Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > DJI Multirotor Support > Flamewheel Multirotor Support

Flamewheel Multirotor Support Flamewheel Multirotor Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2012, 02:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Naza F450, poor props?

Hi guys. While searching internet for some info, I keep bumping into thread people complaining about breaking the stock F450 kit props, even in just normal hovering. Is it really that bad? I don't want to constantly worrying about breaking prop anytime. What's your thought?
shaun169 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2012, 04:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have not had a problem breaking props unless I take a good hit either into the ground or a bush. I even hit a chain link fence and only bent the prop. I you want the Cadillac of props then Graupners are your best bet. A little pricy but worth it.
AMA #844172 DJI S1000 Lightbridge Zen for 5D, S900 LB Zen for BMPCC, DJI Phantom 2 Vision +, P2Z2 with Data Link, P2Z3 with LB DJI Forum Support
Tahoe Ed is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2012, 05:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Do the graupners give better stability?

BTW thanks for all the info.
GB ian is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2012, 07:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

In the wind, I would say yes they are more stable. I also think that they are more efficient. I switched from the DJI to the Graupners and got an additional 20% flying time on my F550. I consider that a bonus.
AMA #844172 DJI S1000 Lightbridge Zen for 5D, S900 LB Zen for BMPCC, DJI Phantom 2 Vision +, P2Z2 with Data Link, P2Z3 with LB DJI Forum Support
Old 03-15-2012, 11:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
In the wind, I would say yes they are more stable. I also think that they are more efficient. I switched from the DJI to the Graupners and got an additional 20% flying time on my F550. I consider that a bonus.
Very nice bump in flying time! Since we are talking about props, is there a brand or type for these quads that are also known for less noise? Planning on building a DJI F450 and would like to know which props are quietest.
sugs is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2012, 12:57 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Once again, that would be the Graupners,,, but be prepaired for the cost!

A good, resiliant prop with very good flying characteristics that won't break the bank are APC's. You can buy a truck load of APC's for the price of a set of Graupners and not worry about them separating in flight.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:48 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Be aware with the APC's that they do not like cold weather. When they get cold they are prone to fracture easily. In mild weather they are fine.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:21 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks a lot for the replies. Exact answers I was looking for
shaun169 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2012, 10:55 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I willl try the graupners, the F550 seems to need the efficiency. I am looking for 10 to 12 mins on 4S 5000.

Right now I only have 4S 2700 TP 65C and it is gone completley in 5....and I mean really low!
Old 03-16-2012, 10:56 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ed, can you point me to the right graupner props for a 4S F550?

I am a heli guy...props are a mystery to me!
Old 03-16-2012, 11:08 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB ian View Post
Ed, can you point me to the right graupner props for a 4S F550?

I am a heli guy...props are a mystery to me!
I get them from Graupner USA. I am using the 8x5's with 4S. Note that the hole is 5mm at the top and 8mm at the bottom. I used a drill press and a stepped drill to get it to 8mm on top. The step drill never made it down to the bottom of the prop which was actually good. It meant that the prop was tight and centered on the original cast hole. They fly really well. I have yet to try the 10's on it.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:20 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks
Old 03-16-2012, 12:24 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is this the prop?

http://www.v-eastonline.com/products...p-8x5-%22.html
Old 03-16-2012, 09:04 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

That is the one. They come in R and L configurations.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:23 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

After 4 weeks i have finally given up on v-eastononline, they took my order for 8x5the props but could never deliver on it and they were very unprofessional to deal with.

Can anyone recommend another brand of props? APC would be the obvious choice but my LHS told me APC does not make and 8x5 eprop, is this true?
Old 04-18-2012, 12:02 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have been using the slowfly props from Hobby King, very surprised at just how good they are. I have also got smaller props from http://www.gothelirc.com/ and they are excellent, they have also got a good range of props from Gaui, GF and APC.
petedee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2012, 09:33 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks mate. APC seems to only have 8x6 at my LHS. I am wondering if this will be too much on a 4S setup.

I want to use the hexa for AP so it needs to be super smooth. The stock props were making it twitch a little.

I also have to say that after having atttempted to do business with v-eastononline recently I would advise anyone here to stay well away from them. They make HK customer service look good!
Old 04-18-2012, 11:05 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is a pusher prop the same as a left or right rotating prop? I was looking at alternatives and some of them don't specifically say left or right rotation. Just normal rotation and pusher.
sugs is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2012, 10:16 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have purchased almost $1000 in props from Graupner USA, aka v-eastonline. My largest order was for 16 pair of props. They have been able to fulfill all my orders. That being said, I placed an order for some 10x5's and they do not have them in stock. Do I think that they should have done a preorder and charged me when they were able to ship. Yes, but it is not my business. I did get an email stating that they were supposed to get a shipment this week. I trust them at their word. They are just waiting on the manufacture.

Just an FYI Graupners are very popular right now and the supplies run out fast. If you see them, buy them or wait around.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:42 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Tahoe Ed,

I did try with V-easton but after 4 occasions of being told...they will come next week I gave up.

What do you think about APC 8x6?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in