Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Align 3G FBL System > Align 3GX FBL System

Align 3GX FBL System Align 3GX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2012, 09:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Spinning violently on spool up, 3GX

I just finished the DIR and tail setup and everything went smoothly ( I think), with the help of one of the members.
The problem is the Trex 450 pro spins violently the the left when I spool it up. I can correct it with rudder stick, but then it spins violently to the right. Any ideas?
extreme1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2012, 09:37 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

easy fix,,,,,tail correction on your 3gx needs to be reversed. stick movement is not the same as gyro correction.

gyro is correct when trailing edge of tail blades move in the same direction as tail.
koppterx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2012, 09:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme1 View Post
I just finished the DIR and tail setup and everything went smoothly ( I think), with the help of one of the members.
The problem is the Trex 450 pro spins violently the the left when I spool it up. I can correct it with rudder stick, but then it spins violently to the right. Any ideas?

Sounds like you need ot reverse your tail servo in the tail servo setup. Power the bird up, for safety disarm your motor by unplugging it. Once the 3GX is initialized, rotate the nose right the blades on the tail should pitch opositite.
SOMEBODY double check me, I don't want to mis-inform the feloww about how the blades should respond
torpedoarmed is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2012, 10:26 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I should have mentioned that I have the training gear on, and it spins violently before it lifts off the ground. This is my first FBL.

Should the tail correct when I move the helicopter nose left and right? It's not.
Old 04-14-2012, 11:55 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Tail gain set to low? Tail grip flip mod performed? Slider moves oposit on the pro with the grip mod. The slider moves right for right rudder, servo pushes control rod instead of pulling.
What TX and gyro settings?
Old 04-14-2012, 03:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well I fixed the spinning problem, the tail wasn't set-up correctly.

However, now the tail quickly wags back and forth, just before it lifts off. I've lowered the gain in the tx, but no changes. HELP
Old 04-14-2012, 03:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

could be too little headspeed or gain to high. a wag i would guess hs.

what radio?
koppterx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2012, 08:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Well I fixed the spinning problem, the tail wasn't set-up correctly.

However, now the tail quickly wags back and forth, just before it lifts off. I've lowered the gain in the tx, but no changes. HELP
Lowering the gain having no effect usually means there's a mechanical problem, tight links on the control rod, loctite got on brass bushings in the pitch control assy from putting loctite on the screws instead of in the holes etc.
Old 04-14-2012, 11:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

How did you fix it mine is doing the same thing.
Pat Guit is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2012, 06:32 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Pat,

I re-setup the tail. That stopped the spinning. Now I have a violent tail wag just before it lifts off. I'm using training gear until I get it flying correctly. I don't know how to fix tghe wagging tail.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:40 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Pat,

I re-setup the tail. That stopped the spinning. Now I have a violent tail wag just before it lifts off. I'm using training gear until I get it flying correctly. I don't know how to fix tghe wagging tail.
Gain to high, vibes. Been crashed or the tail blades hit something?
Old 04-16-2012, 01:24 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Make sure your gyro gain is on aux 2, NOT gear
in your radio settup.
markb50 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2012, 05:07 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks guys. The heli is brand new, never been flown. It is set on Aux2,

I just read something on another post about decreasing the gyro gain below 50% and seeing if the 3GX light turns red. Then setting the gains again. I'm gonna try that tonight if I have time.
Old 04-16-2012, 06:48 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:

I just read something on another post about decreasing the gyro gain below 50% and seeing if the 3GX light turns red. Then setting the gains again. I'm gonna try that tonight if I have time.
Changing the gain from a Rate value to a HH value while noting the 3GX status LED change color is a confirmation that you have the TX and RX gain channel assigned correctly.

SAB Goblin 700 - CCHV120 - BEC Pro - AR7200BX - TM1000 / 450 Pro - GT5 - Tarot head / T-Rex 550 V2.1 - CC100 - BEC Pro - AR7200BX - TM1000 /
1004ron is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2012, 07:25 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Wells that's a must, it's in rm / red led and that's the mode the tail needs setup in.
In RM the servo horn should be 90ed and the the rod adjusted so there's some pitch on the tail blades, about 12mm between the tips when folded back. Then back to HH, gain above 50.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:13 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well I lowered the gain below 50 and the green light stayed on. It finally went off when I got down to 5. Should I keep it below 5 and re-setup the tail?
Old 04-17-2012, 05:43 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have to lower mine below 2.5 before the light turns RED. I don't know if this is normal???????
I tried what Bad007 said doing the tail setup un RM mode an it did not change anything. It start spinning just before take off and I broke the tail blade.

WO! someone said you have to be on AUX2, I have been told to be on GEAR now I am confuse?????

I can't wait to flight
Pat Guit is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2012, 06:10 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Guit View Post
I have to lower mine below 2.5 before the light turns RED. I don't know if this is normal???????
I tried what Bad007 said doing the tail setup un RM mode an it did not change anything. It start spinning just before take off and I broke the tail blade.

WO! someone said you have to be on AUX2, I have been told to be on GEAR now I am confuse?????
You need to be on AUX2 if running two SAT's with the 3GX, but if using an RX, then the GEAR channel.

That's quite a common mistake, and that's why I suggest the below to confirm that the TX and RX channels are correctly assigned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1004ron View Post
Changing the gain from a Rate value to a HH value while noting the 3GX status LED change color is a confirmation that you have the TX and RX gain channel assigned correctly.

Getting the RED Rate mode LED come on down at 2.5 makes me think that your TX is something like a DX8.

With the DX8 0 to +100 is HH, and -100 to 0 is Rate mode.

SAB Goblin 700 - CCHV120 - BEC Pro - AR7200BX - TM1000 / 450 Pro - GT5 - Tarot head / T-Rex 550 V2.1 - CC100 - BEC Pro - AR7200BX - TM1000 /
Old 04-17-2012, 06:10 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Guit View Post

I can't wait to flight
Gear is for gov, gyro gain is on aux2. In the TXs initial setup check aux 2 setup.
The tail setup is simple, RM, red led the slider returns to the center all the time when there is no TX input or no tail movement. That's when the servo horn needs installed at 90deg. and the rod adjusted so there's some tail blade pitch. You must setup the TX so you can toggle RM and HH so you know your setup properally and can adjust the gain. As for tail compensation turning the helli nose left should pitch the tail blades toward the tail box.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:13 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Well I lowered the gain below 50 and the green light stayed on. It finally went off when I got down to 5. Should I keep it below 5 and re-setup the tail?
If it just switched to Rate mode at 5, then take the gain down to around -50 for your setup in Rate mode.

At 5 it would be teetering between Rate and HH mode with no gain.

All dependent on what TX you're using !!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in