Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Scorpion ESC and Motor Support

Scorpion ESC and Motor Support Scorpion Power Systems ESC and Motor Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2011, 04:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default A question regarding v-bar gov

So I just got my spanking new scorpion 130 all set up for v-bar gov. PC-link worked ok - but was "picky" on when it would want to communicate, I think com 3 worked better.

Anyway, my 2 main concerns are:
1. The motor doesn't start good. It doesn't have a delay start - but it just goes back and forth until the v-bar ramps up. Motor is align 700MX 530kv. I don't know if I should try playing with v-bar endpoints or what. They are at -100 +100. ESC: Timing 5, Motor accel delay .15, external gov mode. This testing is with blades off and it happens every single time from stop. Also simulating load on the head doesnt help either.

2. Now this is with blades off, but spool up sure seems fast for a 700. It's at 1900 in maybe 4 seconds even including the 2 or 3 seconds of motor jiggle..

Any help appreciated.
Thanks.

UPDATE:
Ok before I post, I just tried raising the vbar endpoints to -96, then -94, then -92. On these settings, the motor starts fine, -the first start only- any subsequent starts results in motor jiggle - regardless of the endpoint. It will only start ok if you unplug the battery. Again, spool up seems very fast. I have the bailout disabled.

RANT below, do not need to read
I'm kinda used to all or nothing style landings and I never had any problems doing autos on a 700 - I just don't do inverted autos and any type of trick auto, other than maybe sliding. I never ever land under power unless I absolutely have to, just something I started doing when I was a noob, and I realized its much easier and maybe safer.
T-rex 700E V-BAR V2-B Tail, DFC Head system, Outrage 9188 tail, 610's, Quantum 4530-500, slant gear. Scorpion Commander V 130A with SBEC, Running V-Bar gov - the best governor combo ever. Maiden Flight: 6/5/2010 - Still on stock frame & blades as of Dec 2013.
Mike3DPro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2011, 04:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Startup,

Endpoints wont matter as the esc will autolearn whatever you choose.
The start is stuttering, thats how it can start it without folding blades, but yes it will stutter some.

My spoolup after that is fast but still is ok.

You could, if you run fullsize, switch to nitro and try lowering ramp up to 2 then switch back to electric.

Com port number does not matter, if com3 worked on your computer its something else that caused that, name does not matter but if you have other com ports the auto detect will perhaps "crash" on the others. Use sigle selection if so.
Otherwise it does not matter if you have com3 or com99

Startup will differ on different motors, that is nature of the beast, timing might affect.
Old 12-31-2011, 04:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Do you have the OPTO cable connected from Vbar to esc? I ran mine up the first time with no blades and it seemed like the head was screaming...but when I put the blades on it was running a much lower rpm than it was with them off. That can cause some issues if you dont. I am not running vbar gov yet as I have to upgrade to 5.2 first but tried the internal gov today. I have been going back and forth with MrMel trying to get the issues worked out with the pc connection because I can not connect at all. And when I make changes via IR link I have to reset my endpoints everytime. Also the internal gov needs a lot of tweaking of I and P gain to get the mix perfect. I ran 4 flights and am close to getting it but am still getting small tail kick to the right.

What version of vbar are you running? In 5.2 setting up the gov is super simple and if I remember right you only use the endpoints to find where the motor spools up, set it and forget it.

Chris_M is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2011, 04:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Ok cool the nitro mode switch is a cool tweak. I'll try that in a little bit, other than that all looks well. Thanks Mel. Hey and I like how the vbar screenshots are on the pc link instructions haha. You're the best
T-rex 700E V-BAR V2-B Tail, DFC Head system, Outrage 9188 tail, 610's, Quantum 4530-500, slant gear. Scorpion Commander V 130A with SBEC, Running V-Bar gov - the best governor combo ever. Maiden Flight: 6/5/2010 - Still on stock frame & blades as of Dec 2013.
Old 12-31-2011, 05:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm running 5.2, and yes it is simple. I just like to test things out a lot before I go and blow up my only real heli. After all, its been such a long time, the 700 size is scary again... I say that and I've had angle grinder cut off wheels break apart into my completely unprotected face, lucky I closed my eyes. Never without a shield again for me lol
Old 12-31-2011, 06:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Where have you guys found the new Scorpion ESC in stock?
EO19 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2011, 06:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Here: http://www.innov8tivedesigns.com/pro...9fb9e386231aec

I went down there to get mine, and I know that with all their pre orders, they don't have a very big stockpile of these yet... But more to come 2nd week of jan. According to me adding esc's into my cart, looks like they have 12 left...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in