Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters

Mikado Logo Helicopters Mikado Logo Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2010, 06:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 12s 3000mah 600 or se?

Hey guys, I want to get some opinions if I can. I have a 500 that uses 3000mah batteries. I want to build a 12s 600 - given my battery size, should I go 600 or 600se? changing batteries is NOT an option, if I were to do that I would just build a 700 machine and start from scratch. My only other option is to build a trex 600esp so you can see my delema! I know the battery size is a little on the lighter side for a 12s ship so where is the best advantage? will the larger blades of the se be too much for what is already a super light setup? My flying style is pretty hard 3d but I like to keep it nice and smooth with good collective management. Man I sure want to move to the logo family!!!
newblueshoe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2010, 08:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have both and I would definitely go 6003D. It rocks. You'll want 400 packs for the 600SE. The SE will be too light with 3000 packs, and the power required will be too hard on the little 3000 packs.

A 600 spinning 603s, however, absolutely rocks on some light 3000 packs!!!!! You'll love it. It smacks, it's smooth, it's big, it does it all. I like the 600SE a lot for different reasons... Speed, big, presence , sound, autos, and flight time. But, for pure hard flying, you can't beat a lightweight 6003D!!!!!!!
Old 11-18-2010, 08:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks overtemp, thats the info I needed! I might even pm you for some specific details - motor, esc, etc. that you have experience with. The 12s trex esp was just looking like too many small changes that needed to be made to get a proper ship. I love the idea of "light and powerful". This might be my dream chopper, dare I say the last one I will need? No, I won't say that yet.
newblueshoe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2010, 11:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by newblueshoe View Post
Thanks overtemp, thats the info I needed! I might even pm you for some specific details - motor, esc, etc. that you have experience with. The 12s trex esp was just looking like too many small changes that needed to be made to get a proper ship. I love the idea of "light and powerful". This might be my dream chopper, dare I say the last one I will need? No, I won't say that yet.
I've gotten rid of all my others

I'm fairly new to logos... I've only got a couple hundred flights on mine, but went with premium setups and don't regret it. I'll be glad to answer PMs, but I stood on the shoulders of giants like NTM and OICU812 not terribly long ago. They've tried it all and I picked from their faves. I don't regret it. I have tried some experiments with weight, and I can REALLY tell the diff on the 6003D when batts start getting heavy.

I also had a Trex 600 on 12S. It is a lot of little changes, and it's a terrible fbl platform. With the FB, all trexs do strange things with light paddles/blades. The 12S Trex motor is also not compatible with a logo, so if you 12S the Trex you'll be buying motors twice.

Cheers
Old 11-19-2010, 12:54 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I use 6s 3000mAh batteries in my Protos and I too use them in my SE. It's really light, but okay. It would be better to use 3600 to 4000mAh, they would sit pretty good in the frame with center of gravity in the right place...
-Klaus
Old 11-19-2010, 08:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you don't have very high quality packs, the SE will kill them quickly.
I run 12S 3300 in my 600 3D and it's great, you can slap the bird around as hard as you can and it will just keep going.
Going from Trex to Logo is an irreversible step.
king.mark is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in