle esc's.

There aren't too many choices that is true. The Hobbywing 120 PRO has been really good so far. I really like the CC ICE 160 as well.
Cool - hadn't heard about the HobbyWing one. Just looked it up on Helidirect....out of stock of course

Might have to look into it. I really like the Castle stuff and hope they figure it out. I think they will cuz I'd like to stick with them...it's a shame this is happening ;(

S
Old 05-24-2011, 03:14 PM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by In_to_the_Mystic_2003 View Post
I don't see that many issues in the 450 Forum on the Ice 50 so thinking it's mainly HV CC ESC's that are the issue. Looks like a lot of 120HV Issues.

My choices would be.
1. Jive 80HV or 120HV - Good but Expensive
2. Hobbywing 120HV aka Turnigy KForce - (With VBar Gov) .
3. Castle 160HV
Perfect rundown of the choices I am facing as I am continuing my 700 build and facing the last pieces of the puzzle. I am leaning towards the HW since I really have a grievance against being raped by the cost of the Jive's. I have yet to see a fire on the CC160 but man they weigh a ton!
And After 2 years of watching I have yet to see a CCice50 esc tank in any of the forums I belong to. And the one I have has been tortured through multiple builds, crashes, and puffed a few batts! I am now running the 6s scorp 2221-2010 upgrade with it and it comes down almost cool after hard 7 minute flights. I am in love with the stellar little Ice50!
But! After saying that, I hate to say this. Concerning its bigger brother the 120 even after the recent good press from guys having great luck with them, I will not own one now.
6 months ago I was a willing buyer, but not now.
The rest of their lineup rocks!
Old 05-25-2011, 07:11 AM   #80 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Hello all

Hope you guys don't mind me chiming in here but given the nature of this thread I though it would be a good place to ask.

I'm trying to get a cataloging of some of data logs of these ESC's going in the main section here: https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...43#post2959443 , and especially with anyone who has had a good working ESC, it would be really great if any of you could contribute to this as having reports and the setup specs from good working ESC's is in part, part of why I made this.

So I know this is a lot of work but if anyone has anything they could add to this, who knows, it may end up being helpful.

Thanks
WBFAir is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in